Pitman - 0 (0%)
Garrick - 1 (2%)
Hope - 0 (0%)
Omotoye - 0 (0%)
Missilou - 1 (2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sunderland vs STFC MoM  (Read 4098 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 21:06:29 »

Played on the back foot, but a decent team performance with several players sticking well to their jobs. Can't be too upset about that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 21:07:27 »

Broadbent . Easy
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 21:11:56 »

Broadbent . Easy

hes been brilliant since his return. a key figure in trying to stay up hope he stays fit
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 21:17:20 »

Payne
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 21:32:06 »

Broadbent defended really well again today. He makes us look so much more solid at the back. However, all of the quality moments again today came from Twine.

Two freekicks won and our only 2 shots in the first half. Slide rule pass to Hope for our best chance, burst into the box and shot cross that should have been tucked away at the back post and the wonder strike against the crossbar in the last seconds. Plus, he put in a decent defensive performance too. So has to be Twine for me.

P.S. Got to be an honourable mention for Trueman too

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 22:15:20 »

I voted for Rob Hunt.

Best wishes,

The Rob Hunt Appreciation Society.
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 22:22:57 »

I also voted for Rob Hunt cos we're a clique.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 22:23:45 »

That one pass from Twine to Hope wins it single handedly for me. I made a very unusual noise, followed by a much more usual noise when it was saved.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 22:42:30 »

I also voted for Rob Hunt cos we're a clique.

But WHAT A CLIQUE.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 09:56:06 »

Easily Broadbent for me, Trueman and Twine had good games, I thought Thompson harried them a lot and Conroy was solid.

Thats about where it ends though, nobody really had an awful awful game but Payne and Palmer are too weak and lightweight in the middle, Grounds was exposed a lot 1st half and they rightly identified him as the weak link in the defence.

The rest were average, Missilou is another like Joel Grant, I don't see the point in him, L2 at best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:00:06 »

Broady did well but ultimately cost us the game with his clumsy foul. It's not his fault, and these things happen, but for Hunt just sneaks it because of that.

McGeady has been on fire recently and barely had a kick. Hunt also had Garrick ahead of him, not Thompson, so less help.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:19:47 »

The articulate chat from the Hunt clique is somewhat out of proportion to his place in the voting. This one's going to the wire, so make your vote count before Flashheart comes in and fucks it up.  Girl Giggle

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:20:39 »

I think to blame Broadbent for the goal is very very harsh, I have watched the replay several times, at the start of the free kick Broadbent is blocked off and then pushed from behind slightly, the ball effectively flies past Thompson who should have done better and at least got a touch, Conroy and Grounds were also nowhere to be seen and Palmer made no attempt to even impede the runner or jump to head the ball but all he did was get in Broadbents way blocking him from getting near the header of the ball.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:48:23 »

I think to blame Broadbent for the goal is very very harsh, I have watched the replay several times, at the start of the free kick Broadbent is blocked off and then pushed from behind slightly, the ball effectively flies past Thompson who should have done better and at least got a touch, Conroy and Grounds were also nowhere to be seen and Palmer made no attempt to even impede the runner or jump to head the ball but all he did was get in Broadbents way blocking him from getting near the header of the ball.

I don't blame him.

Also, my point is that he gave away the FK because he was the wrong side. Nothing to do with how we defended the FK.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:53:14 »

Think he was blaming him for the free kick he conceded, which is fair because it was a dumb challenge to make. As PP said though, it happens. Wasn't expecting us to get anything anyway but overall disappointed we didn't take it to a Sunderland side who really aren't very good given their position.

The more of the top sides I watch in this league the more I'm convinced that last seasons side could've been a top 8 side at least.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: