Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For Nemo: Nailed on 3 points- let’s keep positive. Sunderland v STFC  (Read 19020 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:01:12 »

I am probably missing something but who is this 'Hawes' who keeps being interviewed?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:04:51 »

I am probably missing something but who is this 'Hawes' who keeps being interviewed?
Andrew Hawes is the interviewer not the interviewee, he merely offers his opinion being the BBC commentator.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:21:30 »

Andrew Hawes is the interviewer not the interviewee, he merely offers his opinion being the BBC commentator.

Ta!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:23:47 »

Sheridan:
- Good display
- Came to a big club, but competed well
- Lots of endeavour
- Could have kept ball better in the first half
- Didnt want to give cheap freekicks away as they had good delivery
- They had a couple of chances when we were chasing the game
- Disappointed
- Got a bit of a system and work ethic. Lots of honesty about us
- Didnt keep ball long enough in the first half but better in the second
- Keeper hasnt had much to do
- Poor goal to give away
- Twine wonderstrike at the end. Shame we didnt come away with anything
- When Twine gets in and around the area he's good. But its his all round play too.
- Ball to Hope was a lovely pass and best chance of the game
- Team performance was spirited
- Going to be tight until the end of the season
- Would have been a great point if we'd got it, but just fell sort
- Trueman has good pedigree. Only joined up with us yesterday. Did what he had to do well. Looked comfortable
- Does Trueman have to play on Saturday? Sheridan unsure of the rules. But will make sure we do the right thing. We have to have a fit keeper to compete with Matthews
- Just want players to know the importance of wanting to stay in the division. Players are showing they want to
- Need to keep the standard of performance up
- Its hard for the players playing Sat/Tues. Will think about whats best between now and Saturday
- Lyden, J Grant, T Smith and Odimayo will be fit
- Hunt did well after leaving Caddis out

Am I detecting a slightly less caustic approach to the players here, seems more inclined to praise (or at least not just criticise for the sake of it) when compared to earlier in the season.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 16:24:20 »

From what I’ve seen and heard, Sheridan will say it as it is.  If people don’t like being criticised for not doing their job tough. He’s upset a few in the camp, but he’s made an atmosphere of ‘prove me wrong’.

It’s his way of motivation. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but it seems to have gelled the players into a unit now working to jointly prove that they can do it.

Let’s face it, that’s all he has asked for.

Now he’s seen that they are at least using their brains, he’s prepared to praise them and recognise their effort.

As I say, not everyone’s way of doing it. But it seems to be working.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 18:04:28 »

But since he has been giving Sheridan a hard time of late, I thought it worth adding the points he makes when he is asked his opinion after he has finished interviewing.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 21:29:22 »

But since he has been giving Sheridan a hard time of late, I thought it worth adding the points he makes when he is asked his opinion after he has finished interviewing.
And tbf his opinion is generally worth listening to so thank you for summarising it NMH
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 21:30:17 »

yeah, much appreciated NMH
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 21:54:44 »

From what I’ve seen and heard, Sheridan will say it as it is.  If people don’t like being criticised for not doing their job tough. He’s upset a few in the camp, but he’s made an atmosphere of ‘prove me wrong’.

It’s his way of motivation. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but it seems to have gelled the players into a unit now working to jointly prove that they can do it.

Now he’s seen that they are at least using their brains, he’s prepared to praise them and recognise their effort.

Still feels a bit early to me for this sort of messianic revisionism. Sorry but I'm not quite ready to buy into the cunning plan theory.

Oh, and "saying it as it is" would be quite nice if it included the fans more than once every other game. Can't remember a manager who could be less arsed with those duties, lockdown or not.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:02:42 »

I think it is a bit of a stretch to say it is working, 2 good performances (Ipswich and Lincoln) in 20 odd matches doesn't constitute as working in my eyes.  Have the results improved in the past 4 games, yes, but 1 of those 4 was a complete fluke and undeserved.

2 swallows does not a summer make and all that.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #235 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:09:59 »

I think it is a bit of a stretch to say it is working, 2 good performances (Ipswich and Lincoln) in 20 odd matches doesn't constitute as working in my eyes.  Have the results improved in the past 4 games, yes, but 1 of those 4 was a complete fluke and undeserved.

100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:21:26 »

We might have improved slightly but to be fair could we have got any worse?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:24:31 »

We might have improved slightly but to be fair could we have got any worse?

We are looking at degrees of improvement here from an awfully low base.

Lots of games played (and lost) and IMO a terrible amount of damage caused.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:45:54 »

It doesn't (and I'll dodge the obvious gag for once) but nonetheless there does seem to have been a step change in how we set up at least. And while Sunderland was a regression from the more on the front foot positive tactics deployed at Lincoln, the 4-2-3-1 with Twine as a 10 stayed. There is a change for the positive in the set up, it's a shame that at Sunderland we didn't deploy the tactics to match until they scored.
Flashheart

« Reply #239 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:49:57 »

Surely the point is that it is working *now*?

We're still not ripping up trees, but things have improved.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: