Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Trust ask club for answers via open letter  (Read 3733 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:00:43 »

Hi all
You may have seen the adver publishing an open letter from the Trust today asking the club for openness and honestly and a plan regarding the current financial situation at the club. Article 1 of 2 is here https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19080928.truststfc-asks-swindon-town-owners-provide-honesty-clarity-open-letter/

We at the Trust would be interested in your views and very much welcome everyone's support.
COYRs
Thanks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:05:32 »

Hi all
You may have seen the adver publishing an open letter from the Trust today asking the club for openness and honestly and a plan regarding the current financial situation at the club. Article 1 of 2 is here https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19080928.truststfc-asks-swindon-town-owners-provide-honesty-clarity-open-letter/

We at the Trust would be interested in your views and very much welcome everyone's support.
COYRs
Thanks

Personally don't think the Trust is asking for too much really. Sports clubs rely on the income of the ('customer') fans who put in a lot of time, effort and money so surely the least they deserve is openness and honesty as to what is happening.

FWIW, I think I saw something on Twitter yesterday about Plymouth Arygle opening up their books to their fans which was rewarded with a very positive response. What were your thoughts about that and presumably this would be the route you believe STFC should go down?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:06:29 »

Saying all the right things for me, just hope one or more of the parties involved actually speaks up. Clem is the strange one for me - seems willing to talk to individual fans but not organised groupings? (not on the record anyway!) With Power you know where you stand as he has no interest in any of it!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:20:13 »

Somebody has to ask the questions, and while the OSC probably want the same answers its not really thier MO to be asking them.

I know the club monitor the TEF, and whover is reading this, for the love of God please get the point across to Power.

This next bit is so vitally important, without genuine transparency you are going to struggle with ST sales next season.

Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are due to go on sale and no doubt the funds from this would provide a much-needed financial boost in these difficult times. But it is not that simple.

Thousands of supporters purchased season tickets for the 20-21 season and over the last six months have heard nothing from the club. No options have been offered - no refunds, no discounts, nothing.

Season-ticket holders are given access to watch matches on TV through the iFollow system, but at £10 a match this is valued at £230 per season. This short-changes these loyal supporters significantly, especially those who may have purchased multiple season tickets for family members.
Other supporters will refuse to purchase a season ticket because they have trust issues in relation to financial dealings at the club.

It could be of course Power doesn't care, is selling up anyway, whatever. But there are good staff in the CG, staff that need to pick up the pieces regarless.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:27:39 »

Personally don't think the Trust is asking for too much really. Sports clubs rely on the income of the ('customer') fans who put in a lot of time, effort and money so surely the least they deserve is openness and honesty as to what is happening.

FWIW, I think I saw something on Twitter yesterday about Plymouth Arygle opening up their books to their fans which was rewarded with a very positive response. What were your thoughts about that and presumably this would be the route you believe STFC should go down?

Yes we as a board saw the Plymouth approach and thought it was excellent,  their chairman seems very much open and transparent and that is certainly what we would like to see the club do, until they take this approach we fear people will not want to buy season tickets so for many reasons it's in the clubs interests and would certainly start rebuilding trust with the fans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:30:21 »

Saying all the right things for me, just hope one or more of the parties involved actually speaks up. Clem is the strange one for me - seems willing to talk to individual fans but not organised groupings? (not on the record anyway!) With Power you know where you stand as he has no interest in any of it!
I thought Clem was onboard with the Trust not that long ago? I may have got the wrong end of the stick but I could have sworn they had spoken to him about his intentions.

Always difficult though when he is still currently a shareholder at the club or not, allegedly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:30:57 »

Yes we as a board saw the Plymouth approach and thought it was excellent,  their chairman seems very much open and transparent and that is certainly what we would like to see the club do, until they take this approach we fear people will not want to buy season tickets so for many reasons it's in the clubs interests and would certainly start rebuilding trust with the fans.

Totally agree and that's the point Batch made above. Loyal supporters of many years are drifting away from the club and at a point in time where income to the club is vital, honest and open communication simply HAS to happen to get people onside.

Fair play to the work you guys continue to do.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:32:46 »

Totally agree and that's the point Batch made above. Loyal supporters of many years are drifting away from the club and at a point in time where income to the club is vital, honest and open communication simply HAS to happen to get people onside.
Absolutely true, its a pivotal point in the clubs history right now, make or break.

Fair play to the work you guys continue to do.
Again very much this.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:00:15 »

I ran a twitter poll asking what people would do if the ST renewals came out this month. Now you can take the results with a large pinch of salt I guess, preople are pissed off and I guess change there mind when push comes to shove... but anyway

"If season ticket renewals come out next month (feb), what will you do"

renew  16%
renew if price is right 14%
wait and see (power/covid) 34%
not renewing 37%

369 votes, 2th Jan 2021
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:02:17 »

Absolutely true, its a pivotal point in the clubs history right now, make or break.
Again very much this.
Agree 100% with PV's  statements,  now is probably the last chance that this club has of convincing the fans the money they have needs to be invested in this once lovable club.  However, with no evidence of cash flow who in their right mind is going to invest without checking paperwork (Barry & Standing excepted),  Wake up Power, you won't be able to rely on season ticket sales this year. But then do you really give a fuck ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:08:01 »

There is no upside in Power becoming transparent. Up until recently we all were under the impression he wasn’t interested in anyone investing in the club. We now know that was complete bollocks. Standing/Barry have been ‘investors’ from day one.

I always remember Moosehead saying that the club would be OK until Power sold up. Then all the skeletons would come tumbling out.

I don’t think we can imagine all the financial jiggery pokery that has gone on during his reign.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:08:14 »

Wake up Power, you won't be able to rely on season ticket sales this year. But then do you really give a fuck ?.
The current evidence seems to suggest the answer "no" to this.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:33:03 »

The current evidence seems to suggest the answer "no" to this.

Especially as he has just come into quite the windfall.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:46:46 »

Somebody has to ask the questions, and while the OSC probably want the same answers its not really thier MO to be asking them.

I know the club monitor the TEF, and whover is reading this, for the love of God please get the point across to Power.

This next bit is so vitally important, without genuine transparency you are going to struggle with ST sales next season.

It could be of course Power doesn't care, is selling up anyway, whatever. But there are good staff in the CG, staff that need to pick up the pieces regarless.
Absolutely this. We apparently sold 3300 season tickets this season, I'd imagine that went a fair way to keeping the club going, along with bailouts etc. If season tickets go on sale in the next couple of weeks, I'd fear they might not even reach four figures given the current climate. Something needs to move.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:56:58 »

I'm sure we're not the only club with worries over returning season ticket numbers, but there can't be many where the drop off in team performance and goodwill from the fans to the running of the club is as bad as ours has been.

Well done to the Trust for standing up for this, I don't expect an answer will be forthcoming but the questions need to be asked.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: