Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is this the worst position the club has been in...  (Read 5781 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:33:43 »

I recall a match at Southend away thinking it was the last time I'd watch this club. Can't remember the year. Must have been the same period as the aforementioned Brentford game.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 12:58:35 »

If anything the clubs the most stable it's ever been.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 13:25:27 »

Just unstable people in charge

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 13:40:12 »

I recall a match at Southend away thinking it was the last time I'd watch this club. Can't remember the year. Must have been the same period as the aforementioned Brentford game.
Cheltenham at home in the JPT was one that I recall thinking "this could be it"

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:29:03 »

Just unstable people in charge

No doubt about this - I hope it is "just" and we come through this

No one kills a thread like me....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 17:10:03 »

We have a club. Yes it might be during bad times, but the club have done well to survive. Wages have been paid, and no-one, that I am aware of, has been made redundant. No income, or very little.

New Training Ground in progress.

Not all bad, but not all good. Wellens started the sinking ship and was certainly a coward jumping. He made poor decisions on recruitment. What we don't know who actually makes the footballing decisions.

Is Power a cunt? I don't think he is. Does the club need a change. Yes, most definitely. There is more going on behind the scenes than anything we all know about. Who, can honestly say, they would want to buy a football club even more so during the last 12 months.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 17:15:23 »

Who, can honestly say, they would want to buy a football club even more so during the last 12 months.
Sorry but that's a bollocks argument, the same as "Ooh, Boris is doing the best he can, would you do any better?". No I wouldn't want to buy a football club. But I didn't. Power did. He bought our club. And he's making a right fucking mess of it at the moment.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 17:32:07 »

Who, can honestly say, they would want to buy a football club even more so during the last 12 months.

Me. If I had the money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 17:40:49 »

is power a cunt?

yes.

and no I'm not quantifying the reasons I think that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 17:43:34 »

If I had a fairly large supply of money then yes I would, If I had a smaller amount of wealth as Lee Power appears to have then no I wouldn't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 18:16:15 »

Wellens didn't start the sinking ship, COVID did.  Wellen's recruited poorly, but ideally didn't want to recruit the majority of those positions at all, Covid put paid to that.  Once he had to recruit there wasn't the same level of money available, because of Covid.

Did he jump ship? of course he did, and I would have done exactly the same given similar circumstances.  Would I have done it in a more honest and honourable manner, I would hope so.

As for is Power a cunt, I concur with PV.  He likes to play in a wealthy mans world, which is manageable in the normal world, but in the new world he is out of his depth.  This just proves that him financing the ground purchase and the training ground without dipping in his mates pockets was not viable and therefore he has sold us a pipe dream, for that he is a cunt.  He should have sold a long time ago, but didn't because he was greedy.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 19:25:21 »

Malpas was under Fitton. Wills/Diamandis ended around 2006-7, with the Power/Emmel/Trust takeover efforts not getting much traction and the board ended up selling to Fitton & co. from memory.

I think BEST holdings were a brief, terrifying flirtation during that period too. https://thewashbag.com/2012/11/07/hall-of-shame-20/

We have had some absolute chancers at Town over the years...
Some memories there (most of them bad!) Arthur Hunt, what a terrible commentator, he didn't rate Fjortoft!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 20:31:29 »

If I had a fairly large supply of money then yes I would, If I had a smaller amount of wealth as Lee Power appears to have then no I wouldn't.

Interesting, how much do you personally want/need to then be able to support a club like Swindon to a level you’d feel was appropriate?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:15:19 »

Interesting, how much do you personally want/need to then be able to support a club like Swindon to a level you’d feel was appropriate?
A lot, I would be talking about Roman Abramovich levels to comfortably afford to invest in the ground, team, staff, infrastructure etc...

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:20:35 »

Not a chance. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with the % of football fans that seem to know everything and are massively vocal about it. Way more hassle than its worth IMO.

What I might be inclined to do, if I did have a ridiculous sum of money behind me is just be a very silent benefactor and let people that have experience to deal with that. Even then I'd be likely to get grief and a driveway painted etc.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:23:22 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: