Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reg Smeeton  (Read 47666 times)
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:02:44 »

Sleep easy Reg.
Like others on here I miss reading your take on everything.
RIP Red Reg

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:04:14 »

That’s sad news indeed. I always appreciated the spice that Reg could bring to a conversation and often felt the urge to defend his views, being a realist (negative git) in a similar mould myself. He didn’t need defending obviously. Since Reg was notable for not wanting to predict scores, I wouldn’t want to suggest the predictions league is named after him, although there would be a certain irony to that, which would make me smile.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:08:15 »

RIP Reg. Sad, sad news.
As many have already said, he would have enjoyed this season more than last which probably sums him up pretty well.
I often disagreed with him & would find myself biting my tongue at some of his posts but he added real value to this forum & it'll be a poorer place without him.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #168 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:13:43 »

Sad news. I always enjoyed reading Reg's musings, bizarre hypotheses and the random correlations drawn between the now and a team from history.  Like a promotion chasing team needing an experienced right back, the TEF needs a Reg.  I think the Reg Smeeton Matchday action/reaction forum would be a fitting tribute. RIP Reg.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:35:27 »

This upsets me more than virtually any of the names posted in the Snuffed It thread. Reg was family - ok maybe the know-it-all uncle who had an anecdote for every occasion and a theory for every debate - but TEF family nonetheless. We knew so much about him as an STFC and Beehive regular, a nature and railway enthusiast, an aficionado of Eastern European womanhood, and yet when he disappeared, we discovered how little we knew. A statement on the internet age.

Not many of us come across as uniquely as he did on here, and the TEF has lost one of its most distinctive voices. RIP Reg.

*And Brighton is the club based in the smallest town/village in the league. I GOT THE LAST WORD.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:47:01 »

I think we all suspected it, but it feels like a real body blow to finally find out.  I don't know any of you, but have shared a lot of time virtually with many of you. I'm surprised how saddened I feel about losing one of you.  RIP Reg Smeeton - The walking encyclopedia.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:50:37 »

And thanks for posting that, very good of you
I knew him, never realised that's who Reg was. He used to stand, then sit, in Shrivvy Road. He was exactly as some of you describe. My condolences to his friends and family. RIP
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 20:55:44 »

Haven’t been on here as long as some fellow TEF members, but always enjoyed Reg’s post. RIP Reg
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #173 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:05:17 »

This upsets me more than virtually any of the names posted in the Snuffed It thread. Reg was family - ok maybe the know-it-all uncle who had an anecdote for every occasion and a theory for every debate - but TEF family nonetheless. We knew so much about him as an STFC and Beehive regular, a nature and railway enthusiast, an aficionado of Eastern European womanhood, and yet when he disappeared, we discovered how little we knew. A statement on the internet age.

Not many of us come across as uniquely as he did on here, and the TEF has lost one of its most distinctive voices. RIP Reg.

*And Brighton is the club based in the smallest town/village in the league. I GOT THE LAST WORD.

Burslem.

RIP Reg.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:05:21 »

Gutted.  Chatted and sparred with Reg/sleepingminnow for more than 20 yrs.  Sure we never met in person, which somehow adds to the empty feeling on hearing this.

Rest in peace, cyber-friend.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:11:17 »

I haven’t posted on here for a long time, but saw the sad news on Twitter and felt compelled to comment.  I always enjoyed Reg’s posts and his excellent knowledge.  He often defended me as well when I veered on the negative side and got some stick.  We were kindred spirits.  I’m absolutely gutted to be honest.  An utterly crap end to an already crap week. Sleep peacefully Reg/Andy ❤️ xxx
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:13:17 »

He was an awkward old bugger.  And I don't subscribe to the theory that he was trying to get a rise from people with some of his more contrarian postings.  He was no troll.  I think he believed what he posted...especially when it came to the lowly status of our football club.  He's up there, right now, giving it the full 'I told you so!'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:19:19 »

RIP Reg.

Encyclopaedic on matters STFC but also this Forum's most distinctive poster.

Condolences to your family & friends.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:21:00 »

My contact confirmed that Reg's name was Andy Beck. Sadly Andy passed away in January at the Prospect Hospice.
The link below will take you to the Beehive Cricket Team Twitter account where you can find a picture of Andy if you scroll down and are interested in putting a face to a name.
https://mobile.twitter.com/cricketbeehive

Thanks, Diesel, for passing this on.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:21:13 »

Shit and sad news. I enjoyed regs posts and admired his empirical (sometimes) evidence to back him up. Never met the guy but felt a big affinity with him albeit I've shagged considerably less (0) Eastern European ladies
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: