Poll
Question: Under current ownership will you renew?
Yes - 17 (27.9%)
No - 44 (72.1%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Years Season Tickets  (Read 24893 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #105 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:21:40 »

Lee Power ≠ Swindon Town FC.

Totally, but still understand what he is saying. He hasn't said he wants us to go bust ow would be happy to.
Panda Paws

« Reply #106 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:23:58 »

There are so many variable but do genuinely wonder whether going bust and starting from scratch might be the best thing for us.

I guess a lot of that would depend on who started / owned / financed the Phoenix club and what level we had to start at...plus things like a stadium and what not.

I dunno lots of clubs with lots of different levels of success with this.

Phoenix clubs in the regional leagues die out within a year or two, AFCW aside (and they were a unique situation).

I'd be finished - just become a casual PL sofa fan with the half a dozen Watford games and England away games a year.
Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:25:32 »

There are so many variable but do genuinely wonder whether going bust and starting from scratch might be the best thing for us.

I guess a lot of that would depend on who started / owned / financed the Phoenix club and what level we had to start at...plus things like a stadium and what not.

I dunno lots of clubs with lots of different levels of success with this.

I don't see how it would solve anything. You'd still have owners coming and going who may or may not be shifty.

Some might argue it'll be better if the club is fan-owned, but I don't see how that will solve anything either. I think it actually sounds quite dull.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:50:05 »

I kind of get what he is saying though. I am sure he doesn't WANT the club to go bust but if they did will not feel guilty for not helping out financially. I am the same
That's exactly what I'm saying, in years gone by I would have put have renewed and spent money at the club without thinking about it. I've had a season ticket for the last 25 years and for a lot of them I was playing on Saturdays so got no where near value for money but was happy to play my small part and still give the club season ticket money. With the current circumstances I don't feel that same goodwill, this is Lee Powers business and its his problem to keep it going now, as supporters we've been completely alienated by the club. As fond as I am of STFC it's not a keep it going at all cost scenario for me any more and for the first time I wouldn't feel any guilt in starving the club of funding.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:54:56 »

Most phoenix clubs are a bit gash aren#t they? Halifax, Scarborough, Hereford. Rushdon&Diamonds, Farnborough, Darlngton, etc
« Last Edit: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:00:32 by flammableBen » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:58:01 »

We should restart in Arizona in the States, and be a proper Phoenix club then!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #111 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:04:59 »

We should restart in Arizona in the States, and be a proper Phoenix club then!

Didier Drogba et al might not be too receptive to that idea.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:10:38 »

Most phoenix clubs are a bit gash aren#t they? Halifax, Scarborough, Hereford. Rushdon&Diamonds, Farnborough, Darlngton, etc

Unlike us, currently...right...
Panda Paws

« Reply #113 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:14:58 »

Unlike us, currently...right...

There's gash, and then there are fixtures against Brimscombe & Thrupp and Shrivenham. Every Week. Not for me Geoff.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:18:39 »

There's gash, and then there are fixtures against Brimscombe & Thrupp and Shrivenham. Every Week. Not for me Geoff.

True.

I think some might the change refreshing though.
I guess it also depends on whether you’d get stuck in those divisions for years or fly through them.

Having had a quick look I didn’t realise how many Italian teams have gone bankrupt, started again and flown to the leagues. Although they only start at C level.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #115 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:27:42 »

Having had a quick look I didn’t realise how many Italian teams have gone bankrupt, started again and flown to the leagues. Although they only start at C level.
I think the structure of the league in Italy makes that way easier, much like when Rangers started again in the 4th level of Scottish football, we would have to start at level 10 the same as Bury.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:33:44 »

If we didn't fly up the leagues straight away, we could just try again with another club!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:35:02 »

DV's STCF is it shit. i'm gonna support STFB
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:42:36 »

Its just easier to try and support Supermarine or Ciren Town.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:51:08 »

Its just easier to try and support Supermarine or Ciren Town.
I'd end up at Gloucester City, tidy new ground and they hate Cheltenham and the Vegans as well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: