Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Oculus quest 2 thread  (Read 53097 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:38:05 »

I reckon I'm going to have to get one when I get my new home office/man cave set up.

Exactly my plan Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 19:09:26 »

Mine has turned up - only done the tutorial so far, and obviously the whole family wanted a go as well.

Very impressed so far without playing a proper game.  Will have a bit of a play with it later.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 21:17:09 »

Get a few freebies first Berni, Elixir is a fun short one.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:09:14 »

Played against the world number one in population one last night. Our squad of 3 against 5 other squads, including the number one. The last two players were me and him. He won  Smiley I didn't even see him  Grin
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 19:05:30 »

I will get Population One, hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so. It's next on my list.

But.

Getting in shape is the main reason I got the kit, so I got fitXR today. Beat sabre is still fun but just isn't giving me the same workout it used to - it's made me that much fitter. I went for fitXR because it's more of a workout than a game.

An hour later and every muscle in my body feels as though it's on fire. I got through so much water as well - it was just coming straight back out of me.

And it's quite fun. Agonizing, excruciating fun.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 19:37:41 »

Haven't spent too much time on mine so far as in the middle of moving and work etc. but have tried all of the games a couple of times and it's impressive.  Will get more use once my manic schedule calms down somewhat

AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 11:56:07 »

I finally gave in and got myself a Quest 2 yesterday. I got it mostly to help with my fitness and had high expectations based on what I'd read on this thread and other reviews.
My high expectations have been blown out of the water - I've only got Beat Saber and Thrill of the Fight so far, but as well as being a hell of a workout this thing is also ludicrous amounts of fun.

If anyone else is thinking about getting one then do it, you won't regret it.

Anyone got any other recommendations for games that both work you out and are genuinely fun to play?
Flashheart

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:01:51 »

I play fitXR most days - it's more of a workout than a game but definitely does the trick and still quite fun. They've moved to a monthly subscription model recently, but you should get a free trial. Give it a week or two before trying it though because there's still a few things they need to fix after a recent update.

Beat Saber's no longer a workout for me - I hardly break a sweat, but it definitely helped to begin with. I use it as a warm-up now. It's still fun regardless.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:12:11 by Flashheart » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:07:08 »

Come on people, get population one. I want to team up  Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:10:33 »

Not forgotten about population one
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:32:59 »

Thanks Flasheart, I'll give fitXR a go in a few weeks, Thrill of the Fight is enough of a workout for now!

Need to get myself a silicone facial interface to replace the foam one, which gets a bit too sweat soaked for my liking.
Flashheart

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:41:10 »

Need to get myself a silicone facial interface to replace the foam one, which gets a bit too sweat soaked for my liking.

Yep. Definitely recommended - I got one myself. The foam gets absolutely minging otherwise.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 12:54:59 »

I wash the foam bit, got a silicone face bit but it pinched my nose. Might trim it (not my nose).
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 17:07:57 »

HIIT has been released on FitXR.

20 minutes after finishing and I've still not caught my breath again yet.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, July 30, 2021, 08:54:17 »

Just purchased Warplanes WW1, gets ratings of 4.9 out of 5. Also has multiplayer. Looks great.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: