Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What would you do...  (Read 5211 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 17:31:57 »

Just for fun, over the years of supporting the club, I've often asked myself the question 'If you had the money to buy the club and make changes, what would your business plan and priorities be?'

So fuck it, for a bit of fun.... What would your priorities be? What would you do to make a difference?
- Invest heavily into the squad and get us up the league?
- Invest in the stadium and/ or related businesses to build up sustainable revenue for the future?
- Get the training pitch finally sorted out?
- Bring in a fresh new management team pitch side and backroom to support the club?
- Incentives to increase attendances?
- Anything else you'd consider a priority?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 18:47:42 »

Get rid of Rockin Robin
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:14:09 »

Infrastructure.

Lay the foundations for the future and implement Crewe/Peterborough type model to develop players and sell them on.

Backroom and coaching staff would come from pro's coming to the end of their playing days and taking coaching badges. That would bring in 'good habits' from the upper echelons and act as a pathway for managers/coaches of the future.

Team to be made up of a spine of senior pro's with Academy rejects being developed along side them.

Go into partnership with a few key non-league teams who would be made up mainly of our players loaned to them.

Potentially restart a reserve team and ensure that there are matches at the County Ground when the 1st team is away. Build up a fan base for the Stiffs.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:23:27 »

Infrastructure.

Lay the foundations for the future and implement Crewe/Peterborough type model to develop players and sell them on.

Backroom and coaching staff would come from pro's coming to the end of their playing days and taking coaching badges. That would bring in 'good habits' from the upper echelons and act as a pathway for managers/coaches of the future.

Team to be made up of a spine of senior pro's with Academy rejects being developed along side them.

Go into partnership with a few key non-league teams who would be made up mainly of our players loaned to them.

Potentially restart a reserve team and ensure that there are matches at the County Ground when the 1st team is away. Build up a fan base for the Stiffs.

Love this.

It's all about laying the right foundations.  I think LP had the right idea, but he's been blown off course.  Whoever comes in next needs to focus on this.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:24:20 »

Employ someone who knows how the run a football club firstly. Mark Devlin would get a call.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:24:22 »

Get some decent food in the kiosks

Have statues of myself put up round the stadium

Ban anyone i dont like
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:26:06 »

Employ someone who knows how the run a football club firstly. Mark Devlin would get a call.

Appoint the late Andy King as director of football as he had an eye for talent

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:29:23 »

Put a bar in the town end
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:30:18 »

Put a bar in the town end

After you've demolished it and built a new stand

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:31:38 »

Rebuild the town end the same height as the side stands, make it a 5k terrace. Roof the bank and stick all away fans in there. Invest.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:34:01 »

Rebuild the town end the same height as the side stands, make it a 5k terrace. Roof the bank and stick all away fans in there. Invest.

Away fans would be too noisy in a covered bank remember giving the Townend up to away fans for a season late 80's and it was dealing when the Gas filled it

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 19:34:16 »

After you've demolished it and built a new stand
 Nah.  I'd redevelop the other 3 stands.  Keep the town end as is and get it listed building status (with bar though).
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 20:51:27 »

Build a wall around the county ground so it looked bigger

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 20:54:24 »

Nah.  I'd redevelop the other 3 stands.  Keep the town end as is and get it listed building status (with bar though).

It would look like a garden shed if we were ever on March of the day😁

So, give no fucks
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 21:34:35 »

New stands with all standing Town End (and an even stronger wind tunnel)
Much reduced admission for all except local rivals. Season ticket prices lower with free Town top
New free bar for the Town End and all other home areas. Bloody expensive bar for everyone else!  Cheesy Revenue going to local pubs to keep them open.
Share ownership with fans.... Well maybe some 
Buy every best player in the world to deny all others and then win everything with a team of local talent. Wake up to a world where Scousers and Mancs buy Town tops and glory hunt on Sky.
Buy SBC and charge them a fortune for shoddy accommodation
Raise a revolutionary army and seize control of the state.
HNY fellow red army sufferers.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: