Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Getting a second smart TV  (Read 2993 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 00:58:37 »

As per the title I'm thinking of getting a second smart tv to go in the bedroom. I am with BT and the box/router is in the lounge. Is the set up of the second TV going to be straightforward? The lounge telly is hardwired into the box, how do I set up the second telly? Going to mainly be for Netflix  and Prime etc. Ta.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 10:43:53 »

As per the title I'm thinking of getting a second smart tv to go in the bedroom. I am with BT and the box/router is in the lounge. Is the set up of the second TV going to be straightforward? The lounge telly is hardwired into the box, how do I set up the second telly? Going to mainly be for Netflix  and Prime etc. Ta.

I would imagine it will be straigt forward and all you will have to do is put in your wifi password just like you would if you didn't use an Ethernet cable

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:05:30 »

Surely you would need another box ? Perhaps I'm wrong,   in which case surely BT would supply and fit ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:08:25 »

Surely you would need another box ? Perhaps I'm wrong,   in which case surely BT would supply and fit ?.

You're right he would need another box as I originally thought he was talking about setting the TV up using wifi but he will definitely need another youview box if he wants to mirror the BT TV package

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 13:13:08 »

A firestick will do the job as you can stream most stuff nowadays including live TV via the apps. Currently selling the 4k one at £29.99 on Amazon.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:08:34 »

Just realised I can do everything through the xbox  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 29, 2020, 14:23:24 »

Just realised I can do everything through the xbox  Smiley

Sorted Clap

So, give no fucks