Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Twine  (Read 19424 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #135 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 10:22:07 »

This is simply not true.

Significant gym work will increase his bulk and strength massively. It would take a pretty long time mind and I don't really know if it's worth it for the type of player he is.
Trent at Liverpool is a prime example of this
Panda Paws

« Reply #136 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 10:32:20 »

The difference being of course, if the rumours are to be believed, that Curran's 3 year deal hasn't cost the club anything. Agree with your point in the main though

Its cost us our dignity.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 10:41:31 »

The difference being of course, if the rumours are to be believed, that Curran's 3 year deal hasn't cost the club anything. Agree with your point in the main though

Same thing with Agombar. That was just plain wrong if you ask me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 10:55:58 »

Its cost us our dignity.
I wasn't suggesting it was a good thing, just pointing out there's a difference. On the negative side, it also blocks a place in the squad that could be used for one of own young players that has been sent out on loan. Although, again for balance, they may benefit more from getting regular game time there than sitting on our bench for the sake of a few minutes here and there.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 11:20:51 »

Same thing with Agombar. That was just plain wrong if you ask me

Based on subsequent career I would possibly say Anton Rogers may have also been another.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 12:01:38 »

Well I'd say as he's getting minutes on the pitch in the league now it is costing us money as it's increasing our chances of getting relegated...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, January 18, 2021, 12:44:30 »

This is simply not true.

Significant gym work will increase his bulk and strength massively. It would take a pretty long time mind and I don't really know if it's worth it for the type of player he is.
Plus there's the potential to lose what makes him Scott Twine if he gets too big. Also probably not easy to do during the season, Matt Ritchie managed it over a summer and it basically set him on his way.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: