Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interesting report in the Advert today  (Read 3616 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 07:34:27 »

Advert today suggests Power is running out of money trying to keep the Club alive...

Perhaps the report is right and Lee has finally done his dash. If so what now happens ?.

In my opinion Lee Power has been playing a poker hand with "our" club for a very long time. It seems he has entered into dodgy deals with many people including Barry, Standing and the Australian.

Possibly, just possibly he now needs to come clean with everyone and try to get something positive out of this sad and challenging situation.

Lee, its now up to you my friend and do the right thing going forward.

Trust me, things are not going to get better until you either share the club with others with honest intention or simply go and even then possibly its gone to far.    Bad Mood     
Valid Pint

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 07:41:28 »

Isn't the familiar term "Adver"?

Maybe an im-poster.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 07:44:03 »

Maybe.... maybe not.

Just so sad thinking this could so easily end in tears and memories
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 07:54:01 »

The industry is very quiet over this. It's either a) They firmly believe a significant bailout will happen or b) They want an exodus of clubs to leave the EFL.

It's probably OTT but it really annoys me how the focus is driven towards the handball or offside rule when the existence of 10/20/30+ football clubs are on the line. Some of them being well operated before the loss of income.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:07:55 »

Isn't this public knowledge already?

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:11:57 »

Advert today suggests Power is running out of money trying to keep the Club alive...

Perhaps the report is right and Lee has finally done his dash. If so what now happens ?.
As with most reports in the Adver, there's nothing new here. He said as much himself in his interview with BBC Wilts last week which this is just a rehash of.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08xmbxl

And as Costanza rightly points out, as we go so do 50-60 other Football League clubs
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:14:39 »

Lets all hope there is a rainbow at the end of the tunnel

Stay well COYMRs
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:15:20 »

The industry is very quiet over this. It's either a) They firmly believe a significant bailout will happen or b) They want an exodus of clubs to leave the EFL.

It's probably OTT but it really annoys me how the focus is driven towards the handball or offside rule when the existence of 10/20/30+ football clubs are on the line. Some of them being well operated before the loss of income.

This might be of interest - the 3 musketeers being questioned at 9.30am. Let's see how much ducking and diving takes place!
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1326070384463065089?s=20
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 08:57:47 »

This might be of interest - the 3 musketeers being questioned at 9.30am. Let's see how much ducking and diving takes place!
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1326070384463065089?s=20

Jesus, if Dan Roan is reporting it football is doomed!
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:27:48 »

10 clubs struggling to make payroll this month
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:35:41 »

It will always be the Swindon Advert to me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:40:08 »

Does anyone know if I can get an advert at the ground tonight?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 09:40:50 »

It will always be the Swindon Advert to me.

In the older big format

So, give no fucks
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:40:07 »

I think the ownership of the club could change hands very soon after the ownership issues are concluded (which will be soon) and it's definitely a buyers market at the moment - arguably the club has little or no asset value so would likely be a case of a new owner agreeing to take on the debt and running costs.

We need a new owner who has a clear vision and strategic plan for the club (not just bland statements about 'getting into the championship') including proper engagement with the corporates, council and fans.  I'd also like to see real acknowledgment that pre-Covid average attendances have been in decline for years with around 2000 fans regularly choosing not to go to games, simply because they don't feel the affinity they once did.  Get the crowds back to 8000+ every week and the momentum will grow.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:49:43 »

I wonder what would happen to the yet to be built training ground and the peppercorn rent if / when Power sells up
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: