Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225705 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1980 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:55:19 »

The league table always finishes in budget order.

I agree, as do Accrington Stanley (who are they).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1981 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:59:11 »

We really don't need to go round in this circle again, but, Wellens specifically wanted Kovar, generally considered to be a substantial cause of the shit of last year, so possibly choice is as important as budget.

I think he wanted Baxter before him, no?
Panda Paws

« Reply #1982 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:59:58 »

Do you know that for sure or just assuming?

We know for sure that until the EFL hardship loans are repaid, we are heavily restricted in what we can pay for players, in terms of transfer fees, salaries and loans and rightly so.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1983 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:06:35 »

We know for sure that until the EFL hardship loans are repaid, we are heavily restricted in what we can pay for players, in terms of transfer fees, salaries and loans and rightly so.

This keeps getting mentioned and i don't doubt there are restrictions in place. However unless some one can give details we have no idea what the wage restrictions are, how they are set, and how they would compare to standard league 2 wages. Therefore we have no idea how much of a problem they are for recruitment.

Sure we can't pay fees, but how many players do we buy, and do we really expect to buy any this time?

Its a hinderance and we all would want it cleared, but i dont think we have much sight on how much of a hinderance it is.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1984 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:06:58 »

But you still don't know what that is ans it obviously hasn't put Mcgreal off

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1985 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:08:01 »

My (admittedly vague) recollection is that we wanted Baxter but the wage contribution was too much so we then looked at Kovar, at which stage Chelsea dropped their wage demands to something affordable but Wellens still went with Kovar (albeit it was not clear how much this was money and how much a favour to Man Utd).

Anyway water under the bridge and all that jazz.  
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1986 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:09:22 »

We really don't need to go round in this circle again, but, Wellens specifically wanted Kovar, generally considered to be a substantial cause of the shit of last year, so possibly choice is as important as budget.

I wasn't talking about Kovar Wellens was p*ssed off on the last day of the transfer window when he didn't get any of the players he wanted.

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1987 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:09:38 »

This keeps getting mentioned and i don't doubt there are restrictions in place. However unless some one can give details we have no idea what the wage restrictions are, how they are set, and how they would compare to standard league 2 wages. Therefore we have no idea how much of a problem they are for recruitment.

Also the fact that I cannot imagine for one second that we will be the only L2 club operating under such conditions, which will in turn lead to a correction in the market.

As noted previously I imagine it will be quite the buyers market this summer.
Flashheart

« Reply #1988 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:09:45 »

Chelsea wanted too much.
Wellens turned to Kovar instead.
Chelsea changed their mind and lowered the price.
Wellens stuck with Kovar - he could have signed Baxter but chose not to.
Baxter went to Accrington (?) where he got rave reviews from their fans.

We ended up with Kovar.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1989 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:45:03 »

Chelsea wanted too much.
Wellens turned to Kovar instead.
Chelsea changed their mind and lowered the price.
Wellens stuck with Kovar - he could have signed Baxter but chose not to.
Baxter went to Accrington (?) where he got rave reviews from their fans.

We ended up with Kovar.

I thought we'd already committed to Kovar when Chelsea changed their minds? Can't remember all that well!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1990 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:45:06 »

monitored grant aside, unless power wants back in and had found cash where do you think a good budget is coming from?

no STs on sale. fan boycotts. no guarantee the government will revert to 100% capacity in stadiums ..

Loans? From Able or A.N. Other?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1991 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:45:28 »

We don't know that Wellens stuck with Kovar, it might have been a bargain from a financial perspective and Power might have pushed Kovar once he was on scene.

I think people are assuming Wellens stuck with Kovar because it was Man Utd, but that could quite easily be 2+2=5.

Nobody really knows what went on.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1992 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:47:06 »

Excellent post many adding 2+2 and getting 5

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1993 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:49:09 »

Wellens wanted Baxter.
Power made him choose Kovar.
Wellens can do no wrong.
Flashheart

« Reply #1994 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:05:40 »

I thought we'd already committed to Kovar when Chelsea changed their minds? Can't remember all that well!

I don't think we had committed.

It was mentioned at the time and, from memory, the general consensus was well done to Wellens for telling Chelsea to fuck off. Granted, my memory is far from perfect, but somebody else with more time than me might be able to dig it out.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: