Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225680 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:24:16 »

Tisdale is a shoeing for this job while Power is hiring

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:27:30 »

But he's also 65 and sacked by Yeovil and Cheltenham in his last 2 league jobs so I don't see any attraction personally.

Even with those stats he's going to miss out on automatic promotion to Sutton United who it is utterly depressing that we will be playing league games against next season.

Yeah that's why I said the stats are not the be all and end all. Personally Johnson is probably a no for me as well but you could understand the appeal based on what he is doing at Torquay.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1667 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:31:08 »

Gary Johnson's the man for the job. 
Even if he was an option, which I hope he isn't, he is currently employed and Power will in no way on heaven and earth fork out for a fee to get a jobbing lower league manager where there are hundreds out there currently out of work.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:37:10 »

Even if he was an option, which I hope he isn't, he is currently employed and Power will in no way on heaven and earth fork out for a fee to get a jobbing lower league manager where there are hundreds out there currently out of work.

That may be right. He is my choice (I appreciate that, aside from those ITK, we have no influence on the ultimate decision).

There are loads of jobbing managers out there.  He has, at least, had some tangible success with footballing minnows.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:37:33 »

I do like the idea of Liam Rosenior though, his name has come up in a few places.  Ticks a lot of boxes of the type of man that has had success with us and has obviously done his time on the coaching pitch in the right manner.

Not going to happen with Power,  but if we are lucky enough to see the back of Power, I would like to put my full (considerable) weight behind him as the new owners candidate to start the revolution..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1670 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:02:07 »

I do like the idea of Liam Rosenior though, his name has come up in a few places.  Ticks a lot of boxes of the type of man that has had success with us and has obviously done his time on the coaching pitch in the right manner.

Not going to happen with Power,  but if we are lucky enough to see the back of Power, I would like to put my full (considerable) weight behind him as the new owners candidate to start the revolution..
Again, even if he is a realistic option, which he may be, certainly compared to several names mentioned in this thread, it would depend on any compensation as he is currently employed at Derby as assistant manager.

I would think his wage for one would be higher than we could offer in comparison currently.

Also does he want a managers job or is he happy to play 2nd fiddle to Wayne Rooney a bit longer?

I have a feeling that typical Power it will be an out of work manager who has some experience in the lower league/s like Keith Curle who Power is a known admirer of (shudders).

LR does tick many of the boxes that we as fans would want but probably not what LP as owner would want though.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:24:27 »

Keith Curle has only just taken over at Oldham. Apparently he can’t get enough of Hallam Hope so I’d say he’s nailed on to go there.

Noticed Dion Donohue has been binned by Barrow.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1672 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:25:30 »

Keith Curle has only just taken over at Oldham. Apparently he can’t get enough of Hallam Hope so I’d say he’s nailed on to go there.

Wonder if Wellens takes a gamble on him at Donny
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1673 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:26:23 »

I missed Curle taking over there, massive bullet dodged. TBH he can have Hope, hes lower than average L2 at best. Shame about Donohue as hes a decent left back despite his issues.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:26:42 »

Again, even if he is a realistic option, which he may be, certainly compared to several names mentioned in this thread, it would depend on any compensation as he is currently employed at Derby as assistant manager.

I would think his wage for one would be higher than we could offer in comparison currently.

Also does he want a managers job or is he happy to play 2nd fiddle to Wayne Rooney a bit longer?

I have a feeling that typical Power it will be an out of work manager who has some experience in the lower league/s like Keith Curle who Power is a known admirer of (shudders).

LR does tick many of the boxes that we as fans would want but probably not what LP as owner would want though.

That's why I said not for this appointment - he only becomes viable once we have new ownership, and that thing you might remember from years ago that we used to have - a plan

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1675 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:27:18 »

Does Power have a type though?

Cooper - Was inherited i guess, but was an assistant to Hart
William - Young highly thought of coach with no management experience, played the right way.
Flitcroft - Good lower league player, turned manager with 3+ years experience. More practical football.
Brown - Old hand, lots of experience at lots of clubs
Wellens - A bit of a shot in the dark after half a season with Oldham, but a young and progressive manager playing the right way.
Sheridan - A suicidal decision to doom the club, but an old head with vast (albeit terrible) experience.

About the only type he hasn't tried is the one Swindon has had most success with over the years, the top player turned manager (DiCanio, Wise, Hoddle etc).

I don't think its possible to predict the next move at all. What is predictable is that if you are a manager with your head screwed on you dont take this job at the moment. This club is an attractive proposition in league 2 with the right conditions, as per the Wellens appointment. Thats not the case at the moment.

You missed Martin Ling - not sure how I would classify him though. A good appointment for footballing reasons, shame how it turned out.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1676 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:28:26 »

That's why I said not for this appointment - he only becomes viable once we have new ownership, and that thing you might remember from years ago that we used to have - a plan

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1677 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:30:51 »

Noice Cheesy

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:33:06 »

You missed Martin Ling - not sure how I would classify him though. A good appointment for footballing reasons, shame how it turned out.

He was another archetype really. An attempt at appointing someone with a club connection, had some managerial experience and played the right sort of football. Had he never been an STFC player i dont see he would have got appointed.

Largely he wants managers who are going to play the right way i guess. That may be the only real theme. There was some logic to that when it helped getting better loan players, or developing players and selling them on. Given current conditions though it feels somewhat of a luxury.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:35:06 »

Tisdale is on a final shortlist of 3 for the Orient job. Others are Jackett and Calderwood.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: