Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225682 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:07:31 »

Emma Hayes is on the bookies list

I'd take her just for the honestly of her pressers, if you thought Wellens was blunt!

Liam Rosenior. Fairly recently retired and has some coaching at both Brighton and Derby.

Setting aside the fact that Leroy Rosenior's lad is now moving into coaching makes me feel incredibly old, it i always handy to have a manager with links to PL sides for potential loans I s'pose.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:12:04 »

I'd take her just for the honestly of her pressers, if you thought Wellens was blunt!

Setting aside the fact that Leroy Rosenior's lad is now moving into coaching makes me feel incredibly old, it i always handy to have a manager with links to PL sides for potential loans I s'pose.

True that! Given the carry on at Derby, he would also be prepared for the shenanigans here!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:12:44 »

I thought we were talking about leroy.

it makes more sense now I've triggered it's Liam
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:22:15 »

Emma Hayes is on the bookies list

I still don’t see how she would have any relevant experience to get the job. Surely any potential candidate needs experience of some sorts in men’s football, I don’t care what anyone says men’s and women’s football are almost completely different sports. Surely before getting a management gig a few years in a coaching or assistant position at a men’s team is required.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:35:18 »

Will never happen, she will only be on the list because one person wanted a couple of quid on her
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1655 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:45:21 »

This chat is already full of unrealistic names so I'll chuck another couple in after looking at the BetVictor list.

Liam Rosenior. Fairly recently retired and has some coaching at both Brighton and Derby.

Derek McInnes. Can't beat a gruff, dour Scot in charge. (ignoring Mr Malpas) Did well at Aberdeen and we are probably much too small a job for him in fairness bearing in mind Aberdeen were in Europe most seasons (I think)
The shitty fans absolutely hated Derek McInnes, I am he could do a job if he chose to leave his "native" land again after getting his fingers burnt at Bristol, quite badly.

I think we also had our fingers burnt when appointing Malpas which would instantly put a lot of fans off another appointment of his type, certainly the ones that remember MM.

There are a lot of lower league highly rated up and coming managers as there are a few north of the border and coaching abroad too but they don't seem to fit in Powers agenda or style of previous appointment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:52:49 »

There are a lot of lower league highly rated up and coming managers as there are a few north of the border and coaching abroad too but they don't seem to fit in Powers agenda or style of previous appointment.

Does Power have a type though?

Cooper - Was inherited i guess, but was an assistant to Hart
William - Young highly thought of coach with no management experience, played the right way.
Flitcroft - Good lower league player, turned manager with 3+ years experience. More practical football.
Brown - Old hand, lots of experience at lots of clubs
Wellens - A bit of a shot in the dark after half a season with Oldham, but a young and progressive manager playing the right way.
Sheridan - A suicidal decision to doom the club, but an old head with vast (albeit terrible) experience.

About the only type he hasn't tried is the one Swindon has had most success with over the years, the top player turned manager (DiCanio, Wise, Hoddle etc).

I don't think its possible to predict the next move at all. What is predictable is that if you are a manager with your head screwed on you dont take this job at the moment. This club is an attractive proposition in league 2 with the right conditions, as per the Wellens appointment. Thats not the case at the moment.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:54:01 »

It will be a jobbing L2 manager....or Sol Campbell

Surprised Sheridan is not on the list to return

It may depends if Paul Jewell has an input (no idea what he does at the club other than when Ritchie was here)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1658 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:02:30 »

Whoever it is will have the unenviable task of trying to keep us in the efl. That looks a tall order at present.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:36:45 »

Gary Johnson's the man for the job. 

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #1660 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:37:45 »

Gary Johnson's the man for the job. 

Gary Johnson's the man with a job. 
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1661 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:38:31 »

Gary Johnson's the man with a job. 

And doing very well. 

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1662 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:50:12 »

I know its not the be all and end all but Johnson's statistics at Torquay are very impressive.

Winning 70 and drawing 20 out of 125 games managed for them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1663 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:02:33 »

He's been outstanding for them but we haven't employed a manager in a job for generations. I'm not counting Sheridan.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1664 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:16:29 »

I know its not the be all and end all but Johnson's statistics at Torquay are very impressive.

Winning 70 and drawing 20 out of 125 games managed for them.
But he's also 65 and sacked by Yeovil and Cheltenham in his last 2 league jobs so I don't see any attraction personally.

Even with those stats he's going to miss out on automatic promotion to Sutton United who it is utterly depressing that we will be playing league games against next season.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: