Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225865 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1605 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 18:02:11 »

God the names mentioned in this thread make me sad, Cooper who is the dullest blameless manager ever, Tisdale who has had no success really anywhere other than 2 decent seasons at Exeter where he won the Conference and made the play offs and has just 2 promotions to his name from 14 seasons of lower league management and for fucks sake not Gary fucking Johnson the squeaky voiced dwarf with just 2 lower league promotions in 26 years as a manager.

I know we are beggars not choosers but they are bottom of the fucking barrel, give me Robbie Fowler in comparison any day or even Sol Campbell.

If its a jobbing manager again, which I truly hope it isn't, I would rather have Jackett & Phil Parkinson who are both attracted to Orient so would be in a L2 budget.

As JQ would say, good post.  My opinion remains unaltered.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1606 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 18:21:02 »

I doubt Jackett wouldn't want lewgue 2 and although Parkinson maybe a good choice his style of football isn't very atttactive but I could handle that if he got us promoted

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1607 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 18:35:12 »

I still want Dave Challinor and think he might be a good option. I'll keep on saying so until we see otherwise Smiley

I had heard (I'm not ITK so don't start) that RW was one of Clems main managerial targets. Like player recruitment targets, you don't always get the first person on your list.

I'd be interested to see who else is on his list though.

I know the bar has somewhat been dragging along the floor for several months but I think we could all do with some positivity and leverage. The right appointment in the managerial stakes could go some way to raising the lead ingot and start to give us a little optimism.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1608 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 18:47:03 »

Uncle Sam won't be happy as you were bigging him up or months😀

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1609 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 18:56:49 »

God the names mentioned in this thread make me sad, Cooper who is the dullest blameless manager ever, Tisdale who has had no success really anywhere other than 2 decent seasons at Exeter where he won the Conference and made the play offs and has just 2 promotions to his name from 14 seasons of lower league management and for fucks sake not Gary fucking Johnson the squeaky voiced dwarf with just 2 lower league promotions in 26 years as a manager.

I know we are beggars not choosers but they are bottom of the fucking barrel, give me Robbie Fowler in comparison any day or even Sol Campbell.

If its a jobbing manager again, which I truly hope it isn't, I would rather have Jackett & Phil Parkinson who are both attracted to Orient so would be in a L2 budget.

did ryan mason make you sad? former pro starting out- experience at the highest level.
i see names floating around and they are often either unrealistic or depressinging realistic with someone who has been round the block 50 times. for me i would like to revert back to a young manager starting out with a connection with the fans to get on board straight away

although gaffa at spurs it would be interesting to see what level would be a good start for him. I couldn't see a championship side taking him on at this stage.
he has good links with spurs and that worked out ok the last time!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1610 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:05:17 »

Maybe bring Matty Taylor with him as he was a fans favourite

So, give no fucks
kaufman

« Reply #1611 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:12:01 »

I’ve no idea what Cooper would bring to the club seeing as williams was really behind the way we played.

Power quite happily hung onto Sheridan knowing relegation was staring him in the face. That’s a big worry but maybe as stated today he’s found more funds.

I’ll genuinely be shocked if it’s even a Cooper or Tisdale type appointment.
I fear it’s going to get a lot lot worse before we see some light.

The only positive I can take from all of this is if Power IS willing to fund us with help of the EFL loan and Morfini’s 250k that he’ll at least give the club a decent chance to compete in L2 and consolidate until the decision is made who will run the club long term.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:18:36 by kaufman » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #1612 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:14:37 »

Maybe bring Matty Taylor with him as he was a fans favourite

I don't think being a fans favourite should be the basis to bring anybody in as a manager.

Although he might have other attributes that would make him a good shout.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1613 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:14:57 »

Tisdale would be a better fit for FGR - he could cycle to work at Stanley Park (assuming they still train there).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1614 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:24:27 »

I don't think being a fans favourite should be the basis to bring anybody in as a manager.

Although he might have other attributes that would make him a good shout.

I didn't say as manager I meant backroom staff

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1615 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:30:32 »

We’ll end up with someone like Keith Hill.

The football will be shit, the season will be shit, and everything will be shit until that tosser sells up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1616 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:35:46 »

FWIW

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1617 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:37:30 »

Aside from Fowler it's a pretty uninspiring list. Shame someone like Jackett isn't there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1618 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:40:53 »

Kewell played some good stuff st Crawley then his career nose dived

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1619 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:43:20 »

Uncle Sam won't be happy as you were bigging him up or months😀

I'd still take Rector Ricketts over Sinner Shezza any day. SR could work well as an assistant though, if Tommy Wright can carve a career as an assistant then I'm certain Ricketts could.

Still, Challinor for me. I don't really see why anyone would be averse to him if it's a youngish manager who has steadily carved his way up the N-L. Unless they are against that type then fair enough. It's probably only fair he gets a crack at a L2 (he might well do this by design if he gets Hartlepool promoted) soon. Hartlepool have being playing some decent stuff - wouldn't look out of place in L2 or dare I say L1.

I imagine come the seasons end proper, DC will have some options.
Potentially being touted by Trannies already too but that might be favour from people at Tranmere, starting to get his name bandied about. Much like Sluggy Evans being touted as manager here. Favour for favour and all that!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: