Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225678 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:24:57 »

Why? There’s nothing there that says anything different to the other comments on the subject.
Flashheart

« Reply #1501 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:32:45 »

Doesn't the injunction also prevent him putting the club into admin, or did I imagine that?

No, you didn't imagine it.

His stated aim is to sell the club and has been for months. He also claims he cannot afford to keep the club running and has said he'd need to put the club into admin IF he can't sell the club.

Admin is only mentioned because Power claims he can't keep the club running himself and would have no choice if he's not allowed to sell. This is why Clem/Standing were told by the court to pay running costs - they are stopping the sale (and admin) going through with their injunction.

Admin is not the intention as far as I can tell. The intention is to sell to able.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:33:44 »

Looking at the new manager musings yesterday, it occurred to me that Robbie Fowler might be talked about, purely because he has been in Australia a bit. I dismissed this very quickly...

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #1503 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:34:42 »

Looking at the new manager musings yesterday, it occurred to me that Robbie Fowler might be talked about, purely because he has been in Australia a bit. I dismissed this very quickly...

It's also been 'confirmed' by BBC Wilts. They are usually spot on.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1504 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:36:06 »

It's also been 'confirmed' by BBC Wilts. They are usually spot on.
Indeed, not easily dismissed this one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:36:12 »

Agreed, BBC Wilts are normally correct in what they report

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:37:54 »

I was too embarrassed to suggest it yesterday.  I could have been the king of those who claim to be ITK.

Nothing to see here
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:38:17 »

Robbie Fowler was really poor at Brisbane Roar
There would be some excellent Australian coaches that could and would be far better.
But why look past Wellens if its correct that Power wanted the comp money and got him out !!!
No brainer get him back with Clem
Stay well and COYMRs  
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1508 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:42:58 »

Robbie Fowler was really poor at Brisbane Roar
There would be some excellent Australian coaches that could and would be far better.
But why look past Wellens if its correct that Power wanted the comp money and got him out !!!
No brainer get him back with Clem
Stay well and COYMRs 
I agree I wouldn't choose Fowler but not really sure he could be classed as poor there, he had a 45% win ratio and a loss ratio of 33%, a higher ratio that Wellens had at Swindon who has a win ratio of 42% and a loss ratio of 37%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1509 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:44:16 »

If you were Robbie Fowler who is currently trying to get himself a club to manage in England to get himself onto the UK Management ladder, and is currently stuck in India - why wouldn't you jump at the chance of join the Swindon Town basket case?

The adver piece states that he wants to prove himself in the English game as a stepping stone

"It is thought he now wants to follow in the footsteps of former teammate Steven Gerrard and earn his stripes as a coach further down the pyramid before stepping into a high-profile job in the future."

He gets himself a club with a pretty much blank slate (albeit limited finances)
Takeover happens and he is in the frame for the job or gets paid off
Takeover doesn't happen and as Sheridan proved, the liklehood of him getting sacked quickly is unlikely
He gets out of the United States of Covid
Moves closer to home

Sounds like a win-win given his current scenario - getting one of the 92 jobs available is a bigger pull than some would think, especially if you don't need the money.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:45:31 »

I agree I wouldn't choose Fowler but not really sure he could be classed as poor there, he had a 45% win ratio and a loss ratio of 33%, a higher ratio that Wellens had at Swindon who has a win ratio of 42% and a loss ratio of 37%.

I questioned this as well as David Squires also mentioned that he was really poor at Brisbane Roar, but I thought statistically he was doing pretty well?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:45:46 »

Perhaps you need to read this....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fowler-wins-fifa-unfair-dismissal-case-but-roar-still-claim-vindication-20201129-p56iwa.html#:~:text=Robbie%20Fowler%20has%20scored%20a,by%20the%20A%2DLeague%20club.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:47:37 »

If he takes the job and does well at a struggling div 4 team on a downwards trajectory, he will have proved his credentials.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #1513 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:48:29 »

How does that support the claim he was 'really poor'?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1514 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:50:24 »

Suggest it could be the last kiss of death Power could be leaving the football club.

Fuc# off Power and move over
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: