Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225808 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:59:20 »

No idea. I can only form an opinion on what happened.

The only thing that changed between last season and this was the Standing situation became known. That’s what fucked everything for everyone.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:08:33 »

Where did you hear that😳

Only from a work colleague who seems to have better connections than me. I’m not saying it’s gospel, it could easily fall within the 80% bollocks and all that, however this is the 2nd or 3rd game Wellens has watched us since leaving Salford so maybe some fire to go with the smoke. Like most fans I was pissed off when he left especially after the loyalty speech etc, but it also appears that Power had a bigger say in that than Wellens did, as soon as Salford waved their compo cheque book Power was happy to push Wellens out the door so to speak. Given the choice of having him back or another unproven manager I’ll take Wellens every day. Fans are fickle and will soon forget if we start heading a promotion campaign. Anyway, until the ownership is sorted it’s all hearsay. Worst case scenario is Power still in charge at start of season with a shambles of a squad and management team of whatever back room staff are left at the club.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:12:16 »

It's hindsight I know, but letting Twine go was a massive error. Could have kept us up

True, however did he let him go before the skeletons started falling out the wardrobe?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:13:36 »

Only from a work colleague who seems to have better connections than me. I’m not saying it’s gospel, it could easily fall within the 80% bollocks and all that, however this is the 2nd or 3rd game Wellens has watched us since leaving Salford so maybe some fire to go with the smoke. Like most fans I was pissed off when he left especially after the loyalty speech etc, but it also appears that Power had a bigger say in that than Wellens did, as soon as Salford waved their compo cheque book Power was happy to push Wellens out the door so to speak. Given the choice of having him back or another unproven manager I’ll take Wellens every day. Fans are fickle and will soon forget if we start heading a promotion campaign. Anyway, until the ownership is sorted it’s all hearsay. Worst case scenario is Power still in charge at start of season with a shambles of a squad and management team of whatever back room staff are left at the club.

Cheers Grim, football speculation is what keeps us fans interested!

So, give no fucks
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:19:40 »

No idea. I can only form an opinion on what happened.

The only thing that changed between last season and this was the Standing situation became known. That’s what fucked everything for everyone.

Given the dross that we have contracted for next season, recruitment is going to be the biggest task for any new manager. I find it impossible to form an opinion on the recruitment during his period as manager as we have no clue who was responsible for what and who. Doyle we can assume he had a major hand in, but no idea on most of the rest - his calls or Jewell's? Who decided on Palmer and Hope for instance, he'd didn't seem over keen on either. This season has clearly been an absolute farce, and as others have mentioned it probably wouldn't have taken much to keep us up - maybe Camp from the off and 1 reliable lower league centre half might have been enough.

I'm neutral on any Wellens return but fans expectation of blind loyalty to an employer is nuts. I doubt that many people on this board would have turned the Salford job down in Wellens position. No, no I don't want the more stable better paid job near my home, I'd much rather stick with the club in the middle of a dozen court cases teetering on the brink of administration where I can't sign anyone and there's not a pot to piss in.

wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:20:33 »

If any new owner(s) want all supporters to get behind them, they would be well advised to avoid appointing Wellens.

So who do you think would have the backing of all fans? Mourinho?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:21:34 »

He is off to Roma I understand.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:23:32 »

No. An overrated overpaid PL journeyman.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:24:01 »

Quote from: Flashheart
I think rather a lot of people will feel uncomfortable getting behind somebody who they feel is a bottler. He'd have a lot of work to do to win some over. I won't be able to believe a word that comes out of his trap. Imagine if he starts coming out with the loyalty shite again?

for new he'd have to lay bare his reasons for leaving if there are circumstances we aren't aware of.

As far as I'm concerned he left for a better offer, simple as that.

Not saying I blame him, but the preaching of 'loyalty' before jumping really annoyed me.

Its only rumour anyway.

Of course if he came in and did a job getting us up, all would be forgiven very quickly

I think the club's in such a mess it's going to take a while to put things right and challenge
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:27:00 »

He is off to Roma I understand.

My point is that nobody will have the backing of all fans. At least Wellens would have the backing of a solid proportion of supporters.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:30:51 »

My point is that nobody will have the backing of all fans. At least Wellens would have the backing of a solid proportion of supporters.

PdC? Some recently retired ex PL player?

I suppose it's a bit like taking your spouse back after a dalliance with a much better looking and wealthier individual.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:31:58 »

If, if, if all the stars align and he comes back, if. Then he’s got some explaining to do hasn’t he?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:38:00 »

Scott Parker , you heard it here first (in the know)
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 17:46:58 »

Try and get someone like Phil Jagielka with the (hopefully) substantial investment from either our antipodean or North American friends.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 18:01:22 »

PdC? Some recently retired ex PL player?

Sol Campbell or Gareth Barry for example?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: