Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225934 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 17:13:30 »

Should always move forwards, never back. 

Nothing to see here
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 17:16:04 »

David Moyes at West Ham proves otherwise...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 17:40:44 »

There was a point, November perhaps, where I held Sheridan, Power and Wellens jointly responsible for our incipient disastrous return to L1.

Shezza is still the past it, old man who seems to be having a breakdown.  I wish him no ill will.

All organisations can have staff whose continued presence is counterproductive and there was only one solution here.  I started to guess that Power would do nothing however and my guess was sadly confirmed by events.  Power, as we now know for certain, has shown contempt towards STFC and, it would seem everyone around him bar Shezza & Co.

I now understand Wellens.  His actions are now doubly understandable.  But he has burnt his bridges here and there can be no expectation that if he returned he could be relied upon.  Even with a new Chairman, imo.   He is the second unsuccessful STFC manager in less than 3 seasons to have left us who has gone on to be even less succesful where he thought the grass was greener.

No turning back for me.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 17:44:29 by RedRag » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 08:52:32 »

I think it depends who owns the club, if it is Clem I can see a young up and coming coach as you would hope will sell the vision of the club moving forward and his ambitions for the club in the future, and wanting to move together club, fans, players as one.

If it is Able then probably a journeyman manager as you assume  they don't know a lot about English football and will be looking for a quick fix and will probably keep Power as a 'football consultant' or put someone else in that role so will look at more experienced heads.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 08:56:49 »

If it's Clem then he may go full Australian and appoint Harry Kewell.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 09:09:02 »

Again, if it’s Clem I can see a ‘Luke Williams’ type, maybe already in an Academy - that is if he does what he said he wanted to do, bringing in young talent from Oz.

Never know, could be one for Lee Peacock!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1236 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 09:09:39 »

If it's Clem then he may go full Australian and appoint Harry Kewell.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
This has long been my concern, but according to those close to Clem this is not in his plans (currently).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 09:27:11 »

This has long been my concern, but according to those close to Clem this is not in his plans (currently).
Elaborating on that point PV, do you know what any of his plans are in that area? Or just that he won't necessarily be going down the Aus route early on.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1238 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 09:36:35 »

Elaborating on that point PV, do you know what any of his plans are in that area? Or just that he won't necessarily be going down the Aus route early on.
I personally don't know, I have friends of his friends, I don't personally have contact with Clem, many on here do though and may be better suited to answer that question.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 10:06:07 »

David Moyes at West Ham proves otherwise...

And Lou Macari

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 10:11:48 »

Wellens made the right decision for him and his family, during a Pandemic, with more knowledge and visibilty than us of the further shit storm that was about to hit the club.  There isn't one person on here that wouldn't put their family over their job/club irrelevant of what he said or how what he said was perceived.

Anyway, bigger fish to fry at the moment - let's make sure we have a club to support and then worry about who will be at the healm then.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 10:18:18 »

Would have Wellens back under new ownership at a heartbeat.
Unfortunately don’t think it will happen.
heard he is going to Donny
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1242 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 10:21:49 »

And Lou Macari
Not sure a break of 5 days counts as a return Smiley

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1243 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 10:30:22 »

heard he is going to Donny
On paper sounds like a perfect job for Wellens, not too far from his home compared ro jobs in the South, an ex player, fairly well respected by their fans.

Their chairman has said they have interviewed a few managers with some recent success.

Logic suggests this to have a fairly high possibility.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 10:32:57 »

Not sure a break of 5 days counts as a return Smiley

It's moving back though in response to your point  Wink Never say never

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: