Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225668 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #1110 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:58:05 »

Hunt keeps us up The players are good enough
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:59:28 »

I can't see any change being made until the ownership is settled. Then, I can see Sheridan out of the door whatever the outcome;

- If Power wins, he'll need to get in a manager capable of retaining our league 1 status, to be more 'sellable', or
- a new owner wouldn't want to keep a useless caretaker, as would want to build for the future, and get the fans back onside.

I was giving Sheridan the benefit of the doubt, until this latest Curran fiasco, and his subsequent 'defence' of it in the press conference !

Contentious I know, but I'd love to see Ian Holloway in charge of the Town, and have felt the same way for the last few manager merry-go-rounds. It would never happen if Power remains, as can you just imagine those two ego's going head to head !!  Suicide

Although he sounds like a bumpkin, I think he's quite astute, and would get the best out of the players we've got here. Win or lose, his after match comments would be something to look forward to ! 
I honestly don’t think it’s about Power ‘winning’. He wants out - that seems obvious to me. Any court case - which is only a civil matter - is to sort out who gets or is entitled to what before any new owner steps in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1112 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 14:08:53 »

If I were Power I would be pleading with Paul Jewell to take the reigns until the end of the season as a favour to him, with the incentive of a brown envelope if he keeps them up.
I would agree with this but Power has said in a couple of interviews that Jewell is just not interested in managing again, but I feel that could change if the players apparently refuse to give their all for Sheridan as seems could well be the case.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 14:40:12 »

if the players apparently refuse to give their all for Sheridan

I don't think they'd do that, even if they hate him.  More that you can't perform your best under poor conditions. Which might be what you meant anyway?

I can see dissent and arguments behind the scenes though. If that leads to a transfer request or two then maybe that'll force the hand.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:02:44 »

I honestly don’t think it’s about Power ‘winning’. He wants out - that seems obvious to me. Any court case - which is only a civil matter - is to sort out who gets or is entitled to what before any new owner steps in.

Thing is, if there is a new owner waiting to 'step in' its potentially in their interest to let the whole shaboodle go to shit and us get relegated as the club will be worth even less then.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:05:37 »

Unless any new owner is already financially ‘active’ within the club and want to protect their ‘investment’. Hence why Power was stopped from putting the club into admin - Clem, Standing, Barry would all lose whatever they’ve put in.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:06:54 »

Unless any new owner is already financially ‘active’ within the club and want to protect their ‘investment’. Hence why Power was stopped from putting the club into admin - Clem, Standing, Barry would all lose whatever they’ve put in.

I think its an injunction rather than anything else which is stopping Power putting the business into admin, he needs the OK of Barry/Standing and Clem to do such a thing.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:12:37 »

I think its an injunction rather than anything else which is stopping Power putting the business into admin, he needs the OK of Barry/Standing and Clem to do such a thing.

Any injunction in the Axis claim will have been discharged.

Nothing to see here

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:12:52 »

Yeah. That’s why they put a stop to it - to protect what they’ve already put in (and, no doubt, what they hope to get out!)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:20:00 »

I would agree with this but Power has said in a couple of interviews that Jewell is just not interested in managing again, but I feel that could change if the players apparently refuse to give their all for Sheridan as seems could well be the case.

Jewell isn’t in the right place health wise to take on board the job.
Would be an upgrade though on JS.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1120 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:24:41 »

Jewell isn’t in the right place health wise to take on board the job.
Would be an upgrade though on JS.
Absolutely I think we can forget about that as an option if indeed Shez does depart.

Whoever comes in will have to be aware that he is only in temporarily too as when the takeover/ownership battle reaches its finale then I fully expect whoever it is to appoint his own man as manager, be it in the next few weeks/months/end of the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:40:28 »

Contentious I know, but I'd love to see Ian Holloway in charge of the Town, and have felt the same way for the last few manager merry-go-rounds. It would never happen if Power remains, as can you just imagine those two ego's going head to head !!  Suicide

Although he sounds like a bumpkin, I think he's quite astute, and would get the best out of the players we've got here. Win or lose, his after match comments would be something to look forward to ! 
His most recent job was Grimsby where he
made a pledge of a six-figure investment in the club that never materialised;
promised he would stick with the club "for the fans" and then walked out a week or so later;
and left them one place above the drop zone into non-League.

Not sure a few funnies in post-match is worth it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1122 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:51:32 »

His most recent job was Grimsby where he
made a pledge of a six-figure investment in the club that never materialised;
promised he would stick with the club "for the fans" and then walked out a week or so later;
and left them one place above the drop zone into non-League.

Not sure a few funnies in post-match is worth it.

Bang on. Nice funny guy in the media which covers up all manner of sins, but absolutely nothing in management in the last 5 years to make me think this would be a good idea.

Also I don't like dinosaurs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 15:55:19 »

Bang on. Nice funny guy in the media which covers up all manner of sins, but absolutely nothing in management in the last 5 years to make me think this would be a good idea.

Also I don't like dinosaurs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 16:05:33 »

He got lucky with Blackpool and thats about it
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: