Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225746 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 21:15:21 »

Yeah definitely Brentford.
We wore that disgusting black and mustard kit.
Howard and SSP I seem to remember

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: Saturday, January 2, 2021, 10:16:44 »

Yeah definitely Brentford.
We wore that disgusting black and mustard kit.

Blimey, I can't even remember being on the coach, let alone who else was on there!!  Cheesy

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: Saturday, January 2, 2021, 13:09:17 »

Howard and SSP I seem to remember

Yeah, think we’re in white shorts too because Brentford play in black shorts.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 12:38:05 »

So assuming Shez gets the big elbow - who will we appoint next ?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1099 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 12:52:48 »

Where is Sheridan being sacked coming from? He has been allowed to sign 3 defenders and a GK. Doesn't that suggest he has the gig for a while yet?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1100 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 12:56:38 »

Absolute no way he is making those signings
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 12:58:31 »

Where is Sheridan being sacked coming from? He has been allowed to sign 3 defenders and a GK. Doesn't that suggest he has the gig for a while yet?
Think the world 'assuming' needs to be understood.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1102 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:01:59 »

I understand what assuming means. This has been posted a few times now. I just wondered where it was coming from. Fair enough if it's just speculation

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:07:32 »

I understand what assuming means. This has been posted a few times now. I just wondered where it was coming from. Fair enough if it's just speculation

Rumours that may or may not come from within the club (according to Twitter) that

-Power not happy with his commitment/results
-players can't stand him
- Hunt being at the game Saturday, some say scouting, some speculating a return to the job.

2+2 often = 5, but I think the fans are desperate for it to be 4!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:09:48 »

Dereliction of duty if he isn’t binned.

Problem with a replacement in January is that most decent applicants have been employed already. Who wants a very real possibility of a relegation on their CV?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1105 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:16:38 »

Rumours that may or may not come from within the club (according to Twitter) that

-Power not happy with his commitment/results
-players can't stand him
- Hunt being at the game Saturday, some say scouting, some speculating a return to the job.

2+2 often = 5, but I think the fans are desperate for it to be 4!
Thank you for the may or may not be true context
digby

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:23:20 »

I can't see any change being made until the ownership is settled. Then, I can see Sheridan out of the door whatever the outcome;

- If Power wins, he'll need to get in a manager capable of retaining our league 1 status, to be more 'sellable', or
- a new owner wouldn't want to keep a useless caretaker, as would want to build for the future, and get the fans back onside.

I was giving Sheridan the benefit of the doubt, until this latest Curran fiasco, and his subsequent 'defence' of it in the press conference !

Contentious I know, but I'd love to see Ian Holloway in charge of the Town, and have felt the same way for the last few manager merry-go-rounds. It would never happen if Power remains, as can you just imagine those two ego's going head to head !!  Suicide

Although he sounds like a bumpkin, I think he's quite astute, and would get the best out of the players we've got here. Win or lose, his after match comments would be something to look forward to ! 
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:25:26 »

When actually is the court case and which one is it? I keep seeing it referenced, but I thought both had been settled, or was that just Clems?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:38:51 »

If I were Power I would be pleading with Paul Jewell to take the reigns until the end of the season as a favour to him, with the incentive of a brown envelope if he keeps them up.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:48:22 »

If I were Power I would be pleading with Paul Jewell to take the reigns until the end of the season as a favour to him, with the incentive of a brown envelope if he keeps them up.

THIS. The answer really is on our doorstep.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: