Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225654 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 20:53:16 »

I know it’s not the thing to say and not very sympathetic but after everything he’s been through in the last couple of weeks I hope Sheridan just says fuck it and walks. He’s clearly not the right fit regardless of circumstances.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:12:09 »

I know it’s not the thing to say and not very sympathetic but after everything he’s been through in the last couple of weeks I hope Sheridan just says fuck it and walks. He’s clearly not the right fit regardless of circumstances.

I totally agree. A lot didn't agree with me when I mentioned he wasn't right for us from the off. Yes I made some statements but I said it all with the meaning that he shouldn't be managing a football club right now. Too much responsibility and he has far too much going on off field. If he didn't before - he definitely does now.

I hope Andrew Hawes actually presses Tommy Wright quite hard.

I agree Theakston. It would be better if he (and Wright walk). Wright currently ripping into the squad now post-match. I was waiting for Sheridan to get "angry" at the players but I genuinely don't think he has the heart.

I'm waiting for Wright/Sheridan to say something they regret. Dressing room has been lost for a while. It will be even more now. The reason they aren't doing things right is because they don't want to fucking play under you.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #1037 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 21:52:48 »

Without passing comment on any element of his personal life, they've got to go now. No obvious benefit to Sheridan being at our club.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 22:51:20 »

I really don't know what is the best thing to do.

I think Wellens knew exactly what the situation was. The fact that we had a much worse side than last year in a tougher division was always going to be tough.

Sheridan and Wright seem to have changed things around to have the team defending more as a unit. But, the players they have available aren't best suited to that style of play. We are more of a Kevin Keegan's Newcastle from a few years ago. But, crucially, don't have the goal scorers. Tonight against MK, the team didn't do that. They played like individuals. They gave away a stupid goal after 3 mins and gave up.

The Sheridan appointment, seemed to be very much like the Paul Hart appointment - Something short term while the club was in turmoil. I'm surprised that Hunt wasn't given it for longer, although maybe Wright, who seems more influential that we may have thought, may have walked if Hunt had stayed - Who knows!

If there is going to be a take over and new management team, lets hope it happens soon, so that we have a transfer window and 1/2 a season to pull things round. If not, lets just hope we have a club left to follow next year - Who is the manager at that point is irrelevant.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 18:59:27 »

I do think someone like Holloway would work right now. I know he's as mad as a box of frogs but he does care and isn't an absolutely terrible manager.

He seems to have always wanted the job at Town, yet never got it. I await to see him as a pundit on Quest, get asked by Murray "so, what's next for you Ollie?" and two days later, Sheridan has walked and IH arrives at the County Ground handing out tins of fruit cocktail from his car window.

Geddon!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 19:07:14 »

I do think someone like Holloway would work right now. I know he's as mad as a box of frogs but he does care and isn't an absolutely terrible manager.

He seems to have always wanted the job at Town, yet never got it. I await to see him as a pundit on Quest, get asked by Murray "so, what's next for you Ollie?" and two days later, Sheridan has walked and IH arrives at the County Ground handing out tins of fruit cocktail from his car window.

Geddon!

He used to live in Wiltshire somewhere around Melksham I think and would be ideal if he still lives local

So, give no fucks
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 20:55:41 »

He often shops in Bath, so he can’t be too far away.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 20:56:48 »

He often shops in Bath, so he can’t be too far away.

Cheers Bathred and he could be a good choice if Sheriden decides to call it a day

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #1043 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 21:02:45 »

Ollie has not been relevant or successful for how long? A decade?

Don't want a dinosaur, Sheridan included.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 21:05:41 »

I posted similar last week but we're not a prosperous club at the moment so the options may not be that great

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 22:14:03 »

His record at Grimsby this season doesn't inspire - they are currently 22nd in League 2, 3 points above the drop zone and rock bottom of the form table over the last six. Makes Sheridan look "world beating", to coin a phrase
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 22:14:47 »

I totally understand your concern. I would have my own too but in this climate Town may not have much choice...it's probably all moot as unless a change of owner comes in, El Shez and Wright will be here to the seasons end.

Just to enquire further though, although he does have "dinosaur" tendencies, my reckoning is that Holloway is a better manager than Sheridan (the bar is currently quite low) but I'm keen to gauge what you mean in terms of "success"?

We all know the obvious high end success he had in getting Blackpool into the Premier League (and Palace I think), so I can see how you might relate it back to a decade ago but is that success quite so relative to Town's plight currently? Personally I feel he would be fresher than Sheridan and bring in a decent amount of passion for the job to get the players interested again.

In all eventuality, please do refer to the first paragraph. Town (as it stands) are fooked.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 22:18:17 »

I totally understand your concern. I would have my own too but in this climate Town may not have much choice...it's probably all moot as unless a change of owner comes in, El Shez and Wright will be here to the seasons end.

Just to enquire further though, although he does have "dinosaur" tendencies, my reckoning is that Holloway is a better manager than Sheridan (the bar is currently quite low) but I'm keen to gauge what you mean in terms of "success"?

We all know the obvious high end success he had in getting Blackpool into the Premier League (and Palace I think), so I can see how you might relate it back to a decade ago but is that success quite so relative to Town's plight currently? Personally I feel he would be fresher than Sheridan and bring in a decent amount of passion for the job to get the players interested again.

In all eventuality, please do refer to the first paragraph. Town (as it stands) are fooked.

I agree for many reasons we're fooled and don't have the money to attract decent managers like we are used to

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 22:37:18 »

His record at Grimsby this season doesn't inspire - they are currently 22nd in League 2, 3 points above the drop zone and rock bottom of the form table over the last six. Makes Sheridan look "world beating", to coin a phrase

True Paul but I suppose maybe that project had turned sour long before it was in the place it is now? I genuinely don't know enough about Grimsby (I've heard the water is lovely) to make a well informed opinion though.

I know you're being tongue in cheek when mentioning Sheridan as looking "world beating", it makes me think of a certain PM when talking about test and trace  Cheesy

I don't know, I think Holloway would still have one last burst of life in him to take the job to task. Whereas I don't think (for a many number of reasons) that Sheridan has any fight left in him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 22:44:05 »

I agree for many reasons we're fooled and don't have the money to attract decent managers like we are used to

In all honesty, I think we are stuck with Sheridan & Wright until;

(a) a takeover; thus change of controlling stake.
(b) contract expiry (end of season).
(c) they walk.

Power won't sack as he'll* have to pay, so (a) is pretty likely out of the question unless fan mutiny were grow, matched against worsening results but even then, would he put anyone new in place other than someone from within/player...(b) is clearly too long and we'll already know Town's fate but this seems the most likely to happen...(c) correlates with (a) in that Power likely won't sack them so from a personal finance PoV, why would they even walk other than honour...can't see that myself.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: