Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225616 times)
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 08:55:55 »

What a cheerful interview not sure if he wants to be at swindon or just wants the job security. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong about summing him up as a boring nobhead .

we are going as warriors
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #976 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:08:53 »

What a cheerful interview not sure if he wants to be at swindon or just wants the job security. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong about summing him up as a boring nobhead .
TBH Wellens never sounded happy about being at Swindon either but he never got berated by Town fans for it, everyone just said "it was his style" perhaps Shez is the same?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:22:59 »

TBH Wellens never sounded happy about being at Swindon either but he never got berated by Town fans for it, everyone just said "it was his style" perhaps Shez is the same?

I know it's wrong to judge but i read somewhere that he can be moody and a bit of a bully with younger players

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #978 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:29:49 »

I know it's wrong to judge but i read somewhere that he can be moody and a bit of a bully with younger players
I have heard similar rumours about Wellens, not so much with the younger players but he was always the bad guy and Hunt was the good guy in the dressing room.

Its just almost all the allegations made against him can easily be applied to Wellens too, almost every one.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:30:54 »

I have heard similar rumours about Wellens, not so much with the younger players but he was always the bad guy and Hunt was the good guy in the dressing room.

Its just almost all the allegations made against him can easily be applied to Wellens too, almost every one.

I had heard similar too especially this season

So, give no fucks
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:31:16 »

I met him in the butchers I used to work in decades ago. He came in to collect his share of a private kill we did for a local farmer and got me free tickets to the pre season friendly v Ipswich the season after they won the cup winners cup. Lovely bloke I seem to recall and strong in his faith too. Wouldn’t play on a Sunday which has been mentioned before.
He did actually play on a Sunday towards the end of his Town career. Not sure how many times, but he started the game against Northampton at the end of the 83 season, went off injured early on and Jimmy Quinn (or it may have been Andy Rowland....) went in goal. We got tanked 5-1....
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:38:23 by Exiled Bob » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:42:02 »

He did actually play on a Sunday towards the end of his Town career. Not sure how many times, but he started the game against Northampton at the end of the 83 season, went off injured early on and Jimmy Quinn (or it may have been Andy Rowland....) went in goal. We got tanked 5-1....

Oh really, well didn’t know that. A game I was probably at too ☺️
Peter Venkman

« Reply #982 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 09:56:47 »

Pretty sure it was Jimmy Quinn took over in goal that day.

That was the day that pre game the Grand National winner Corbiere was paraded round the pitch by Jenny Pitman, a Town fan.

Lots of trouble by the travelling 500 or so Cobblers fans, Steve Massey ran us ragged alongside ex Town favourite Dave Syrett RIP.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 10:49:40 »

That sounds vaguely familiar. Can remember being at a game where he was injured and Quinn went in goal. But can't remember much else - Good job really if we lost 5-1 !

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 10:58:10 »

Pretty sure it was Jimmy Quinn took over in goal that day.

That was the day that pre game the Grand National winner Corbiere was paraded round the pitch by Jenny Pitman, a Town fan.

Lots of trouble by the travelling 500 or so Cobblers fans, Steve Massey ran us ragged alongside ex Town favourite Dave Syrett RIP.

It was a Sunday game I recall.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #985 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 11:50:49 »

That sounds vaguely familiar. Can remember being at a game where he was injured and Quinn went in goal. But can't remember much else - Good job really if we lost 5-1 !
Quinny went in goal a few times for us when our keepers were injured, Andy Rowland and Jimmy Quinn were both adequate keepers, Quinn was a lot better in goal than that result suggests, he kept at least 1 clean sheet during his goalkeeper fill ins.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #986 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 11:51:46 »

It was a Sunday game I recall.

That was what brought the posts about mate, Jimmy Allan playing on a Sunday.

He did actually play on a Sunday towards the end of his Town career.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 12:00:12 »

I find it insane that you lot can remember games. Even legendary games like the 4-6 at st andrews.  I watched that back the other day and couldn't for the life of me remember the goals let alone who was playing.

Just say no kids.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 12:03:21 »

Quinny went in goal a few times for us when our keepers were injured, Andy Rowland and Jimmy Quinn were both adequate keepers, Quinn was a lot better in goal than that result suggests, he kept at least 1 clean sheet during his goalkeeper fill ins.

I can only remember the 1-0 away win when Charlie Henry scored 85/86 season and lots of trouble before the game

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #989 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 12:21:25 »

I find it insane that you lot can remember games. Even legendary games like the 4-6 at st andrews.  I watched that back the other day and couldn't for the life of me remember the goals let alone who was playing.

Just say no kids.
Its also an age thing, I couldn't remember shit until I turned about 50, now I can remember stuff from when I was 14 clearer than I can remember stuff from yesterday!

Saying that, a fair amount of the games from 2004 on I struggle with now.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: