Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225625 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 23:39:29 »

His managerial record is actually better than I thought it would be. 37% win ratio over 675 games.

That will leave us on 51 points then! Is that enough?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 01:02:37 »

That will leave us on 51 points then! Is that enough?

It would be touch and go.

52 was the magic number last time I checked (11 years ago I think it was)

Depends how you’ve done the maths. Have you included draws? He only wins 37% but doesn’t lose the remaining 63%
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 01:04:28 »

37 - 26 - 37

Give or take some rounding up / down
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 02:18:50 »

Haven't read back but if Sheridan is appointed then I feel this is the end game style appointment by the current board (Power), who are preparing/anticipating their exit.

Literally Sheridan is good buddies with the likes of Jewell and Wright, possibly is well aware of Hunt too.

He's an old head of course, been around a long time and I only really remember when he was manager of Chesterfield. Seemed to remember they thought he was alright (even though I'm certain they got relegated with them). Did one over us in the JPT Final, which appeared to be the only time that squad was overconfident and decided not to turn up (New Wembley and Town team in not turning up shocker).

It's very likely Sheridan (if appointed) will only be here short-term. Referring the above, this may come at a similar time to Power exiting. Any new owner (Clem?) would already likely have a manager in mind and that's possibly not going to be Sheridan.

In about a month the landscape at STFC could look very different again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 04:00:08 »

Still no confirmation of Sheridan by the Club, either via Twitter or website. Presumably waiting for his latest month at Wigan to expire?
His month to month contract expires tomorrow

‘John Sheridan has told Wigan Athletic he intends to become the new manager of Swindon Town.

The 56-year old took charge of Wigan against Tranmere Rovers in the Papa John's Trophy last night but his month to month contract ends this week and Wigan remain in administration.

Swindon have approached Sheridan after Richie Wellens left for Salford City last week.’
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 04:15:49 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 09:20:45 »

It would be touch and go.

52 was the magic number last time I checked (11 years ago I think it was)

Depends how you’ve done the maths. Have you included draws? He only wins 37% but doesn’t lose the remaining 63%

Could imagine it being much lower this season, with many teams having cheap and poor quality squads. Also looming are the possibility of points deductions or even league expulsions for some teams. Could see around 45 being enough.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 09:39:19 »

Could imagine it being much lower this season, with many teams having cheap and poor quality squads. Also looming are the possibility of points deductions or even league expulsions for some teams. Could see around 45 being enough.

It’s often been lower than 51. Never (had) been above 52.

52 will see you safe. Doesn’t mean less wont either...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #862 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 09:54:45 »

Whether or not I support his appointment I will support him until he gives me reason to not support him.

Welcome to the club "Shez" (when you actually do sign).

Lets get through this shit and win some games along the way.

An Oldham fan I know say he plays a passing style in the main, always plays 442 (that could be a problem for us with fit players up front) and that he gets the defence playing as a unit to clear their lines quickly.

Apparently has a bit of an attitude problem and rubs players and fans up the wrong way and comes accross as arrogant.

A Chesterfield fan I know hates him and a couple of Plymouth fans I know say hes just a jobbing manager who will get some good and some rubbish results and failed to get them promoted with a large budget.

As for going 4 4 2 then he will have to assess the players at his disposal and change that accordingly as we don't currently have the players to carry that off, so probably stick 1 up top and add another central midfielder, or do as Hunt did on Tuesday and add an extra centre back to play 5 at the back.

I won't rule him out before hes even managed one game, Wellens lost his first game for Town at home to Sheridans Carlisle 4-0.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:01:51 »

I won't rule him out before hes even managed one game, Wellens lost his first game for Town at home to Sheridans Carlisle 4-0.

Do I remember Hope playing for Carlisle that day under Sheridan?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:02:34 »

It makes you wonder why he dosen't stay on at Wigan as we have our own issues and it's hardly a secure appointment for him

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #865 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:04:52 »

Do I remember Hope playing for Carlisle that day under Sheridan?
Yep and he set up a couple of the goals IIRC. He played him as a striker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:10:44 »

His managerial record is actually better than I thought it would be. 37% win ratio over 675 games.

Oh come on DV, actually taking the time to look at his managerial career is not what Swindon fans do. You should be going onto Facebook and saying how shit he is as he isn't Paul Cook or Michael Carrick, followed by a tireade about how cheap and nasty 'Poundland Power' is.

FWIW, I think Sheridan's managerial history is not too shabby for a lower league manager. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:12:18 »

Whether or not I support his appointment I will support him until he gives me reason to not support him.

Welcome to the club "Shez" (when you actually do sign).

Lets get through this shit and win some games along the way.

An Oldham fan I know say he plays a passing style in the main, always plays 442 (that could be a problem for us with fit players up front) and that he gets the defence playing as a unit to clear their lines quickly.

Apparently has a bit of an attitude problem and rubs players and fans up the wrong way and comes accross as arrogant.

A Chesterfield fan I know hates him and a couple of Plymouth fans I know say hes just a jobbing manager who will get some good and some rubbish results and failed to get them promoted with a large budget.

As for going 4 4 2 then he will have to assess the players at his disposal and change that accordingly as we don't currently have the players to carry that off, so probably stick 1 up top and add another central midfielder, or do as Hunt did on Tuesday and add an extra centre back to play 5 at the back.

Hope and Pitman up front will be the new Austin and Painter!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:15:44 »

Sheridan has a league title and a lower league cup win.  That should account for something.

Nothing to see here
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #869 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:24:58 »

If he's going 442, Hope and Pitman and a recall for Scott Twine as backup could be incoming
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: