Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225789 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:21:43 »

Cant say I'm overly impressed, must have been better out there willing to take the job on, I think I would have preferred Hunt to get the job
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:28:20 »

He gets my backing, as does any new manager.

What kind of football does he play? I hope he's not a hoofer. Asides from it being shit, we don't have the players for hoofing anyway.

Did a google and not seen much criticism of his style of play, more for his management style. Basically he has one way of trying to improve players - calling them shit and telling them to stop being so shit. And if they can’t handle that, to fk off.

Odds on him falling out with Anthony Grant before Christmas?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:29:10 »

Did a google and not seen much criticism of his style of play, more for his management style. Basically he has one way of trying to improve players - calling them shit and to stop being so shit.

Odds on him falling out with Anthony Grant before Christmas?

Odds on Anthony Grant decking him by christmas ?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:30:23 »

A bit overwhelmed with underwhelment.
Nevertheless, he has got one task this season.
Hope that he will be up to it and good luck to him.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:30:49 »

To go with this season's theme will his first signing be Sheridan Smith?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:32:51 »

Cant say I'm overly impressed, must have been better out there willing to take the job on, I think I would have preferred Hunt to get the job

Who the fuck would be willing to take it on then?  Getting to the end of the season is going to be a challenge for most clubs, including ours.  They'll have jack shit to spend in January, that's for sure.

I'm surprised we actually appointed someone in the current environment.
Panda Paws

« Reply #816 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:37:43 »

If it's in addition to Noel Hunt and Tommy Wright then it could be ok in the short term.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:42:10 »

I remember Sheridan as a player but have little knowledge of his managerial career.  Seems a bit all over the shop - some notable successes and failures.  Didn't even remember him being the Manager at Chesterfield when they beat us at Wembley.

Seems he has worked with Wright before and Jewell.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:42:37 »

I've got a few mates who are Oldham fans, he's considered to be the messiah there.

"he's a good manager when scrapping for points to avoid relegation"

Sounds like just what is needed in the current predicament, in on a fire fighting basis and see where we are at the end of the season.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:42:52 »

Can’t see this as anything more than getting an experienced head in to make sure we are a league 1 club next season, whilst Power deals with the court cases and tries to sell the club.
Hunt is probably to big a risk in Power eyes for his first job to be a potential relegation battle.

I’d be amazed if his contract is longer than this season, it’s not a long term appointment, it’s a stop gap.

It makes complete sense when looked at like that, we aren’t going to be challenging this season, we are in a battle to stay up and we are skint, Sheridan is coming in to steady the ship, nothing more, nothing less.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:43:40 »

This'll do for me. Mainly surprised Power moved so quickly. Hopefully provides a bit of stability and focus for the team. Anything that keeps our heads above water.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:48:01 »

Am I right in remembering that prior to buying David Peach from Southampton we tried to sign Mick Channon for £250,000.
There were rumours to that effect - but of course we didn't!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:52:01 »

If its a cheap deal to the end of the season and we stay up then I'll take that.

If it's a "long term" option then I'm very underwhelmed. Hope it's until the end of the season and we then take a punt of someone new from lower leagues, give someone fresh a chance.
Valid Pint

« Reply #823 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 16:58:05 »

We are Sheridan's red & white army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 17:02:59 »

‘The Rivals’.

Bound to be a reference when we get to play the piss stains
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: