Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225999 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:28:59 »

I think Wellens knew he'd be in for a struggle with us this season.  I do think he is quite a technical Manager, and the situation did not lend itself to that - we didn't have a proper pre-season and have far less time between games to work on tactical stuff.  He had 8 months to gradually get what he wanted in place for last season, it's obvious to me that the poor prep (not his fault) has undone him a little.  Add in the finances, the general malaise that playing behind closed doors brings (it is a punishment for teams for a reason, we now know why!) and you can fully understand him jumping ship.  It simply exposes him to be no better or worse than others in this horrid industry.

I doubt Tisdale will be the man, but I would have had him in the past, so why not now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:35:22 »

I think Wellens knew he'd be in for a struggle with us this season.  I do think he is quite a technical Manager, and the situation did not lend itself to that - we didn't have a proper pre-season and have far less time between games to work on tactical stuff.  He had 8 months to gradually get what he wanted in place for last season, it's obvious to me that the poor prep (not his fault) has undone him a little.  Add in the finances, the general malaise that playing behind closed doors brings (it is a punishment for teams for a reason, we now know why!) and you can fully understand him jumping ship.  It simply exposes him to be no better or worse than others in this horrid industry.

I doubt Tisdale will be the man, but I would have had him in the past, so why not now.

I think it was pretty clear for a couple of months that Wellens was just waiting for a chance.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:44:59 »

So, let me get this straight:

We need a manager who can inspire the team, give it confidence, reduce the amount of mistakes and tighten us up at the back. He (or she) needs to do this on a limited budget as we don't have any money There are lots of potential candidates, but, we aren't sure who would be realistic and we are not sure who the best one may be anyway. Hunt may or may not be the right person, but he may or may not be all we get for the forseeable future.

We also need court cases settled and someone to buy the club who isn't just focussed on off field money making schemes. We need investment in the club and the ability to buy us out of trouble. We don't think that this type of person exists, or would be interested in Swindon, and we are worried that we may attract the wrong type of investor.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #618 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:46:34 »

The "I turned dow 3/4 jobs so I'm loyal" is questionable as well. It depends on what was turned down (if anything).

I'd say no to an opportunity to shag Ann Widdecombe. That alone doesn't necessarily make me loyal to my wife - it could just mean I don't want to shag Ann Widdecombe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 15:14:50 »

The "I turned dow 3/4 jobs so I'm loyal" is questionable as well. It depends on what was turned down (if anything).

I'd say no to an opportunity to shag Ann Widdecombe. That alone doesn't necessarily make me loyal to my wife - it could just mean I don't want to shag Ann Widdecombe.
Get you, all picky. Pfft.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 15:28:18 »

Does anyone?😀
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 15:44:58 »

Does anyone?😀

Im going through a lean spell!

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 16:28:38 »

Does anyone?😀

I'm not sure Ann Widdecombe does....
Flashheart

« Reply #623 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 16:35:14 »

I'm not sure Ann Widdecombe does....

I bet she's gagging for it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 16:52:25 »

Does anyone?😀
Farage
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 17:05:10 »

I must admit to skimming the past 10 pages or so, but it basically seems like now Wellens has been gone for a few days people are saying that last season was a fluke and he's been shit all along?
Flashheart

« Reply #626 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 17:07:47 »

I must admit to skimming the past 10 pages or so, but it basically seems like now Wellens has been gone for a few days people are saying that last season was a fluke and he's been shit all along?

Not quite.

More a case of people pointing out his potential limitations. He might go on to manage in the Prem for all we know.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 17:07:58 »

Some people
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 17:08:41 »

Largely correct. 

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 17:10:04 »

Dunno.

My take: Wellens was fantastic from the nearly the day he started to the end of the season. Who knows if he could have got the squad playing this, he hadn't.

Was never really tested in a "its going wrong" way.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: