Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225644 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:05:42 »

For how long? Pending takeover court case or give Hunt a chance which could go terribly wrong

No fucking idea at the moment. Given the court case don’t you think anyone decent would hold back sending in their cv? I know I would.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:10:15 »

No fucking idea at the moment. Given the court case don’t you think anyone decent would hold back sending in their cv? I know I would.

I wouldn't waste my time either but Power was saying there's been loads contacting him including ones that have previously rejected him

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:11:34 »

If judgment isn't handed down for some time, there will be further delay.

Could could be settled out of court beforehand?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:14:43 »

This.

The amount of people who just think someone will come in and buy the club is mind boggling, it's even less attractive now than it usually is and on those occasions we just had the likes of Brady, Donegan, BEST, Jed etc interested.
There's no evidence if Power loses that Standing and Barry will want to run the club and same goes for Clem, who I still don't trust. A lot of people seem to think Power losing the court case will be great and begin a new era, but it could actually spell the end of the club....

Exactly this and I struggle how so many don’t see it.
I guess it’s down to years of shit and we just want to believe it won’t be shit forever. Equally it true Swindon fashion what else could be beneath the surface that we are not aware of?
Cynical and a realist for sure. Anything above shit we may have to take.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:17:15 »

Let’s not forget Wellens also said he’d sign for 10 years if Power doubled his salary

I am coming to the conclusion that one should possibly not believe much that Wellens says.

Revised

Much as it would be nice, Doughty seems like a decent well rounded bloke, why on gods own earth would he want to buy a basket case of a football club?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:20:31 »

Much as it would be nice, Doughty seems like a decent well rounded bloke, why on gods own earth would he want to buy a basket case of a football club?
Especially given he has direct experience of the amount of shit his Dad took from fans for his appalling acts of *checks notes* continually pouring his cash into their football club?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:30:20 »

Could could be settled out of court beforehand?

You can settle at any time prior to judgment being handed down

Nothing to see here
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:10:07 »

Lot's of managers sound good. It doesn't mean they know how to transform that into results. 

Who would you say reads and articulates the game better than Wellens?

Who would you say is more capable of instilling a clear and watchable style of play than Wellens?

Who gets results better than Wellens?

Pretty small Venn diagram that.
Flashheart

« Reply #608 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:20:13 »

Results this season suggest he is not reading the game at all well. Saying technical-sounding stuff is one thing. Actually making those words MEAN something is another (echo?).

Who would you say is more capable of instilling a clear and watchable style of play than Wellens?

Going by this season - lots of managers.

What has been his style of play so far this season: Decent going forwards but a nightmare at the back? That ain't good enough.

Most other managers in L1, evidently!

Nope. I think I'd need a wall to pain this Venn Diagram.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:21:12 »

Paolo Di Canio & he won cup games too!!
Flashheart

« Reply #610 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:36:28 »

If he didn't leave, how much longer would he be given if things were continuing as they have been?

What if it comes to 5th December (another 3 games) and we're still languishing near the bottom? That's about the time owners need to start thinking about changes.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #611 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:58:07 »

Exactly this and I struggle how so many don’t see it.
I guess it’s down to years of shit and we just want to believe it won’t be shit forever. Equally it true Swindon fashion what else could be beneath the surface that we are not aware of?
Cynical and a realist for sure. Anything above shit we may have to take.
Absolutely, I would like to say that its the fan over a certain age (50+) that see this but in actuality its fans of all ages that I speak to that seem to think there is a whole raft of potential owners just sitting there, that won't make a bid until the club is listed as "for sale".

That won't actually happen as such, Power would basically be saying make me an offer, if he did that and would invite lower offers for the club than its actual true value (which is not actually that much).

Thats basically what Andrew Black did, put us up for sale and had to make a large loss and include any payments via an indenture that if the club is sold again that he gets a percentage and Black pretty much lost all the money he put in to buy the club. I don't think for 1 minute than Power will do that, he can't afford to do that and openly saying the club is up for offers invites people like Jed onto the scene. Last week was the first time Power said in actual words that he is trying to sell up, despite us all knowing he will.

Power tried to make money and failed because TBH we aren't an attractive venture for any potential investor despite many Town fans thinking we are, we will have the same bunch of people wanting to buy the club as we have always had, owners with little disposable income, in it to make money from the club or owners who see us as an investment due to ground/building opportunities alone, as the Waels are at Rovers, not interested in investing on the playing side and only see any potential gains off the pitch.

There is no "fairy godfather" with loads of money waiting in the wings, there is no Town fan willing to waste his money on buying us, they arent actually out there.

Bournemouth got lucky, Salford got lucky due entirely to their geographical placement, FGR got comparitively lucky, but in the main there are no "rich" interested parties I am 100% certain they would have made themselves known as buying a club in admin, although cheap, will mean a year or more of limited playing/staff budget so a total rebauild probably in a division lower than the club currently stand in after points deductions etc as Wigan now find themselves in and Bolton.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:00:28 »

Power tried to make money and failed because TBH we aren't an attractive venture for any potential investor despite many Town fans thinking we are, we will have the same bunch of people wanting to buy the club as we have always had, owners with little disposable income, in it to make money from the club or owners who see us as an investment due to ground/building opportunities alone, as the Waels are at Rovers, not interested in investing on the playing side and only see any potential gains off the pitch.
TBH they're the better ones out there. It's the Steve Dales, the Laurence Bassinis and the Whatever The Fuck His Name Was At Wigans that I'm worried about.
Panda Paws

« Reply #613 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:08:21 »

If he didn't leave, how much longer would he be given if things were continuing as they have been?

What if it comes to 5th December (another 3 games) and we're still languishing near the bottom? That's about the time owners need to start thinking about changes.

Wellens had so much credit in the bank there's no way he'd be under pressure in my eyes. 5th from bottom in May would have been a good job by RW.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 14:13:01 »

In Power's defence (Court cases not withstanding) if he has been trying to offload the club for 12 months it has gone to shit in true Swindon fashion.

In January top of the league, 13K at home for the Exeter game, deal agreed on the CG, training ground plans and rated manager signs a new deal. The club was as attractive as it has been in the last 20 years.

Instead he is left holding the baby through 8 months of no cash coming in burning through his own funds and the manager decides to bunk off back up north leaving an unbalanced squad.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: