Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225806 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 08:47:51 »

If as we or certainly I suspect, that cash is as bountiful as hens teeth then I have a feeling that unless Hunt and the back room team leave he’ll be here until Christmas. If the shit is being flung in the general direction of Power who is stood in front of it then it makes sense to appoint a new manager and see what funds are available in the jan trans window. Court cases notwithstanding.

What you say makes a lot of sense from Powers point of view but not necessarily from a footballing aspect. If Wellens had stayed he would have been paying his salary (in his words the highest paid since he's been the owner) so you would have thought he could get someone in with experience without increasing his out goings. If he's uses Wellens Salary to keep the club afloat then you have to fear the worst with relegation on the cards as I don't see Hunt the person to take us forward and as with any court case/s they're bound to be complex and would probably carry into the new year
« Last Edit: Monday, November 9, 2020, 08:50:12 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 08:48:08 »

How about the other Tommy Wright, formerly of St. Johnstone
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 08:54:37 »

How about the other Tommy Wright, formerly of St. Johnstone

Funny you say that, Nixon tweeted this the other day when asked who he thought would be a fit for the job

Club a bit short of funds. Needs someone who can work with that. Clough would have done. The guy Tommy Wright ex St Johnstone would be an interesting choice. Did miracles with no money.

He also thinks Wright will go to Salford
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #543 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:29:20 »

Am I the only one who would be horrified by the Cowleys?
Nope, you are by no means alone. Horrific style of football like going back to the 1970s Div 4 again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:33:21 »

If he's uses Wellens Salary to keep the club afloat then you have to fear the worst with relegation on the cards
Relegation is not "fearing the worst". This season, it's going out of business altogether. That is "fearing the worst"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #545 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:34:24 »

Relegation is not "fearing the worst". This season, it's going out of business altogether. That is "fearing the worst"
Very true mate, lets weather the Covid storm and stay in buiness, many won't without a bailout, probably ourselves included.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:39:31 »

By relegation I meant dropping out of the league and folding which would be excelled with the current pandemic

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:39:45 »

I read his post meaning relagation would be the final nail in the financial coffin.

Doubt we make it that long without a bailout mind.

efit: never mind - he's clarified
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:40:56 »

I read his post meaning relagation would be the final nail in the financial coffin.

Doubt we make it that long without a bailout mind.

efit: never mind - he's clarified

Not enough detail first time around😁

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:42:54 »

What you say makes a lot of sense from Powers point of view but not necessarily from a footballing aspect. If Wellens had stayed he would have been paying his salary (in his words the highest paid since he's been the owner) so you would have thought he could get someone in with experience without increasing his out goings. If he's uses Wellens Salary to keep the club afloat then you have to fear the worst with relegation on the cards as I don't see Hunt the person to take us forward and as with any court case/s they're bound to be complex and would probably carry into the new year

What would you do?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:44:37 »

What would you do?

Try and stop a sinking ship by getting in the best manager possible on Wellens budget. What would you do?

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:48:07 »

By relegation I meant dropping out of the league and folding which would be excelled with the current pandemic
OK, that's not relegation, that's liquidation. Or did you mean if we get relegated that might cause us to fold?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:48:38 »

OK, that's not relegation, that's liquidation. Or did you mean if we get relegated that might cause us to fold?

Yes the knock on effect

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 10:00:47 »

I suspect that many on this forum acknowledge that the current speculation around the next manager involves an element of 'fantasy football' - particularly given what we think we know about the club's finances.  However, if there is no speculation around this, I suspect that there won't be much activity on here over the next few days.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 10:00:59 »

Try and stop a sinking ship by getting in the best manager possible on Wellens budget. What would you do?

Hold fire.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: