Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225762 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 17:31:29 »

He certainly rubbed the Spurs supporters up when signing for Arsenal. He might get on well with David Icke😁
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 17:37:36 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 17:32:28 »

He’s always come across as entitled and deluded since entering management. And he’s also intensely annoying, won’t be cheap (because Sol Campbell rates Sol Campbell) and doesn’t really have a track record of winning a lot of football matches.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 18:52:48 »

I am not a big fan of Campbell by any means but you won’t really have a winning record if you manage basket cases

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 19:41:30 »

Rather have Hope.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 19:46:48 »

He signed for the Mundo Finance scam as a player so is another that just chased the money. I don’t think as a manager he’d provide any kind of stability which along with some fresh ideas is a necessity.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 19:48:41 »

Not everyone's favourite but Dan Cowley would get us organised even if the football isn't that inspiring

So, give no fucks
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 21:19:59 »

Not everyone's favourite but Dan Cowley would get us organised even if the football isn't that inspiring

He wouldn’t have any choice other than play football with the players we currently have. No forward players capable of playing in a direct system.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 21:27:28 »

He wouldn’t have any choice other than play football with the players we currently have. No forward players capable of playing in a direct system.

He could be a good choice but doubt we could afford him

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 21:39:22 »

Sam Ricketts looking likely to get sacked despite winning in the FA Cup. Have heard he has two games to turn it around in the league or he's gone.

I still think Town should buy him out of his nominal 6 months remaining at Shrews. Plays a 3-5-2 system. Even if the relationship has turned sour at Shrews, take this season (or 10 games) out of the scenario and he's done ok in his first 2yrs (a similar amount of time as Wellens but at a higher level). Probs only just below RW in win rate but that's relative to the division surely.

In any case, if Power was in for him and knows he will soon be sacked, then he'll wait for that to happen. No compo at all. Win-win.

He'd be much better than Campbell and play better football than Cowley. A fresh start with a set of players that can already play a similar system. Can't see why it wouldn't be an appointment to go for, especially above some of the names mentioned here.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 06:47:07 »

Am I the only one who would be horrified by the Cowleys?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 07:02:31 »

Everybody has their favourites and their ‘ffs, no’ candidates.

I don’t think we can be too precious about who we do get. Wellensball, without the right players, is proving to be a shambles. Maybe a more pragmatic approach is needed. Doesn’t have to be hoofball, but most people will agree that any successful team needs to be built on a competent defence.

No easy task with the players we’ve got. At least until Fryers and Conroy return (or not).
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 07:09:43 »

Am I the only one who would be horrified by the Cowleys?

No

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 07:31:32 »

If as we or certainly I suspect, that cash is as bountiful as hens teeth then I have a feeling that unless Hunt and the back room team leave he’ll be here until Christmas. If the shit is being flung in the general direction of Power who is stood in front of it then it makes sense to appoint a new manager and see what funds are available in the jan trans window. Court cases notwithstanding.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 07:53:42 »

Unless Salford/Wellens come in for Hunt. It’ll be Hunt.

Just a case of who he’s allowed to bring assuming Salford/Wellens take some of the back room staff
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 08:39:10 »

If as we or certainly I suspect, that cash is as bountiful as hens teeth then I have a feeling that unless Hunt and the back room team leave he’ll be here until Christmas. If the shit is being flung in the general direction of Power who is stood in front of it then it makes sense to appoint a new manager and see what funds are available in the jan trans window. Court cases notwithstanding.
Completely agree. I certainly think people don't need to worry too much about the prospects of us being able to afford to employ the Cowley brothers in the near future.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: