Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225747 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 10:09:58 »

ah I see.

just how loaded is he?!

Have we even established who Currans old man is, some say its the racehorse trainer who trains at what is supposed to be becoming the training ground, others suggest he is something to do with a packaging company from Essex/Kent?

It still seems a bit weird to me.

I mean regardless of his link with us and / or Waterford I can’t imagine Curran Snr is making any major profits?

So, what is he getting out of his son being here? I mean his son is getting a decent wage but the rumour is Curran Snr is contributing that?

So, is he like giving the club 5k a month but 2k of that comes back to him via his son? How is that any different to him just giving the club 3k a month and his Son 2k?

What does he get out of it?

Gets to play bobby big bollocks and means his lad can pretend to be a professional footballer and probably get laid more, rather than having to admit he is kept by his father.

Was successful for Agombar who wiki suggests has now landed at the heights of Bowers & Pitsea F.C.  
Panda Paws

« Reply #286 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 10:29:13 »

Wellens has always gone out of his way to praise Power. He won't put the boot in, because there's not much to put the boot in about.

It'll be Wellens bingo. A cliche fest. Saw his title team dismantled and couldn't add the players he wanted because, you know, global pandemic and the existential risk to our club. A token line about ambition. Something about family. Doesn't want to tread water. Wants to be competitive etc etc etc.

No one comes out of this well, apart from the Power haters who might get a sniff of something they can twist and beat the club with.

Wellens will come across as either a petulant child, a mercenary or disingenuous. The club/Power will be presented as a good club but one that is massively struggling to survive and compete right now.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 10:45:13 by Panda Paws » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:02:08 »

Wellens will come across as either a petulant child, a mercenary or disingenuous. The club/Power will be presented as a good club but one that is massively struggling to survive and compete right now.

Which is a pretty accurate summary of the situation on both counts I would suggest.

I suspect, like many people that the last 6 months has had quite the unexpected mental effect upon Wellens, he doesn't seem to have handled things that well and sadly come across as quite the twat in the last month or so.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:05:13 »

Wellens has always been a miserable northerner.

However, last season was brilliant and he single handedly put life back into the Club that had been drained out of it for years.

Cannot begrudge anyone taking a job with more money and closer to home in any walk of life. No point being sour about it.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:27:56 »

Also thinks that Eddie Howe is a realistic appointment that we should be going for as he played for us for a couple of weeks. The Cheltenham fan is beyond deluded!
His argument being - “He joined Bournemouth when they were in League 2”

Conveniently ignoring the three promotions and several seasons in the Premier League since!

Some of our fans live in fantasy land. Even the likes of Cook, Cowley etc being mentioned - dream on.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:31:48 »

Wellens has always been a miserable northerner.

However, last season was brilliant and he single handedly put life back into the Club that had been drained out of it for years.

Cannot begrudge anyone taking a job with more money and closer to home in any walk of life. No point being sour about it.
Well said.

There is a certain amount of ‘re-writing of history’ which has taken place over the past couple of days from some fans. He dragged up a club which was on its arse and gave us our best season for almost a decade.

It’s a shame the pandemic put paid to all our momentum but I wish the man well and will always look back on last season with fondness (although for me, it never reached the levels of under the mad Italian!)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:36:54 »

there's no doubt what he did for the club

but I will remain bitter for a bit
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:40:24 »

The more I think about it, the more I’d like to see Tisdale come in. He would offer us a bit of stability, he could have left Exeter numerous times but didn’t, he lives local, has shown he is able to work on limited budgets and he’s also cool as fuck.

Oh, and he’s also best mates with Andrew Lincoln, so that would please all the Walking Dead fans.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:42:19 by Quagmire » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:48:52 »

The more I think about it, the more I’d like to see Tisdale come in. He would offer us a bit of stability, he could have left Exeter numerous times but didn’t, he lives local, has shown he is able to work on limited budgets and he’s also cool as fuck.

Oh, and he’s also best mates with Andrew Lincoln, so that would please all the Walking Dead fans.

And the range of STFC-branded highland tweedwear would be a nice change from the usual chavvy gear.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 11:57:40 »

In addition, his uncle is Randyll Tarly from Game of Thrones, thus keeping another group of fans happy!!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:02:41 »

He dragged up a club which was on its arse and gave us our best season for almost a decade, before promptly fucking off at the first opportunity to a club in a lower division after wittering on about how important loyalty is.

Corrected for you.  Wink

Pretty much this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #296 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:09:37 »

Yep, me too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:10:10 »

There is a certain amount of ‘re-writing of history’ which has taken place over the past couple of days from some fans. He dragged up a club which was on its arse and gave us our best season for almost a decade.

Football supporters are often fickle and have issues with memory recall at times like this.

Nothing to see here
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:17:47 »

I don't think that I have seen Gary Johnson mentioned on this thread as a possible candidate.

Nothing to see here
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:21:04 »

This for me.

This for me.

The Woolery reference and the big club reference after the 13k Support v Exeter grinds on me.

Wellens has gone “backwards” in his career and joins a “small club” with barely 2,000 fans.
Now that doesn’t fit right and down to money.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 12:25:29 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: