Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225920 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:22:08 »

Michael Duff has done a good job on a limited budget

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:23:29 »

He had a pretty good record at Cheltenham, Notts County and Brizzle. The last 2 he had pots of money to spend and a monkey would have done well. Apart from that he's been drivel. He also talks drivel and in every interview I've ever seen of him he has the sort of mad, twitching face that looks like he's on the verge of losing it. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Forest fans adore him.... Wink
https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/42157-The-Steve-Cotterill-Appreciation-Thread

He also seems to have an attitude in his interviews

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:42:04 »

Tisdale seems to be the most realistic of those mentioned so far.

Not sure if he’d with work with Jewell as DoF, though. He likes to be his own man with all footballing matters.

Anyway, here’s the first market

« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:48:47 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:52:33 »

Tisdale seems to be the most realistic of those mentioned so far.

Not sure if he’d with work with Jewell as DoF, though. He likes to be his own man with all footballing matters.
Thats not actually true, Steve Perryman was Director of football at Exeter for his entire reign as manager and was happy working under him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:57:45 »

I was taking that from the link earlier in this thread where he says he is a manager not a coach and likes to have control over all footballing matters - just presumed from that that he’d be the one responsible for signing and identifying players.

"I think the economics are going to be very difficult over the next six months. There is going to be a lot of damage coming. With these three jobs - head coach, head of recruitment and chief executive - it is not necessarily three times the work for someone to do all three. The whole thing is so intertwined and if you have a grasp of the business then you can do it."
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:01:14 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:58:59 »

Tisdale for me.

Culverhouse would be an interesting one. Great player and has done a good job at Kings Lynn having been assistant with Norwich and Villa.

However, in reality, assuming Jewell is staying then, it'll be Hunt with another of Jewell's contacts, which Wellens was.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:02:40 »

I was taking that from the link earlier in this thread where he says he is a manager not a coach and likes to have control over all footballing matters - just presumed from that that he’d be the one responsible for signing and identifying players.
Perryman was always the one in control at Exeter of new player scouting and signings.

So I would guess its a situation he is happy about working with if his 12 years at Exeter were anything to go by.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:04:48 »

That is a true "we have no idea, here are some out of work managers with the caretaker top" market.

Hunt 2/1 seems like another opportunity to make money for those who lumped on Wellens leaving. 10 games is about the rest of the month I think...
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:50:49 »

Aidy Viveash anyone? Couple of promotions as assistant at Coventry. Might fancy it.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Panda Paws

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:59:29 »

Aidy Viveash anyone? Couple of promotions as assistant at Coventry. Might fancy it.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

Good shout
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 17:00:13 »

Good shout

He's still got family in Swindon

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 17:22:59 »

Couple of interesting names on Skybet

Clint Hill - assistant at Fleetwood
Andy Parkinson - youth team manager Tranmere (eek!)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 17:40:45 »

Couple of interesting names on Skybet

Clint Hill - assistant at Fleetwood
Andy Parkinson - youth team manager Tranmere (eek!)

I can beat them Luke Gerrard manager of Boreham Wood is 10/1 and has a win rate of 29% No No No

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 17:44:56 »

I can beat them Luke Gerrard manager of Boreham Wood is 10/1 and has a win rate of 29% No No No

Where are you seeing that win %? Consecutive play-off campaigns in the NL on a small budget, and he could bring Kabongo Tshimanga with him in January. Swindon boy too - I'm very pro Garrard.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 17:48:13 »

Where are you seeing that win %? Consecutive play-off campaigns in the NL on a small budget, and he could bring Kabongo Tshimanga with him in January. Swindon boy too - I'm very pro Garrard.

Bet Victor maybe hard to see on attached photo.
https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/swindon-town
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 17:50:10 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: