Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225743 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:37:30 »

Fatbury should get the job.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:40:21 »

Lot of punching goes on in Kings Lynn. If we are looking at ex Town players managing in the National League I would be much more inclined towards Garrard.

You may be right. Given what happened with Brown, the club should avoid one of the usual 'names' that get bandied about whenever any vacancy arises.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:42:12 »

As someone pointed out to me elsewhere, the club statement reads:

Noel Hunt will take charge of the side for the foreseeable future until a new manager is appointed at the club.

Leads me to beleive its his to lose.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:42:27 »

Key for me now is to hope that Power has the experience necessary to make the right choice. Based on Cooper/Williams/Flitcroft/Brown/Wellens he has seen a variety of options.

Evidence suggests

1. A coach becoming a manager doesn't always work (Williams). Will depend on the nature of the coach of course given Cooper was assistant to Hart.
2. Experienced old heads with lots of experience are no guarantee of success (Brown)
3. The fan base dont like shit football, couple with the fact its harder to get players on loan from big clubs then changing style to a kick and rush crap isn't the right move (Flitcroft)
4. Failure in a previous job is not always a problem (Wellens)
5. Personality, Honesty to the supporters and someone who wants to engage and do more than just coach players is important. Wellens was the only one who did anything about the apathy at the club at the time.

If you are worth your salt as Chairman you have a pretty good profile of what you are after without trying to get a Wellens clone.

Bonus points for

1. Had a connection with the club before, previous player etc, but preferably a good player or at a good time
2. Local so that it removes any unwanted possible future issues

And probably most important of all

Doesn't believe money is the be all and end all and will improve players and back themselves to beat the bigger budget teams.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:44:14 »

It’s fun to speculate but now the goat shagger is gone - its Noel Hunt‘s, definitely.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:50:19 »

Depends how you define foreseeable future, do you mean for normal people or for our present government where foreseeable future seems to be about 2 hours!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:50:33 »

Culverhouse and Garrard are both employed, albeit it with teams way lower than we are currently at and have no league experience as managers, both would command a release fee so that would be a huge no from Powers point of view I am 100% sure. He wont fork out a fee AND wages for a new boss under the current Covid financial restrictions.

If any other manager is approached I am certain he would be currently out of work and available for free and probably lower wage expectation. Tisdale does indeed fit that and Power is known to be a fan of his, we have previously tried in the past to get him and told to forget it, just before Power took control IIRC.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/exeter-city/transfer-talk/news/tisdale-im-not-joining-swindon_94069.html

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/21572485

I think Tisdale would be viable, worked wonders at Exeter with a tiny budget, did ok at MKD before being sacked, lives locally which as to be an advantage for us.

Paul Cook would be excellent but is way out of our price bracket and will be looking for a job in the Championship I am certain.

The Cowleys would be fairly viable btu their style of play is fucking horrible to watch even if it gets results and them coming would mean a whole new side to be built much in the style of Flitcrofts tenure.

Cotterill is a name always linked with us, has a decent record up to his last club Birmingham, but seems to hate Swindon and Power if you listen to his interviews in the past, so thats a no from me.

But I have a feeling that Hunt will get the job until the end of the season and be allowed to bring in his own assistant and coach to replace Wright.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:59:57 »

Tisdale for me. Just so we can be linked for the millionth time.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 14:00:12 »

We are all speculating and my wild guess is that Hunt won't be in hot seat for very long.  On the face of it Tisdale does fit the bill (as do many others) and it is not wholly outside the realms of possibility that he gets the gig.

Nothing to see here
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 14:04:26 »

Well he said he thought we defended well last night apart from individual errors so there is a good chance he could lose it quickly based on that
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 14:08:56 »

Paul Cook would be excellent but is way out of our price bracket and will be looking for a job in the Championship I am certain.

The Cowleys would be fairly viable btu their style of play is fucking horrible to watch even if it gets results and them coming would mean a whole new side to be built much in the style of Flitcrofts tenure.

If Cook (most recently managing in L1) is out of our price range I don't see how Cowleys who were most recently managing in the Championship are viable.

Tisdale for me please.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 14:11:22 »

If Cook (most recently managing in L1) is out of our price range I don't see how Cowleys who were most recently managing in the Championship are viable.

Tisdale for me please.
Cook last managed in the Championship with Wigan.

Cook was sacked for financial reasons, the Cowleys because they are shit Smiley HTH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 14:12:10 »

Well he said he thought we defended well last night apart from individual errors so there is a good chance he could lose it quickly based on that

A fair point!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:06:52 »

Cotterill is a name always linked with us, has a decent record up to his last club Birmingham.....
He had a pretty good record at Cheltenham, Notts County and Brizzle. The last 2 he had pots of money to spend and a monkey would have done well. Apart from that he's been drivel. He also talks drivel and in every interview I've ever seen of him he has the sort of mad, twitching face that looks like he's on the verge of losing it. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Forest fans adore him.... Wink
https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/42157-The-Steve-Cotterill-Appreciation-Thread

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:11:42 »

I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Seconded
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: