Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225674 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:16:40 »

Nixon:

Salford. Richie Wellens wants to take Tommy Wright with him from Swindon. Coach Wright also has a rival interest in him. That leaves Noel Hunt with a chance to stay on at Swindon. If they give him the nod.
I added a little poetic ditty
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:30:00 »

Without checking 100% Wellens won 2 of STFC’s last 12 competitive matches - losing 10. Seems like degeneration to me.
It does to me too. I just think that as a summary of his reign "a good start degenerated into a string of losses" kind of misses out the bit in the middle where we won League 2.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:34:24 »

I added a little poetic ditty

Just read it. Very good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:36:12 »

Has Barry done his badges?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:39:06 »

Nixon:

Salford. Richie Wellens wants to take Tommy Wright with him from Swindon. Coach Wright also has a rival interest in him. .
oooh, love triangle
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:39:47 »

Has Barry done his badges?

No idea, wonder whether we might see Ireland back here in some way as wasn't Hunt the conduit for him training with us?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:41:23 »

Were Hunt and Wellens thrown together out of nowhere then? Does Wellens not want Hunt, or knows he wont go North/wants the Swindon job.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:45:06 »

Were Hunt and Wellens thrown together out of nowhere then?

More or less, Hunt was Power's man from Waterford and promised a role in the set up. Wellens agreed to give him a chance and seems like they got on well (from Wellens' Loathed Strangers pod during lockdown)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:45:21 »

Power appointed Hunt as he was at Waterford doing his badges
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:47:40 »

More or less, Hunt was Power's man from Waterford and promised a role in the set up. Wellens agreed to give him a chance and seems like they got on well (from Wellens' Loathed Strangers pod during lockdown)

I suspect Wellens has not been given much choice at Salford considering his assistant up there is an internal appointment. Plus its possibly the case that as Hunt lives reasonably local he doesn't want to traipse all the way up to Salford just as an assistant, especially if he is not part of the ex Man Utd clique.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:50:21 »

I think it is important to stay up this season, obviously not throwing money at it as there isn't any but if someone can sort out that defence, I don't think Hunt is the one, not sure who is, under Power we have done the vastly experienced manager and it failed miserably, we have done the No 2 stepping up and it failed, we have now done the young failed manager and it has worked, maybe if Jewell is sticking around we need to look at this route again with him in his mentoring role.

There must be ex pro's that have done their coaching badges and are waiting for that chance, but they need to have a contact book as Wellens did and managed to use the loan market at times to his advantage, and of course maybe had that bit of management elsewhere to have learnt from it or been involved in coaching teams.

I wouldn't like to see a Sol Campbell as he is to far up his own arse and wouldn't get respected, but maybe a Gary Caldwell, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank worth a thought.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:55:22 »

I imagine most of the ex pros get a back room job at a Prem club, earnings more money than they would as our gaffer...and...those who don’t go down that route become pundits earning more money than they would as our gaffer.

For example, same as two years ago. I’d like to see Duncan Ferguson. Been behind the scenes at Everton for a few years. Got them fired up and got good results as caretaker. Clearly still has a passion for the game and would demand high standards and still big enough to be intimidating and no nonsense.

However, we couldn’t compete financially what he would get in any coaching role at Everton - even if he did want to move on to become a manager.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 12:59:22 »

...a name I threw out there about 10 years ago. Ian Culverhouse
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:04:07 »

I posted that yesterday. He may be a mate of Power.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 13:04:18 »

I don't think any league club will ever employ him again after the sacking for cocaine abuse while at Villa.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: