Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Iphone XR Screen white spot  (Read 3618 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 07:48:57 »

I have an iphone XR and have just noticed a small white spot on the screen that is only seen on a white background. Its brighter than the rest of the screen and is only about a mm big. One of those things that you wouldnt know if it was there, but if you know its there you cant unsee it.

Anyone got any ideas? Will i need a new screen?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 08:27:05 »

I have an iphone XR and have just noticed a small white spot on the screen that is only seen on a white background. Its brighter than the rest of the screen and is only about a mm big. One of those things that you wouldnt know if it was there, but if you know its there you cant unsee it.

Anyone got any ideas? Will i need a new screen?

Just a quick google search and it seems its quite common and it looks like it's an apple problem

When I first got my XR there was a spot in the bottom left corner of my screen, like a hue that never went away. My phone was brand new and never been dropped or tossed around. They spend hours opening up my phone and trying to figure out what it is but never did. They ended up replacing my phone for free so just take it into the apple store and make sure you have a lot of time on your hands

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 08:34:48 »

Sounds like a new screen mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 08:36:53 »

Just a quick google search and it seems its quite common and it looks like it's an apple problem

When I first got my XR there was a spot in the bottom left corner of my screen, like a hue that never went away. My phone was brand new and never been dropped or tossed around. They spend hours opening up my phone and trying to figure out what it is but never did. They ended up replacing my phone for free so just take it into the apple store and make sure you have a lot of time on your hands

16 months old and out of warranty now
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 11:58:48 »

16 months old and out of warranty now
Is it still under a contract with a network, if it is then they should replace or repair it for free, it's a weird loophole to the warranty process, I found it out with O2, took a phone back that kept turning off, it was 20 months into a 24 month contract and they repaired free.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 12:10:27 »

Yeah still under contract. Will have a look in to it cheers
Valid Pint

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 16:36:56 »

I don't like it when they stop traffic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: