Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 172. Tom Broadbent  (Read 6651 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 06:12:30 »

https://soundcloud.com/lspod/172-tom-broadbent
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 06:14:10 »

Been waiting for him.

Just finished listening. Bit too frank at times? Likes a soft cheese?
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 08:01:41 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 08:04:26 »

Been waiting for him.

Soft cheese>Edam. Still a weak choice though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 08:10:10 »

Not JUST a soft cheese, but a soft SPREADABLE cheese!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 08:15:27 »

Not JUST a soft cheese, but a soft SPREADABLE cheese!
TBF I haven't listened yet but with your comment I am considering not bothering, scandalous behaviour!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 09:21:50 »

Been waiting for him.

Haven't listened yet, but what do you mean by too frank?  Surely that is what we want, no?

I spent a couple of hours with him at the Sponsors dinner, with Tans lurking in the background Cheesy he seemed like an intelligent guy, we had a good chat and a great night.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 09:25:10 »

He was a top bloke that night, bought us a pint too

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 09:34:10 »

Haven't listened yet, but what do you mean by too frank?  Surely that is what we want, no?

I spent a couple of hours with him at the Sponsors dinner, with Tans lurking in the background Cheesy he seemed like an intelligent guy, we had a good chat and a great night.
Bit critical of Wellens - from his point of view. His so called ‘mental health’ problem was, in fact, that his partner had, unknowingly, had a stroke and was likely to have another so Wellens thought he wasn’t in the right frame of mind to play. Tom thought he was perfectly OK to play.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 09:37:42 »

Tom thought he was perfectly OK to play.

Without actually knowing Tom personally, I think his performances at the time suggested otherwise.

It would be great to see him at his best.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 09:44:20 »

Without actually knowing Tom personally, I think his performances at the time suggested otherwise.

It would be great to see him at his best.
I would agree with you, hes obviously under a lot of personal stress and to be an athlete he needs to be at his peak physically and mentally, he didnt exactly "let the side down" but his performance levels were not as high as they were when he first signed.

His last couple showed that he seems to be getting back there agin now though.

Good luck to him, hes a decent player when his head is in the game.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 09:51:00 »

Bit critical of Wellens - from his point of view. His so called ‘mental health’ problem was, in fact, that his partner had, unknowingly, had a stroke and was likely to have another so Wellens thought he wasn’t in the right frame of mind to play. Tom thought he was perfectly OK to play.

Fair enough, a player that isn't playing is never going to be 100% happy, especially if the full story is not out there, but that was up to him to resolve.  I agree with FH's point though and Wellens or any other manager is not going to disclose what is happening in a personal environment so the mental health line was probably the right thing to say at the time.

I'll wait to hear the context..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:01:32 »

Really shit for him (and his girlfriend) if she did have a stroke, one can understand why his head would not be in the game.

Who was it in here that was raging on about his girlfriend having left him or something?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:20:32 »

Really shit for him (and his girlfriend) if she did have a stroke, one can understand why his head would not be in the game.

Who was it in here that was raging on about his girlfriend having left him or something?

Somebody on here was adamant that he was obviously suffering from depression and threw a wobbler when people suggested he didn’t have a clue about that
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:23:00 »

Bamboo I think.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:52:34 »

I always assumed that it was just the normal curse of the TEF sponsorship that made his form go to shit, we really must get into the habit of sponsoring a youth teamer or someone who we don't need to play.

Thing is centre half is probably one of the most mentally taxing positions to play, so if his head was (entirely understandably) preoccupied elsewhere it was inevitable his performances would drop.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: