Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79187 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:46:52 »

Banning any form of extremism gets my vote
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:48:04 »

You do realise, of course, that that would in itself be an act of extremism? #4DsThoughtPolice
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:51:55 »

Cool.

But you're not the president. Trump is. And he is trying to ban opposition to facism, but not pro-facist groups.

I rather think that Trump's actions are more pertinent to the topic than the thoughts and/or actions of anybody in this forum.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:52:56 »

You do realise, of course, that that would in itself be an act of extremism? #4DsThoughtPolice

That's a bit extreme Paul  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:57:32 »

That's a bit extreme Paul  Smiley
Extremely Smiley
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:01:03 »

Antifa isn't even an organisation at all. It's just a name given for people who oppose fascism.

And Trump wants to ban it. He literally wants to oppose opposition to facism.

From the little I've read about it from before all this happened, although they might not have a cetralised leadership they are organised into city chapters. To me they've always seemed like anarchists, smash the system and a starbucks. Personally i don't see them as real allies of black people in America, although clearly that's none of my business to chose.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:03:29 »

Antifa isn't even an organisation at all. It's just a name given for people who oppose fascism.

And Trump wants to ban it. He literally wants to oppose opposition to facism.

You are going some when you have the Chechen leader suggesting you need to rein things in a little.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/trump-kadyrov-chechnya-us-human-rights-protest-a9544016.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-supremacist-telegram-channel-encourages-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:04:02 »

‘Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.’

I left alone, my mind was blank...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:10:30 »

Interesting on Instagram that the ‘blackout’ posts are being tagged with BlackLivesMatter, which means that if you search that tag you see black screens rather than any of the actual footage

Don’t think there’s anything nefarious behind it, more just a good example of people offering ‘support’ that doesn’t actually do anything to help the cause other than make the person feel good about doing something. Which, from what I’ve read, is one of the things that angers BLM

Things get better but they never get good
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:19:00 »

I left alone, my mind was blank...

Got the red vinyl  Wink
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:19:34 »

But you're not the president. Trump is. And he is trying to ban opposition to facism, but not pro-facist groups.

He is also trying to ban an organisation that doesn't really exist and even if it did, antifa is a domestic entity and, as such, not a candidate for inclusion on the State Department's list of foreign terror organisations.

Its almost like he doesn't know what he is doing.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:30:19 »

A brief antifa for dummies guide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/X56rQkDgd0qqB7R68t6t7C/seven-things-you-need-to-know-about-antifa

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 15:02:30 »

The thing is if Trump had taken note of the repeated calls, particularly after mass shootings by white supremacists, to establish a domestic terrorism law, he could ban them but he decided not to do so, I wonder why?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 15:19:04 »

Interesting on Instagram that the ‘blackout’ posts are being tagged with BlackLivesMatter, which means that if you search that tag you see black screens rather than any of the actual footage

Don’t think there’s anything nefarious behind it, more just a good example of people offering ‘support’ that doesn’t actually do anything to help the cause other than make the person feel good about doing something. Which, from what I’ve read, is one of the things that angers BLM

No, what you're seeing is that most people are literally posting a black image. It isn't because of the hashtag used. So what you're "seeing" is what you're supposed to be seeing. Also I can vouch for it because one of my posts has a video and is tagged with #BlackLivesMatter and you can definitely see the video.

Also don't necessarily agree with your comment about people doing it to "feel better". There will always be a section of people that do of course but I don't think that's a consensus. Not when a lot of the people posting are black.

Short of flying out to the USA, protesting or paying to donate to certain charities, is there really any problem with people showing online support on top of may be doing other things too (like calling people out for their enabled closet racism, et al)? Especially when considering that we are in a pandemic, so online has become even more of the go to tool as a visual presence in making a stand. Mass protest in public is more difficult for obvious reasons and have no issue with an online statement of support.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 15:29:33 »

No, what you're seeing is that most people are literally posting a black image. It isn't because of the hashtag used. So what you're "seeing" is what you're supposed to be seeing. Also I can vouch for it because one of my posts has a video and is tagged with #BlackLivesMatter and you can definitely see the video.

Also don't necessarily agree with your comment about people doing it to "feel better". There will always be a section of people that do of course but I don't think that's a consensus. Not when a lot of the people posting are black.

Short of flying out to the USA, protesting or paying to donate to certain charities, is there really any problem with people showing online support on top of may be doing other things too (like calling people out for their enabled closet racism, et al)? Especially when considering that we are in a pandemic, so online has become even more of the go to tool as a visual presence in making a stand. Mass protest in public is more difficult for obvious reasons and have no issue with an online statement of support.

Thank you for your essay. I’m aware of how Instagram works - if you search #blacklivesmatter, rather than seeing footage or things useful to the cause you see black screens due to people using the tag to offer support/virtue signal (depending on your outlook). Doing so diluted the actual’ blm messaging

Those far away could always post without the tag, or donate to one of the hundreds of charities supporting the cause

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: