Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79121 times)
Flashheart

« on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:21:57 »

What a fucking trainwreck.

Just seen a video on twitter where there was a stand off between looters and the owners of the store they were trying to loot. The old bill showed up, the looters ran away, and the old bill arrested the (black) store owners.

They then arrested some random woman who was just driving past.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:37:29 »

Its not going to be easy to resolve is it.

I'm sure that incident won't be magnified to fan the flames!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:41:02 »

And it looks like the neo nazi morons are now on the move there. Going to get v bad, and where america starts we will follow. well not us, but lots of people will.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:49:13 »

It's been incredible viewing (not in a good way) especially the footage of TV crews and journalists getting zero leeway. Worldwide coverage of a nation that isn't dealing with this very well at all.

Who'd have thought the combination of racial tension, polarised politics, the 'war' on media, a surge in unemployment and the rest of the fallout from COVID-19 would create this mess?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:56:00 by Costanza » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:56:28 »

It's been incredible viewing (not in a good way) especially the footage of TV crews and journalists getting zero leeway.
You appear to have mis-spelled "deliberately shot and beaten up by uniformed hooligans who have been given a sense of complete impunity by a deranged fascist President".
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:58:05 »

Its fucked up, and neither side are covering themselves in glory.

It's plain and clear that black people are targeted for no reason other than the color of their skin, but then you see all the looting and violence that a select few cause and its like...come on! really?

I also feel sorry for Law Enforcement because the actions of a few tars everyone with the same brush and all of a sudden every single one is in the wrong in the eyes of some.

Its a lose lose situation and Trump isn't helping the situation.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:04:03 »

It's plain and clear that black people are targeted for no reason other than the color of their skin, but then you see all the looting and violence that a select few cause and its like...come on! really?

I also feel sorry for Law Enforcement because the actions of a few tars everyone with the same brush and all of a sudden every single one is in the wrong in the eyes of some.
Hmmm
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:05:20 »

Spot the difference:

White, bearded men, en masse, bearing guns sweep in to a State Government building to protest about not being able to have haircuts and get Trump's support..... Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:23:15 »

Plenty of video out there illustrating that a hell of a lot of the looters and rioters are white, also been noted that a fair few of those arrested have  links to white supremacist groups.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:25:12 »

It's absolutely crazy over there, especially the way the unrest has quickly spread to many other states and cities. A part of me did think Trump might attempt to diffuse it somehow, but he's doubling down and now threatening to turn the army on the people. I saw that last night a car was driven into and through a crowd of riot police and national guardsmen, and that officers in St Louis were shot.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:26:54 by mystical_goat » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:25:49 »

Plenty of video out there illustrating that a hell of a lot of the looters and rioters are white, also been noted that a fair few of those arrested have  links to white supremacist groups.
Twitter have also acknowledged they're taking down fake accounts inciting violence purporting to be "AntiFa" or Black Lives Matter that have been created by white supremacist or "alt-right" (aka digital Nazis) groups
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:27:04 »

It's absolutely crazy over there, especially the way the unrest has quickly spread to many other states and cities. A part of me did think Trump might attempt to diffuse it somehow, but he's doubling down and now threatening to turn the army on the people. I saw that last night a car was driven into and through a crowd of riot police and national guardsmen, and that officers in St Louis were shot.
There have also been multiple examples of vehicles being driven at crowds of protestors and drive-by shootings of protest crowds, including at least one murder. The assumption is these attacks are from the far right.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:28:09 »

A part of me did think Trump might attempt to diffuse it somehow...

I don't mean to be rude, but... what? Really? The racist-in-chief manbaby?

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:31:36 »

I don't mean to be rude, but... what? Really? The racist-in-chief manbaby?

I should have known better!

Just thought he or somebody near him might be able to understand that this is unlikely to end well, especially when inflamed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:33:43 »

I should have known better!

Just thought he or somebody near him might be able to understand that this is unlikely to end well, especially when inflamed.
Think it was said on the politics thread, he probably regards a race war as his best chance of winning in November. Everything he does is viewed through the lens of activating his base. He's loving it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: