Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154164 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 14:13:04 »

Have you read carefully the details of the court cases.... have you read carefully the FL/FA rules about club ownership and conduct?

I don't think, think, we have a huge worry here, as a club.  Barry, Standing & Power will do whatever is necessary to protect their own self interests and it was all left this nice shade of grey to ensure that no doubt.  It's getting messy because Power seems to have dried up his own reserves and gone seeking extra help, freezing out the other two, so they are playing tough to ensure they get their cut.  That's what that bit will boil down to - each side applying pressure until they settle on an agreed payout they can all share.

The fun bit in all this is trying to understand how on earth Jed and gang got involved!  The Court Cases at least lay bare the facts of transfer of ownership from Black.  I guess the initial plan was the trio investing with some sort of hope on pushing players and getting sell ons, but not being that interested in running the show.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 14:22:21 »

I don’t think Power has suddenly run out of funds. Standing/Barry first put money in when he took over in 2013 - the initial £800,000 to pay off debts and the rest to cover running costs.

By the sound of the amount they say they’ve put in - £6m+ - it’s actually feasible Power hasn’t put much of his own money in at all. Maybe all he’s ever been is a figurehead with those 2 providing the finance in the shadows.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 14:25:06 »

I don't think, think, we have a huge worry here, as a club.  Barry, Standing & Power will do whatever is necessary to protect their own self interests and it was all left this nice shade of grey to ensure that no doubt.  It's getting messy because Power seems to have dried up his own reserves and gone seeking extra help, freezing out the other two, so they are playing tough to ensure they get their cut.  That's what that bit will boil down to - each side applying pressure until they settle on an agreed payout they can all share.

The fun bit in all this is trying to understand how on earth Jed and gang got involved!  The Court Cases at least lay bare the facts of transfer of ownership from Black.  I guess the initial plan was the trio investing with some sort of hope on pushing players and getting sell ons, but not being that interested in running the show.

I think you echo what I and other posters have contributed in various ways, it is nice to get another view saying similar. There are those, on this forum, FB, media and other platforms who have a vested interest in shit stirring, making money and or gloating with the hope of the latter of saying I told you so.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 14:27:15 »

I don’t think Power has suddenly run out of funds. Standing/Barry first put money in when he took over in 2013 - the initial £800,000 to pay off debts and the rest to cover running costs.

By the sound of the amount they say they’ve put in - £6m+ - it’s actually feasible Power hasn’t put much of his own money in at all. Maybe all he’s ever been is a figurehead with those 2 providing the finance in the shadows.

Round and round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows. Except it will stop, just no-one can be sure where or when.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #514 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 14:32:25 »

I think you echo what I and other posters have contributed in various ways, it is nice to get another view saying similar. There are those, on this forum, FB, media and other platforms who have a vested interest in shit stirring, making money and or gloating with the hope of the latter of saying I told you so.
Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 15:00:51 »

Round and round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows. Except it will stop, just no-one can be sure where or when.
But there’s no disputing the fact that we’ve had secret backers since Power took over. The only question to be answered is whether that is enough of a breach of FA rules to incur their wrath.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 15:30:12 »

I don't think, think, we have a huge worry here, as a club.  

The point being made is we just don't know.... the current doubts as to what lower league football may look like in future makes for uncertainty.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 15:36:24 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 15:38:17 »

Or a piss up in a brewery?

He could run a piss up in the town end though. Oh hang on
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 15:41:44 »

But there’s no disputing the fact that we’ve had secret backers since Power took over. The only question to be answered is whether that is enough of a breach of FA rules to incur their wrath.

And that we don't know.... Blackpool for example had all sorts of shit, but still managed to not get expelled. However, when their legal stuff was cleared Belokon was awarded  £31 mill of the club's money, despite not passing the FL FPP tests. What is legal in the sense of law of the land, and the rules and regs of a sporting body are not necessarily the same thing and the latter often don't stand up when put to the scrutiny of the former.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 09:16:36 »

Are we still waiting for these explosive revelations from Paul Smith to be made public then?

As the days go by it sounds more like attention seeking behaviour by an up and coming journo.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:45:58 »

Just been reading that Bolton have been/are being run by a couple of agents.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #521 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:51:55 »

Just been reading that Bolton have been/are being run by a couple of agents.
Yep and they as owners don't have a pot to piss in, apparently it was almost entirely funded by Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:55:19 »

Why so many posters blocked on here No

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:56:17 »

Why so many posters blocked on here No
Eh?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:57:11 »

Not a great example, for sure, but apart from being skint I don’t think the FA have made a fuss about it.

Also read that the Macclesfield Supporters Trust paid the club £10k for April’s wages and so avoid a further points deduction - and their owner pocketed it and paid nobody.

What a fucker
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: