Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154206 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:23:39 »

Genuine question:

Why are people so quick to dismiss the allegations against Clem?

I know one source of the allegations comes from a career criminal, but that does not automatically mean he is not being truthful
Simple answer. He’s not Power. That’s enough for some.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:26:33 »

that's where you have to hope and pray that the trust get 50% of the ground, and the trust's legals have got the framework of ownership right

it's the very nature and timing of the attack. that has my Spidey sense tingling. divide and conquer play to keep hold of the club?
I absolutely agree.

it's perfectly possible power would do the same if he got the CG.
Of course Power will do the same which is why IMO Clem appears no different to Power just that he has a bit more backing financially (it appears).

it's perfectly possible Clem is not what he seems.
Genuine question....what does Clem seem?

All I see is a property developer, have I missed other things?

I see nothing to suggest he is anything more, despite 1 solitary article as mentioned above about Aussie players coming in.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:28:34 »

I think of Clem as someone who would want a profit, but be more transparent about it.

but I don't know the guy. he could be worse than power.

that's all I mean
Peter Venkman

« Reply #408 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:32:54 »

I think of Clem as someone who would want a profit, but be more transparent about it.

but I don't know the guy. he could be worse than power.

that's all I mean
Possibly mate, but until Clem actually comes out and states what are his version of preceedings then its all pure guesswork, he could be better, he could well be worse.

But as Aud says for many Town fans hes is just "not Power" and these fans will say the same thing about the next owner and the next owner, ad infinitum.

Flashheart

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:35:08 »

Simple answer. He’s not Power. That’s enough for some.

Indeed.

One commentator on social media recently said they'd rather see us in the 7th tier than have power in charge.

Why?

I can only guess, but if that person was asked why, I think their response would likely have been something along the lines of the fear of Power taking us into non-league. So, they'd rather see us actually in non-league rather than have an owner who *might* take us there.

Or maybe they just don't like him as a person? OK, I have some empathy with the sentiment. But are they allowing their personal dislike of one individual take priority over the well-being of the club?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:44:14 »

Mother Theresa could have bought the club and people would have slated her.

Tbf,after the continual shit show our club as gone through - from illegal payments, betting and various nefarious owners and would be owners - is it any surprise a lot people have lost faith in whoever is in charge of our club.

Remember Moosehead saying things would be OK at STFC until Power tries to sell up. He was spot on. It’s all unravelling.

Dear Santa

I have been a good boy this year so here is my Christmas list.

I would dearly like. A dyed in the wool genuine lifetime supporter of Swindon Town who happens to be squeaky clean financially with 100’s of millions of £’s to buy out any vested interests in STFC and buy the ground with a fan shareholding. Develop the ground to at least championship standard with amenities we can all be proud of, invest on the pitch in decent players and have a training ground that is world beating.

Lots of love LL

PS. I will leave some extra treats for you and the reindeer crew to help you deliver all the presents. 😁
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:05:18 »

Possibly mate, but until Clem actually comes out and states what are his version of preceedings then its all pure guesswork, he could be better, he could well be worse.

But legally speaking, as it stands Clem doesn't own any stake in STFC yet. We know he does own 15% technically but those shares have still not been signed over. They will in due course, the judge pretty much said that they have to be (one of the few things that were clear in his assessment). The question for me is, and forgetting Standing/Barry/Able etc. Why is Power refusing to sign over the 15% to Clem? Not in a personal sense either because legally he hasn't done so for nearly 2 years. It's not the kind of thing that just slips your mind. It's an intentional withholding. But why?

So back to the highlighted part of your comment. Legally then, if Clem doesn't technically own anything yet, why does he have to come out and say what his plan is? What I mean is, it isn't his place to. He doesn't own or part own the club (yet) so surely he is just doing everything within a legal business framework. He's not required to say anything. Plus could you imagine, especially now we understand the status, if he came out and said "I'm going to do X Y Z, with STFC". People would say, "who's this bloke, he's not the owner or a majority stakeholder".

Btw, I'm neither a Power or Clem or whoever fan. So I hope you don't think I'm one of those rearing their head. Anything but  Smiley I'm a Swindon Town FC fan, I expect any board to behave within all legal capacities and act responsibly to maintain that STFC continues to be a professional club. Even if their personal priority is to make money (always a strange one in footy), that's just business.

It all sits uncomfortably for me, and likely others because we've been here so many times. The cusp of greatness, everything going hunky mcfuckin dory and then wallop! A great big salmon smacks us in the face; again.

We all know that Power is as straight as the famous Greek, Skolios. We'd be naive to think otherwise. Yet it does seem he has a genuine care about the existence of the club.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #412 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:09:10 »

No not at all I understand fully what you mean, I would like to hear what Clem has to say on it, that may not happen due to legal reasons anyway TBH.

I am neither Power or Clem but pro club in this, I want what is best and who can say what is best?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:11:34 »

Massive shame this season has soured in this way.

maybe it'll all blow over..

🤞
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:19:45 »

Which is why I asked what has changed that makes the club worth£7.5m now - and it appears the Able we’re willing to pay that.
We only have Power's word for that and a piece of evidence that the judge in his ruling was quite dismissive of. As the ruling said, even if they were willing to pay that in Feb, it may be very different now.
Flashheart

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:22:47 »

Clem buying 15% for 1.1 million would value the club at approximately 7.5 million overall.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:23:54 »

clem invested pre-covid
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:28:27 »

This. Very unfortunately. As it is with much of our press. Not saying he hasn't been up to no good (or even naively pursuaded/ill advised/convinced) yet he should only be questioned on this alone. As you state, they will tear his life to bits no doubt (with social media on top). Then (heaven forbid) something tragic happens, they'll have the cheek to go about face and say how sad it is. Cunts.

Any ideas why Barry was involved as he would have known it was against football league rules

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:31:21 »

Clem buying 15% for 1.1 million would value the club at approximately 7.5 million overall.
That makes sense. But what made the club increase in value from £1.6m in 2013? We’ve been relegated and spent 3 seasons in the basement. We’ve obviously got ‘director’ debt as well, which I presume was zero when Power took over.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:31:40 »

Yes, but that's Power and Morfuni's valuation. Doesn't mean a buyer was ever willing to pay that, it means that was the asking price with which Able (presumably) started negotiations. Sorry, I wasn't clear - my point was echoing Oaksey Moonraker that the club (or any business) is ultimately worth what a buyer is willing to pay, the £7.5m is Power and Morfuni's valuation. Which tbf, they may well have good reasoning for. It doesn't sound wildly unreasonable for a business of that size
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: