Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154121 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 16:31:40 »

Isn't this journo a Pompey fan so maybe bitter about the 1993 playoffs.

Obviously someone close to the other parties is feeding him something a la 1990 there is an axe to grind. Maybe if it breaks in the press that might force Power's hand to compromise.

The throwing the 2015 play off final is laughable. Good way to hide it would be to have a team out of form since February, mentally and defensively shot by the Sheff Utd games, an injured captain and the manager sidelined in the build up.

What's more likely is the players were promised their big moves to the Championship so there was not as much riding on it as for Preston.

As for betting against your own team. The bookies are far to wise these days to suspicious betting and report footballers betting on games. Power as a racehorse owner and punter would be relatively high profile than your average coupon punter.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 16:33:11 »

Theakston2k just sent me this on twitter, McCrory on a football podcast waxing lyrical.

WTF

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-15573188/soccer-fellas-podcast-with-ian-holloway-and-jed-mccrory
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 16:35:25 »

Obviously someone close to the other parties is feeding him something a la 1990 there is an axe to grind. Maybe if it breaks in the press that might force Power's hand to compromise.

The throwing the 2015 play off final is laughable. Good way to hide it would be to have a team out of form since February, mentally and defensively shot by the Sheff Utd games, an injured captain and the manager sidelined in the build up.

What's more likely is the players were promised their big moves to the Championship so there was not as much riding on it as for Preston.

As for betting against your own team. The bookies are far to wise these days to suspicious betting and report footballers betting on games. Power as a racehorse owner and punter would be relatively high profile than your average coupon punter.
[/quote

I'm surprised Charlie Austen isn't under investigation for missing a sitter when the ball bobbled!

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 16:39:39 »

I wouldn’t use horse racing as something to reassure you, it’s one of the most rigged and immoral sports going. Some of the stuff I’ve heard about the grandson of our very own ex poison dwarf is enough for me to never bet on horse racing. I’ve even heard second hand from the girlfriend of said jockey about Power but taken it just as hearsay and is irrelevant to his ownership of us.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 16:44:16 »

Theakston2k just sent me this on twitter, McCrory on a football podcast waxing lyrical.

WTF

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-15573188/soccer-fellas-podcast-with-ian-holloway-and-jed-mccrory

Posted end of April/start of May...before this came out and before the court case(s).

Can't believe I listened to that prick gobbing off. Rooooooaaarrrrr! Cunt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 16:50:24 »

Either Wellens is completely in the dark, or as I keep thinking this is (expensive)handbags got a little out of hand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52773797
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:00:45 »

I'm surprised Charlie Austen isn't under investigation for missing a sitter when the ball bobbled!

That was the previous PO final.

The sight of Harry Agombar playing v Orient made some people question if everything was being done properly at STFC.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:07:54 »

A lot of people have missed you Reg, openly or discreetly. I hope you're well and have just been lurking? I was out walking the lower edges of the Howardian Hills a few days back and for whatever reason, I thought of you for a short moment. Must've been shared enjoyment of hiking.

'Incessant Nonsense'

brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:08:48 »

The sight of Harry Agombar playing v Orient made some people question if everything was being done properly at STFC.
[/quote]
And his dad in the directors box
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:09:05 »

I wouldn’t use horse racing as something to reassure you, it’s one of the most rigged and immoral sports going. Some of the stuff I’ve heard about the grandson of our very own ex poison dwarf is enough for me to never bet on horse racing. I’ve even heard second hand from the girlfriend of said jockey about Power but taken it just as hearsay and is irrelevant to his ownership of us.
I was making the point that the bookies get wind of this type of thing and betting patterns. So a punter backing Swindon to loose or unusual score predictions and winning on a regular basis would get spotted.

If you walked into Ladbrokes and put £1000 cash on Swindon to lose 4-0 say at 20-1 would start ringing alarm bells. It would stand out with the size of the market. The bigger the bets the harder it is to play the system.

League One or Two football is quite unpredictable in terms of players making silly mistakes or fluke goals to fix an outcome. Like the Grimsby keeper chucking in goals in both games this year.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:10:29 »

And his dad in the directors box

While holding a .45 towards Power's kneecaps  Eek

'Incessant Nonsense'

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:10:47 »

I know a lot of people shrugged their shoulders when that happened and said “it doesn’t matter” but, for me, it was just plain wrong.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:14:30 »

While holding a .45 towards Power's kneecaps  Eek

Didnt he have previous for armed robbery or something

EDIT: was lorry theft

http://archive.commercialmotor.com/article/26th-november-1987/22/lorry-theft-gang-jailed
tans

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:16:43 »

I know a lot of people shrugged their shoulders when that happened and said “it doesn’t matter” but, for me, it was just plain wrong.

Yep absolute piss take that was
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 17:29:18 »

A lot of people have missed you Reg, openly or discreetly. I hope you're well and have just been lurking? I was out walking the lower edges of the Howardian Hills a few days back and for whatever reason, I thought of you for a short moment. Must've been shared enjoyment of hiking.

An obscure part of the country.... good that there are some walking routes.

You might be interested in this

https://sootallures.wixsite.com/topographersarms/post/rites-of-property
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: