Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154140 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:03:52 »

This knobhead journalist....

If he had a story with sources he'd run the story. That's how it works. He wouldn't spend his time trolling on Twitter.

Unless it's to do with open court proceedings of course, in which case he shouldn't be saying anything.

Either way, his word holds as much credibility as anyone else jumping to conclusions and spreading shite. I'll choose to wait for a source I trust, or an official source, before I think we're done for.
Wise words and well said.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:06:11 »

I suspect that given a host of clubs potentially going under the EFL / FA are going to be very busy anyway.  Ill start worrying about all this when there is a potential for resumption of football.  All the rest is speculation and ITK pretence that anyone knows any facts.

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:16:10 »

I suspect that given a host of clubs potentially going under the EFL / FA are going to be very busy anyway.  Ill start worrying about all this when there is a potential for resumption of football.  All the rest is speculation and ITK pretence that anyone knows any facts.

The problem is we don't know the "facts"  A lot of this stuff like about Standing/Barry etc has leaked out, and hence become unofficial knowledge.  But things like the Ritchie sell on, seems to have passed under everybody's radar.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:30:07 »

Trousering that was the act of a cunt, not a criminal.

But how are fans supposed to know anything about THEIR club when there is a total, complete lack of transparency.

It’s got to stop. Not just here - Christ knows, we aren’t the only ones - but generally there must be a way of filtering out these chancers. Annual, independent audit?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:38:17 »

If 'their club' means the club they elected to support, why do we assume there is any entitlement to information?

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:45:15 »

If 'their club' means the club they elected to support, why do we assume there is any entitlement to information?

Chairman are happy to take the fans money each week so asking for transparency to any allegations once it's in the press is the least they can as without the fans money there is no club

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:54:41 »

Of course, if you step back, it's apparent that we purchase goods and services from all manner of businesses without knowing how they operate.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #307 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:56:34 »

I did not 'elect' to be a Swindon fan. It just happened.

If I could choose, I would not have chosen Swindon.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:58:08 »

With a bit of luck Power will be head hunted by FIFA to head up the World Cup 2030 bidding process.

That will open the door for the next shyster to fill the better the devil we know role.

Just tired of the club’s name being dragged through the mud. Again.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:01:17 »

This!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:03:06 »

I will just tell the story of the Plymuff that I took up the wrong 'un on Mutley Plain.

Ooh, I bet he was sore the next morning!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #311 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:10:26 »

Very fucking much this.

I have actually encouraged both my sons to not support Swindon as I don't wish for them to suffer as I have, although both look out for Town results and have both been to a handful of Swindon games neither are Swindon supporters.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #312 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:12:40 »

He may be right, he may not be, but its dragging the clubs name further through the dirt either way.
As I wrote earlier, I think we all agree with that 100%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:19:46 »

I suspect that there could be some form of philosophical debate around that.  That said, it must be common ground that you elect to continue being a supporter.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12:28:58 »

The problem is we don't know the "facts"  A lot of this stuff like about Standing/Barry etc has leaked out, and hence become unofficial knowledge.  But things like the Ritchie sell on, seems to have passed under everybody's radar.

Welcome back.

Regards the Facts, there are NO Facts, not for that bit that could put us in trouble.  Two mates having a chat isn't worth the paper it wasn't written down on. 

They all agree it was informal.  I'd put good money on the FA having a word and pointing out any issues with ownership before they all agree to taking the best course of action to save their own skin (which in this case is likely agreeing Power owns those shares and Standing gets a wedge of cash for loaning the club money).

The bigger issue, if Covid-19 hadn't reared it's head, was probably Power seemingly being out of cash/in trouble somewhere to do with tax liabilities.  In that event, this becomes much more interesting for us as fans to see how the ownership battle plays out.  Reckon Covid gave Power some breathing space on the operating costs.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: