Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154158 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:41:23 »

I posted this 9 years ago....

Now coming up for a 30th anniversary.... I'd like to think we'll see our way to celebrating our centenary as a FL club, but that must be debatable.  Anything can happen from here.
Welcome back, Reg. Christ, we must be in the shit Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:42:18 »

Latest from said journo

Paul Smith
@Smudge1962
I can assure you there are a lot of people extremely worried about this at both the
@FA and @EFL.  If you’d like some transparency I suggest you talk to them about it

I'd like to think the FA would have more things to be extremely worried about, they are going to have no bloody competition if this goes on for much longer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52680375
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:46:10 »

I'd like to think the FA would have more things to be extremely worried about, they are going to have no bloody competition if this goes on for much longer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52680375
Yeah, but they aren’t going to ignore ‘catastrophic stuff’ - if it exists.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:46:23 »

yay Reg!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:46:26 »

So who’s going to blow the whistle on something that may - or may not - have happened 4 years ago?

I know one juicy Power story from that time but it’s a personal thing - nothing to do with football.

Send us a dm, could do with a laugh
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:50:33 »

Depends on what you count as "catastrophic". Good job journos aren't known for overblowing the importance of their stories/contacts/selves are they? The guy may be on to a major story, he may be trying to puff himself up by trying to turn a minor bit of gossip into a scandal, he may have fuck all and just be trying to boost his Twitter presence (it's working by at least 1, I've followed him on the back of this). If it's something major, it will come out and will come out shortly because they'll want to get it sorted out before they award the leagues. If it's overblown bollocks, well meh. Either way, nowt you can do about it, so not worth getting worried about until we do see the colour of his money.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:50:40 »

What catastrophic stuff, yes it appears that we may have broken ownership rules and that needs to be investigated and action taken as per appropriate based upon the facts of the case, but compared with a load of clubs in danger of vanishing?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:53:06 »

I think whatever is happening regards the ownership is nothing to do with these extra revelations.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:53:57 »

I think whatever is happening regards the ownership is nothing to do with these extra revelations.

What extra revelations?
Flashheart

« Reply #294 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:54:31 »

That's the impression that I get as well.
Panda Paws

« Reply #295 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:54:52 »

This knobhead journalist....

If he had a story with sources he'd run the story. That's how it works. He wouldn't spend his time trolling on Twitter.

Unless it's to do with open court proceedings of course, in which case he shouldn't be saying anything.

Either way, his word holds as much credibility as anyone else jumping to conclusions and spreading shite. I'll choose to wait for a source I trust, or an official source, before I think we're done for.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:55:38 »

But you are assuming there are extra revelations and he hasn't just spoken to some ranting fan about how evil Power is.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:55:49 »

What extra revelations?
Sorry. Alleged extra revelations.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:59:20 »

Welcome back Reg!  Bye

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:02:05 »

Welcome back, Reg. Christ, we must be in the shit Smiley

Difficult to know. 

2 clubs have been expelled from the FL for dodgy director/owner dealings, Leeds City a hundred years ago and Bury.   Leeds City, disappeared and after a year United, were granted a league slot. Bury as yet don't seem to have reformed.

You'd like to think we can avoid that...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: