Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154263 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:31:05 »

When push comes to shove, I reckon Standing doesn't really want the ownership aspect of the club.

The Matt Ritchie sell on aspect tells me that he was in it as an opportunity to roll some dice with Power, and Barry.  Power explained the model he would use and they all thought it was a decent gamble.  I think the ownership question is being thrown around because Power renaged and also got another investor without including them.  Standing is just trying to ensure he gets his cut of the sale of the business, he'd likely take the deal Power agreed they made, but he's just making sure Power is reminded of that with a bit of a threat.

Therefore, I don't think there would be much the League could look into.  They'll arrange it to be whatever it needs to be to fit the League's rules and not damage their future business interests in being Agents.
REDBUCK

« Reply #196 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:59:09 »

Looking at the relative trajectories of the two clubs since, Rovers dodged a bullet there then Smiley

Indeed, they've lurched from the local milkman via the local double glazed salesman to an Egyptian half Prince plusa trip to Non League.

A billionaire from Jersey would have neen easier Cheesy
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 14:03:22 »

If anyone still wants to hear the Trust's initial thoughts on the subject, Rob Angus's bit on this morning's BBC Radio Wiltshire Breakfast Show is at 2:08 - 2:17 here (the link should be OK this time):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08cfqkl
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:21:37 »

Someone went to great lengths to get this out into the public domain, this was buried in court papers that nobody knew about other than the 4 amigos, and you would need to dig to find it if the link wasn't provided, and it is not really in their interest for it to be public knowledge, other than Clem....

I cant see any of them releasing a statement about this, although Power as chairman / owner could and should say something...but of course he wont though.

A couple of things I took from the judgements (I think):

At no time was Power willing to give Standing back access to the accounts and cash flow models and bank statements

Power did not produce any up to date or legal documentation from this US company with their offer, the only letter he had was the one printed in the adver and then later from some sports company that wasn't a legal letter either

Standing suggested he would look for new owners willing the buy the FC

We now know that the selling price is around £7.5m if someone wants to buy the club (potentially debt free)

If power wants to play hardball and standing is not putting any money in due to not seeing accounts, what is to stop power not putting anything in (from the money he has squirted away) and the club racking up serious short term debt (although not in their interest)

We don't know when one or both the injunctions expire, or when Clem's next court case is.

Not sure if Power can push his legal bill onto the FC

I read somewhere it was said that the tax man had caught up with Power and that is why he wanted to sell - but I cant find it now

Obviously we are hoping due to Covid that the prem fire some money down to lower leagues (consider Man U have given £240,000 to their supporters clubs worldwide) I hope this comes with conditions so someone like Power can't take it to pay of debts to himself from the FC and not inject it into the FC to keep it going until football resumes.

Anyone know any staff at the club to find out if wages are being paid on time (as I believe even though furloughed are being paid up to 100%)

The question is though if Standing is now not putting money in as he cannot see the account
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:23:42 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/wellens-issues-message-to-supporters/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:26:29 »

Great message. Only wish it had come from Power.

Come on, own up. We all thought it would end up with something like this.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:27:17 »

So Wellens has know about this for a year then and isn't bothered by it, that's something then.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:27:53 »

Someone went to great lengths to get this out into the public domain, this was buried in court papers that nobody knew about other than the 4 amigos, and you would need to dig to find it if the link wasn't provided, and it is not really in their interest for it to be public knowledge, other than Clem....
They really didn't. It's in the proceedings of the court that are regularly published as part of an open court system i.e. the documents are by their very nature in the public domain.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:34:21 »

Out of interest where did Tansmedia get this from in the first place, no disrespect Tans  Wink Cheesy but you don't strike me as they type to spend hours trawling through the open court system to find them?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:34:56 »

Sad thing is if this hasn't bought Reg back I fear we have lost him forever.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:39:34 »

So Wellens has know about this for a year then and isn't bothered by it, that's something then.

Interesting that this has been going on since last April, yet the confirmation Statement confirming the Clem shares only went to Companies House in August and the US story came out much after that didn't it?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:40:01 »

Absolutely.

I can see nothing more than Power, Standing and Barry given slaps on the wrist at most, no club sanctions despite many (so called) Town fans actively desiring that.
Agree, we have mostly gone backwards over the last 7 years apart from 14/15 and getting promoted back to league two this season so any money put in the club has been to keep our heads above water.

I can't see that we have gained an unfair advantage over other teams which was the arguement in 1990. We have not gained players we wouldn't otherwise have got (Brad Barry apart but he didn't improve our team).

The Standing/Crouch involvement was mentioned in 2013 in vague terms when Power got involved. If Crouch had access to the bank account details then surely he would see the monies in and out and whether Black was repaid.

You could see Gareth Barry choosing to retire at the end of this season (he is 39) and maybe Standing stopping as his agent to dodge sanctions.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:42:24 »

Football’s first player/owner!

Would that be true?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:44:40 »

Football’s first player/owner!

Would that be true?

I thought that would be Doughty.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 15:45:09 »

Wasn't Graeme Souness a Director and Player Manager at Rangers?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: