Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154157 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:39:15 »

Just imagine, if everything was all proven and we got expelled from the league.

Doesnt bear thinking about
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:40:13 »

He talks a good game but will never win over a large proprtion of the fan base for whatever reason historically, the Cheltnumb twat, Jaybox and several others have not ever given any reason for not trusting him other than, hes a cunt, hes not trustworthy etc etc based upon exactly what? a fuck up in ownership/management of Cambridge and Rushden? yet he is the devil incarnate for many yet nobody ever gives the reasons behind the absolute hatred.

I personally have never met and and never will so cannot make a judgement on him based upon hearsay and Chinese whispers unlike some.

Part of the issue seems to be that Clem has attached himself to the more conspiracy theory arm of our supporter base, it would probably aid his cause if he wasn't associated with self proclaimed voices of the fans who the majority seem to think are actually numbnuts! Its actually rather Jed like.

The outcome is always the same....money, not for the love of the club, not for footballing reasons....purely financial, similar to Power yet Power is fucking vilified for doing EXACTLY this constantly, the only difference is that Clem seems to have contacts in the building business to actually get the job done.

Its all a nonsense really, FWIU Axis are a contractor (mainly plumbing!), and to be honest getting a contractor on board is one of the easiest parts of any development project, they are literally begging for work, just being a contractor doesn't mean that they have a clue about delivering development projects. On something like the ground anyone delivering the project would just employ a professional team led by a PM, so unless Clem has suggested he can deliver at a cheap rate not sure what he brings.

Prospective owners of football clubs are usually in it forone of these 4 reasons (that I can think of).

1. They have a huge amount of wealth to spend as a play thing and can afford to waste in owning a football club and will do whatever they can to acheive footballing glory.

2. They love the club they are owning and want to give something back to the community and supporters of the club they love.

3. They want to make a quick buck by pumping some money into a club at playing level, getting them promoted and becoming a more viable selling option for profit.

4. They are in it to basically get hold of any development rights at clubs, building hotels etc on site or selling prime land and building a new ground outside of the city centre site of the current ground for massive profit.

Indeed they do, examples

1. Chelsea
2. Bristol City
3. Power
4. Bury/Oxford etc.

As for Clem, he is obviously a number 4. Is Clem a better option than Power? at least Power has footballing connections, even if he has pissed off a lot of them over the years, Clem has none at all.

You have to ask yourself...what is Clem in it for?

He has previously suggested it was a platform to bring Aussie players through, although not sure that holds much water. The jury is still out as to whether he is a 1 or a 4 on your list, or somewhere in between, however the septics in the wings would appear definitely to be 4's!
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:42:09 by horlock07 » Logged
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:41:23 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08cfqkl

1:07

I think Fraser's link has moved time period?

"the fa are aware ..."

Yeah, it keeps reverting to the live broadcast. I'm trying to track down a link to Rob Angus' piece from earler.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:43:05 »

I cannot for the life of me believe that LP would not have all the T’s crossed and I’s dotted in relation to any transgressions of ownership rules and regs. It’s one thing to lose other people’s money it is another to lose yours too.
The EFL would have to expel themselves as well then as they did the FAPP test on him and checked his proof of funds....
Seeing as Harry Kane is allowed to sponsor Orient for the season it would appear that a player giving money to a club is allowed as long as they have no influence over the running of it, in which case we look to be ok.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:45:03 »

Will things ever be normal at STFC?  Roll Eyes
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:45:27 »

I'm in two minds really.

I do usually subscribe to the "better the devil you know".... but under Power, we are going nowhere. He doesn't really even pretend to have any ambition other than keeping us going. This frustrates me a bit, and I know he's tried with the training ground and with buying the stadium but I feel like that was more so he'd have something to sell. But having said that, you know what you're getting. Provided we end up in League One without any kind of punishment and with most of the squad / Wellens he would have left us more or less how he found us.

It's a shame really that the positive work the club has done (particularly in the media department)  this season to engage with the fan base has been slightly undone. I think in future we'll still look back at the season with a big smile at what we achieved and all the content we had. It seems some fans are absolutely loving this, and that also doesn't sit right with me. Everyone knows Power is a dodgy as, but I didn't get the whole supervillain narrative. Some people very proud of themselves because of the masses of shit they threw, 2 or 3% of it has stuck.

I will be happy if Power leaves but with almighty concern about the next lot of people (lets face it, crooks) that will take hold of us. A new set of owners could see a difference in the set up of the club too, which is also a shame as I think we could have some real momentum going into next season. Maybe the virus had seen to that anyway? Who knows.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:46:14 »

The EFL would have to expel themselves as well then as they did the FAPP test on him and checked his proof of funds....
Seeing as Harry Kane is allowed to sponsor Orient for the season it would appear that a player giving money to a club is allowed as long as they have no influence over the running of it, in which case we look to be ok.

So, on that basis, the bun fight over who owns what, who gave what to who, how much everyone owns % wise or think they think they own, when they are getting anything back agreed verbally or not, etc, etc, etc, is just a personal financial sideshow.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:47:15 »

So, on that basis, the bun fight over who owns what, who gave what to who, how much everyone owns % wise or think they think they own, when they are getting anything back agreed verbally or not, etc, etc, etc, is just a personal financial sideshow.
Pretty much yeah, each party wants as much money as they possibly can out of any sale.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:48:26 »

I will be happy if Power leaves but with almighty concern about the next lot of people (lets face it, crooks) that will take hold of us. A new set of owners could see a difference in the set up of the club too, which is also a shame as I think we could have some real momentum going into next season.
I think every Town fan will agree with that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:50:59 »

Will things ever be normal at STFC?  Roll Eyes

Only when someone owns the ground lock, stock and barrel and has made a fuck load out of developing it. Which brings me back to the trust. I wonder if all powers issues with the other ‘investors’ kicked off when he found out the trust were in negotiations with the council and needed to act quickly and guarantee funds for 50% of the JV to buy. If as is suggested and suspected he does not have APTPI then then that would have alerted the others as to where there money is or when they were going to get it.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:53:49 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:52:29 »

Being able to get around conflict of interest rules by just not putting investors on any of the relevent documents, despite the interest being identical in terms of having a leaglly binding agreement of an investment later paid back based on future performance, sounds like the most football league thing ever. So I think we'll probably be fine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:57:58 »

Had a look on the EFL site regarding the do’s and don’ts of who can and who cannot be involved, directly or indirectly, with a football club. The sanction for breaking these rules

‘111 Powers of The Board in Event of Default

111.1 The Board shall be empowered, upon learning, whether pursuant to Regulations 107, 109 or 113 or otherwise, of any breach of Regulations 78 and 104 to 107 inclusive to require the Club and/or person in question to take such action as is necessary to rectify the breach forthwith or within such period as the Board shall determine.

111.2 Any breach of any of the foregoing Regulations 104 to 107 inclusive, including without limitation knowingly rendering incorrect or incomplete information pursuant to Regulations 107 and 109, shall constitute misconduct. Without prejudice to the range of other sanctions that may be imposed in respect of such breach, any Club in breach of any of the aforesaid Regulations may with the sanction of a special resolution passed at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting of The League, be expelled from The League. There shall be no right of appeal against such expulsion.’
Bear in mind that we were also in breach of those regulations during the Diamandis era, as he was a disqualified director acting as a shadow director. There is a difference between the ultimate sanction available to the League and whether or not they choose to even investigate breaches, much less apply the sanction.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:00:28 »

Bear in mind that we were also in breach of those regulations during the Diamandis era, as he was a disqualified director acting as a shadow director. There is a difference between the ultimate sanction available to the League and whether or not they choose to even investigate breaches, much less apply the sanction.
Only concern I would have is that Gareth Barry is a 'name' and such gets media coverage unlike a troll from Cyprus.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #178 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:01:03 »

He has previously suggested it was a platform to bring Aussie players through, although not sure that holds much water.
He has indeed mentioned about Aussie players but that depends on work permit issues pre and post full Brexit anyway, unless these players have no european/British direct ancestry(Grandparents) then they will probably fail, but thats all up in the air anyway as we do not know the full criteria as yet.

The jury is still out as to whether he is a 1 or a 4 on your list, or somewhere in between, however the septics in the wings would appear definitely to be 4's!
Genuine question, what makes you think he is a multi millionaire that is loaded?

He may have some wealth (compaired to the average man) but hes certainly no Andrew Black, Roman Abramovich or even a Shiekh Mythingy who have a metric shit ton of money to waste.

What makes you think he has finances or backers with that sort of cash to burn on a Div 4 team?

Or do you know something I am not privvy to? Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:05:49 »

Power was/is a football agent. If there is no problem with any old Tom, Dick or Harry pumping money into a club why are there specific EFL rules on the subject?

It’s been admitted Standing/Barry have put in around £6m and have received £2.3m back. Also that they are entitled to 50% of any increase in the value of STFC, if sold. Also 50% of transfer sales of certain players. If that isn’t ‘involvement’ I don’t know what is.

What I’m finding strange is that Power insists the money came from Barry, not Standing, which is admitting the offence. It’s almost as if the carving up of the spoils is more important than any sanctions the EFL might impose.

Who is going to buy a club when there is a chance they might get booted out in the future?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: