Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 148. Billy Paynter  (Read 2269 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 06:22:03 »

Billy P.

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/148-billy-paynter
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 08:33:02 »

Looking forward to this one (although I’m all the way back on AOB currently)

Always thought Paynter was unappreciated here. Over shadowed by Cox & Austin but was the perfect strike partner for both. 2 good solid seasons for us & 1 great one. Anyone who at the time (...or even now) labelling him a one season wonder are off their rocker!

I can understand why he chose to sign for Leeds...but...can not fathom why we let him get into the last year of his contract. Should have signed him to a new deal in the summer after season 2. I expect he’d have signed and would not have had the same interest from else where as he did 6 months later.

Poor from the club.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 09:59:19 »

As good as he was at revitalising they club commercially, Fitton was pretty Average to poor in terms of player contracts

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 10:50:47 »

Always thought Paynter was unappreciated here. Over shadowed by Cox & Austin but was the perfect strike partner for both. 2 good solid seasons for us & 1 great one. Anyone who at the time (...or even now) labelling him a one season wonder are off their rocker!
100%
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11:08:26 »

As good as he was at revitalising they club commercially, Fitton was pretty Average to poor in terms of player contracts

Perhaps or do we just remember the bad ones more?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: