Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 119557 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 13:42:54 »

Its still too early to be smug towards Bradford though. The majority of the season remains + a transfer window, anything could happen. We've seen how a short good run of form can easily propel you to the top.

And it's not just them either. Plymouth fans are the same, if not worse with the god given right to promotion. We were pretty much the same ourselves when we came down.

Absolutely on all counts.

Although many of our fans (not so much on here now) still think we should be "pissing this league" their words never mine.

We are in this league for a reason, and so are they.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 13:57:37 »

According to the bradford forum by loaning us Doyle, and allowing us to potentially signing him, they are giving us their promotion slot....

I love how they think it's theirs and they should be pissing up this league. If they were too good for league 2 then they wouldn't have dropped down, and if they were supposed to be pissing the league they would be up there with us not sitting at the bottom of the playoff places.

LIke i said a while ago, they are currently going through what we have been through and once they realise they are in league 2 for a reason (a footballing reason) then they might actually get somewhere.

I could be wrong but aren’t they making their assumptions based on their current team/form/position plus Doyle’s current haul of goals?

Just for example - Bradford have drawn 4 games. If Doyle had scored one in each of those games Bradford would be 8 points better off and top.

Doing the reverse calculations for us we’d be 9th

...and that’s only taking into account Doyle scoring 4 winners.

I’ve not read their forum but I’d imagine that’s how they’ve calculated their ‘promotion place’ which they’ve ‘given’ us rather than anything else.

I’m sure at some point over the last 5 years you, I and most Town fans have gone ‘....well if we hadn’t of sold Matt Ritchie’
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 15:10:02 »

Of course we have much of the season to go and whilst I am enjoying this run of form and the heady heights of top spot I am realistic in that it may not last forever.

I have seen this season more of the fans on here accept that we are in fact now a league 2 club and that seems to have really helps the mentality in the stadium and the conversations on here.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 16:01:09 »

I disagree with a lot of the above. No one should accept us being league 2, we should always drive forward and get out of this shit league.

league 2 is a low point in our history. I'm not settling for that and the moment the club does we can welcome mideiocrity.

I'm not against any club thinking they are too big for this league. Bradford and Plymouth are.

Yes we are here because we got relegated and have messed up going up. it's our own fault and it needs fixing.

and yes if we hadn't have sold Matt Ritchie... Beers
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 16:11:56 »

Out of interest, how are we 'too big' to be in League 2?

Accepting that it's where we currently lie doesn't mean we're ok with it?

I'm not ok with it, I want us to push onwards and upwards, but I am accepting of the fact that it's where we are and we need to put in the work to get out of it..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 16:14:18 »

I don;t think there is anything wrong with looking at the club, as it exists today, and suggesting it's resources should result in League One as a natural bedfellow.  Any season above that level is to be cherished and anything below that level to be irritated by.  That's not saying our team deserves to be any higher than it is at any point, just that we should be capable of putting together a squad that can compete in L1.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 17:26:32 »

I'm not ok with it, I want us to push onwards and upwards, but I am accepting of the fact that it's where we are and we need to put in the work to get out of it..
Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 18:38:55 »

Out of interest, how are we 'too big' to be in League 2?

and grass is green. of course we have to accept it. we are league 2 club- fact. but a club like ours will always expect to be higher.

I don't want to get like city fans with what is deserved and factors into what makes a big club etc BUT history, success, attendances and even our stadium puts us above the majority in our league.

we are here on merit. but we are a big league 2 club no doubt about it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 19:03:20 »

I'm liking the attitude of the club, part of the reason I'm back attending. Done more games this season than the previous 5 seasons. Whatever league we're in, if the club are up for it then so am I. Plus, I like the beer and company  Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 20:49:37 »

75 pages and still they rumble on.     No one knows, roll on Jan 4th when he turns out in a STFC Shirt.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 14:31:06 »

Not sure if this has been posted on here before but here is a little insight to the Wellens /Doyle love affair from their time at Oldham. For the record, I think this worked on that occasion but he then got ill and missed most of the rest of the season.

https://twitter.com/officialoafc/status/945232240606437376?s=12

« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 15:14:32 by tj2002 » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 14:53:31 »

Not sure if this has been posted on here before but here is a little insight to the Wellens /Double love affair from their time at Oldham. For the record, I think this worked on that occasion but he then got ill and missed most of the rest of the season.

Ha ha, that's brilliantly gay. Never seen Wellens that light-hearted!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 15:52:33 »

Not sure if this has been posted on here before but here is a little insight to the Wellens /Doyle love affair from their time at Oldham. For the record, I think this worked on that occasion but he then got ill and missed most of the rest of the season.

That's great, wasn't he only on loan at Oldham until January anyway?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 16:21:32 »

Would be awesome if they replicated something similar here, for Christmas  Smiley

Also shows those two have a very good working relationship or they wouldn't have been game for a laugh like that.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 18:18:57 »

That's great, wasn't he only on loan at Oldham until January anyway?

He was in the same situation as the current state of play but Oldham were able to extend to the end of the season...

Spell #1 (Aug-Jan) 12 goals in 17 league appearances.
Spell #2 (Jan-May) 2 goals in 13 league appearances.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: