Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 118191 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 08:39:53 »

Do others read between the lines of this Bowyer statement

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18044760.bradford-city-doyle-talk-can-wait-says-busy-bowyer/
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 08:54:15 »

I don't think we can read anything into that.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 08:54:56 »

Again just looked at the bantams page, one poster thinks without a cup run they can't afford him back.
Fingers crossed Shrewsbury do us a favour tonight.
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:03:33 »

I don't fully understand FFP and the age cap in L2, but surely it's not month to month, i.e. a cup run in January means you can spend more on wages in February?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:04:20 »

Again just looked at the bantams page, one poster thinks without a cup run they can't afford him back.
Fingers crossed Shrewsbury do us a favour tonight.
A cursory look around this forum should be enough to convince you to take precisely no notice whatsoever of anything posted on fans' sites. We all talk a load of old shite
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:05:42 »

I don't fully understand FFP and the age cap in L2, but surely it's not month to month, i.e. a cup run in January means you can spend more on wages in February?
No but it would mean extra income beyond what you'd initially budgeted for (unless you've been silly and budgeted for getting into round 3 by default) so would mean you could spend more knowing that you wouldn't go over the overall limit by the end of the season
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:14:16 »

A cursory look around this forum should be enough to convince you to take precisely no notice whatsoever of anything posted on fans' sites. We all talk a load of old shite

I totally get that PaulD, tongue in cheek comments as my previous posts proves, we are signing him 100%but he is also returning 100%.
I would like to think there are negotiations going on between the 2 owners and Bowyer isn't involved, unless he is signing and they don't want to release that to avoid the fans frustration.
FWIW I think we need Doyle, yes we play just as well without him, but we don't score anywhere near enough as when he is playing.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:18:07 »

Shall we open up an argument about needing a 20+ goalscorer for promotion? Surely that argument doesn't have too many miles on it thus far?..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:19:48 »

Pele will want a contract for 2.5 years - assurance that not many lower league pros get at his stage.

We’re likely to be better placed, maybe, than Bradford, not because of our budget (they will surely have more based on gates) but due to the fact he’s on a roll. But from a professional perspective, being on a roll means you’ll feel entitled to a good wage. He surely won’t “reward” his good form with a pay cut to come here.

If we can shift McGlashan, Diagouraga and maybe some others, then perhaps it is go. I suspect he’ll get pulled by them in early Jan, and we’ll spend January trying to sort a deal out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 09:36:50 »

Total bollocks and you knows it.

Power and Wellens obviously view this forum, they noted the sage advice that we would never get promoted without an experienced right back, and promptly went out and signed Caddis.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 16:37:38 »

One of their fans in their Doyle thread has just done a massive post about how without Doyle we wouldn't be top....

Pretty sure you take the leading goal scorer from any team and remove his goals their league position changes. They really are working themselves up into a frenzy over there. And they are getting quite sensational about their predictions, its actually hilarious.

We just need to let the chips lay as they fall, he wants to be here and doesn't want to be at bradford, he has stated that and both clubs know that. It's up to the powers that be to get a deal done and make him a Swindon player.

If that doesn't work then we go again and find another striker that can use the service we provide and I am sure we can find one.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 16:44:19 »

If you take things at face value off things like Twitter where Doyle only mentions playing for Swindon in his bio then it suggests he has no affinity to Bradford at all now. I’d imagine he’ll do all he can to try and facilitate a season long stay here and I’m sure he knows their fans would be at him if he didn’t score for a few games. I’m not really worried at the moment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 16:45:49 »

My favourite so far is for them to sell Doyle to another club in January and then get that club to loan him back to them!

They’ll be a long queue for that one! They still think he can play outside of England.

Tbf, they have got a couple of expensive donkeys up front with Vaughan and Donaldson - Yates has score more than them combined.

I suppose they do realise that if Doyle returns we will still score goals. I very much doubt Doyle will continue his goal a game ratio.

In some ways I wouldn’t mind him returning, underperforming, messing up their promotion bid and us still going up.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 16:55:56 »

Sounds lik Bantams fans are still not interested in welcoming him back,  hope that the board view it the same way,

posts on their forum -

If he is costing us a sizeable sum, for arguments sake £3-4,000 a week, then given that his contract is likely to run for a further 26 weeks from 1st January 2020, a ‘free’ transfer to Swindon, the only other British club he can play for until his contract expires, would save us £78,000- 102,000 in wages. The money which would be ‘freed up’ could then be put towards another player or players. Strengthen the squad for the promotion push. That IMHO is very sound business . 

Since Doyle has left, City have increased their attacking output following the arrivals of Connolly, Cooke, and the return to fitness of Ismael, and increased our xG output from an average of 0.48 per game to 1.50 per game. We've netted 24 in 16 with an xG total of 24.01. This is despite the fact our two main strikers have underperformed based on the stats.....

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 17:01:00 »

Quote from: Panda Paws on Today at 09:03:33

No but it would mean extra income beyond what you'd initially budgeted for (unless you've been silly and budgeted for getting into round 3 by default) so would mean you could spend more knowing that you wouldn't go over the overall limit by the end of the season

All budgets are done assuming Round 1 exit. You said no but the FFP website says different:

During the season the clubs provide regular updates on their Turnover and wage bill. Any club that is forecasting a wage spend within 5% of the figure will be scrutinised more closely. Where a club is on course to exceed the limits, the Football League will apply a Transfer Embargo. Crucially, a club doesn't have to overspend to incur the embargo, it only needs to shown to be heading for an overspend. This interactive approach enables clubs to increase their wage bill if their circumstances improve - a successful cup run will generate increased income and the Football League may be able to sanction additional wage spend.

Things which will help us get Doyle, a win tonight, a bradford loss tonight. What would also be interesting is how much a transfer ban would effect Bradford at the end of January. Who cares if they can't sign anyone during the season. This can also be helped with owner cash injection.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 17:03:23 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: