Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If you owned STFC  (Read 6549 times)
Flashheart

« on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 23:12:36 »

Let's say you owned the club and money was no object.

How would you go about it? Would you take a Wray/Di Canio-esque route, or something more measured?

Personally, I would look to build something in the long term. I'd want to leave a long-lasting legacy. More of a Power-esque route but with a bit more oompf and urgency.

Or something else?
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 23:29:43 »

Oh,

And I would definitely troll the fuck out of the less cerebral fanbase at every given opportunity.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 00:19:33 »

I think I’d go the Wray/Di Canio route to start with just to build a bit of upward momentum & hopefully win back a few fans.

Once the wheels were spinning I’d definitely look at leaving an excellent infrastructure. Stadium & training ground.

Would be great to have an excellent academy that could produce ready made decent first team players for years to come, but this isn’t football manager so ‘improving youth facilities’ doesn’t automatically mean you’ll start producing home grown, world class, first team ready at 15 defenders called Stuart Friend...
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 01:12:52 »

I'd be really secretive about it and troll all my favourites on here. Love you guys <3
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 07:58:56 »

- buy the ground redevelop and modernise it.
- pavement lining across behind the townend with all ex-players (or just hall of fame) on each slab.
- same place have status lined across as well. One of don rogers, Williams etc.
- buy the cricket pitch and turn the whole county ground area a place for training and the academy.
- lower ticket prices
- hand out free tickets to schools and kids football teams
- set up a great academy which would take over the south west
- ban all negative fans Wink
- in terms of team be a bit like Southampton we’re on their way to the PL. Good amount of seasoned players but due to the great academy play some of them. Then can sell them for profit.
- back in the PL and I’ll build a statue of myself

Thank you and goodbye Smiley
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 08:01:47 »

Oh and get hummel or Umbro designing the kits
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 08:39:50 »

I'd open a mini bar made out of 2nd hand plasterboard in the townend
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 08:44:41 »

Oh and get hummel or Umbro designing the kits

On board with that one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 08:57:25 »

Buy the ground.

Redevelop the Town End first, then the Bank one a season at a time so it doesn't stop 3/4 of the ground being used to make a 25,000 capacity with room for eventual expansion if ever needed.

Give Wellens a season to see how he will get on then if he doesn't do so well bring in a manager who knows the lower leagues and give him a decent budget, maybe even a Di Canio sized budget and tell him he can bring in who he wants.

Instruct him to play an attacking style of football to try and get the fans back through the turnstyles.

Employ an ex Town player who has a rapport with our fans such as Lee Peacock as head of media who's sole job is to report between myself and the manager about goings on at the club and have a press conference weekly (or more if needed) to keep the fans informed of whats going on good and bad at the club, have as open a media policy as possible.

Employ an ex town player so go round schools with some of the players having training days and giving away free tickets to kids (+1 adult per child) of about 500 per match.

Give good cheap season ticket incentives, £5 a game or similar over the season, similar to what Bradford did and aim for home attendances to hit the 10k average (Bradfords attendances pretty much doubled with their ST offer).

Have an incentive too for away fans, like free travel as reading are doing for each away game.

Improve in ground catering at the club and build a new pre match clubhouse for supporters.

Basically not give a manager free reign but give him plenty to be more than competitive and try to ensure he plays a style of football that will win back lost fans and get bums on seats and make the County Ground an intimidating place for away teams to visit as it used to be.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 08:59:03 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 09:01:32 »

Pictures of as many piss stains embedded into the urinals.

Have that cunt Maguire printed onto all bog rolls.

Erect statue of Firok Kassam.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 10:43:44 »

Knowing my luck I would have the money and fail the fit and proper persons test
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 3, 2019, 11:37:24 »

Pay what you can afford scheme for home games.

Give the office staff a pay rise.

Have a micro brewery at the CG.
Sort the catering to gastro pub standards.

But the losing the sunlight moaners houses on Shrivenham Road.
Then knock them down and create allotment space for fans to potter around in.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 23:20:46 »

... and arrange a pick up and drop off service by Lear Jet to get our international support to and from games.
Bribe Greta Thunberg with a season ticket and a column in the match day programme.

Sort out shirt sponsorship with Amnesty.
Deals with betting companies are very yesterday, except that PL and Championship clubs and the gambling industry haven't realised this yet.
Our STFC will be cutting edge and ahead of the game in everything.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 8, 2019, 06:20:01 »

I would appoint myself as player manager.

Nothing to see here
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 8, 2019, 07:21:28 »

Make it more of an experience for kids: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17823661.swindon-town-set-launch-fan-zone-county-ground-ahead-first-league-two-fixture-season-carlisle-united/

Danny Lee is doing a great job. Runs the “My First Match” initiative and clearly loves it.

Have pint vending machines in the back of seats in the Town End to wake them from their three year slumber.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: