Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jed  (Read 20521 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
Jed
« on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 16:24:31 »

Not sure if this has been reported but rumours from Yeovil seem to indicate that one Jed McCrory is leading the consortium about to take over Yeovil. If that is true it can only end in tears!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 16:34:41 »

Not seen that mentioned. Only that he's left his post at the egg chasers and was going to work for Redditch council
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 16:35:31 »

That would be a short spell with Redditch council even by his standards. Yeovil are so close to the brink his presence would almost certainly mean the end of them if true.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 16:38:03 »

That would be a short spell with Redditch council even by his standards. Yeovil are so close to the brink his presence would almost certainly mean the end of them if true.
Maybe he is acting as a consultant - with all his knowledge should be a walk in the park!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 20:05:32 »

Rrroooooaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 09:53:04 »

This thread makes me laugh, I have no love for my local team Yeovil but I wouldn't wish Jed on anyone.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 10:27:46 »

Ye gods, wouldn't wish that on anyone. Except possibly Franchise. Well, if it does happen, they'll be supplying plenty of fuel for the "It could actually be worse" thread
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 10:34:35 »

All I can find down here in the media is this from 2 days ago.

"Yeovil Town confirm takevoer agreement with mystery bidder"

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/asp/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=29998&fbclid=IwAR2___g-dRS4NMqZUHmYhhR8jvAJ128AWh-0SmfiEj0Rwsda2Pg5VMlJKho

Yeovil Town have issued another statement concerning the ownership of the club and the first team management position. They have now confirmed that they have reached agreement with a group of people to take over the club, subject to the usual legal arrangements and ratification with the Football Association. The actual party is not named at this stage, leading to further speculation as to their identity.

The statement reads as follows:

"Yeovil Town Football Club is delighted to confirm that new owners of the major shareholding of HPSP Ltd have been identified, and are close to signing the required legal documents. The bidder selected has expressed a wish not to be publicly identified until the formalities are completed, but this development does now mean a first-team manager can be appointed early next week. The new owners will be interviewing managers early next week and after the selection process has been completed, an announcement will be made to the media, supporters, staff, and contracted players.."

The club quote Chairman John Fry as saying that having interviewed managers for the position in the last week, they now plan to allow the prospective owner to interview and choose their own manager:

"We have been working exceptionally hard to identify the right bid and this has been a challenging task as there were a number of legal and financial points to overcome.The deal we are announcing today is subject to the normal League and due diligence procedures, but all parties will now be working together to try and complete formalities as quickly as possible. Today’s news ends the recent period of uncertainty and what I am sure will be an exciting future for the club. I would like this opportunity to thank our supporters for their patience, during this challenging period."

Jeds name has popped up in conversations on their facebook group!

Here is an old message from the Yeovil chairman I found after the comments last week about their problems.

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/6215/id-invite-them-all-to-try-run-a-football-club-yeovil-chairman-says-as-fans-dissent-continues/
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 10:40:09 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 12:23:37 »

If true, this would be the fourth club he has “put a consortium together” for - us, Hereford, Worcester Warriors and Yeovil. What that entails, except for “come on laaadddzzz, let’s fackin do it, eh”, I’m not sure. What is more telling is that at all four he’s left others to it as soon as he was found out to be pointless (at best).
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 18:36:24 »

If true, this would be the fourth club he has “put a consortium together” for - us, Hereford, Worcester Warriors and Yeovil. What that entails, except for “come on laaadddzzz, let’s fackin do it, eh”, I’m not sure. What is more telling is that at all four he’s left others to it as soon as he was found out to be pointless (at best).
Didn't he have an involvement with Solihull Moors as well?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 19:57:13 »

and tried Hartlepool didn't he, or was that some of the other gang members?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 20:40:41 »

Didn't he have an involvement with Solihull Moors as well?

Yes

and tried Hartlepool didn't he, or was that some of the other gang members?

That was that prat Steve Murrall. Fed me and ralphy a load of shit in our local pub one afternoon. Now doing 8 years in the slammer for fraud relating to Hartlepool
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 20:03:06 »

My Yeovil supporting friend seems to think that there are three consortia bidding for the Glovers, word has got out that Jed would not be a popular choice!  I wonder why?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 08:23:57 »

My Yeovil supporting friend seems to think that there are three consortia bidding for the Glovers, word has got out that Jed would not be a popular choice!  I wonder why?
2 of the bidders have fallen by the way side and dropped out, its down to just one bidder now.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 08:38:44 »

The fact that the club statement suggests that they have reached agreement with 'a group of people' wouldn't fill me with confidence?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: