Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The frozen budget (not rumours) thread  (Read 10223 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 13:25:38 »

It's inevitable that people take this as a bad sign....

Is it, the majority on here don't seem to have done so?
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 13:34:35 »

Slow news day for the adver so  runs headline grabbing article. If we are to run with less players then the budget for better players should be there. Also allows Wellens to let us know his great plan will not get underway for a month...or so. 
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 15:26:27 »

Adver journo on Twitter earlier said Wellens is off in Dubai for ten days at the moment anyway, so doubt huge amounts going on in the next week

Any way, and I can’t remember if I’ve said this already, but a £2m budget lets you get 5 ‘marquee’ players at £4K per week (which I’d assume would be top league two wages), and pad out 15 others at £1.8k per week average (which again I’m assuming isn’t a terrible wage for this level, especially when you consider likes of twine, romansko will probably be on less than that). And then you get 5 loanees on top

A very simple way of breaking it down, but you could definitely build a promotion winning team on that amount

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 15:34:42 »

is your maths right?

edit: yes they are, but you forgot employer contributions, pension, etc -  unless that's included in your estimates, but I guess that's only 15% or so - so I'll shut it
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 15:40:49 by Batch » Logged
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 15:43:33 »

Adver journo on Twitter earlier said Wellens is off in Dubai for ten days at the moment anyway, so doubt huge amounts going on in the next week

Any way, and I can’t remember if I’ve said this already, but a £2m budget lets you get 5 ‘marquee’ players at £4K per week (which I’d assume would be top league two wages), and pad out 15 others at £1.8k per week average (which again I’m assuming isn’t a terrible wage for this level, especially when you consider likes of twine, romansko will probably be on less than that). And then you get 5 loanees on top

A very simple way of breaking it down, but you could definitely build a promotion winning team on that amount

Make this 2.5m ish plus loans
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 15:43:40 »

It highlights just how badly the money has been wasted in the past.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 16:50:48 »

is your maths right?

edit: yes they are, but you forgot employer contributions, pension, etc -  unless that's included in your estimates, but I guess that's only 15% or so - so I'll shut it

Depends whether you're talking netto or grosso... players prefer netto.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 18:56:52 »

Depends whether you're talking netto or grosso... players prefer netto.

Taken from the Rudd Gullit book of salary negotiations. Who’d have thought it that the forum knowitall would plagiarise some one else’s statement? 
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 19:15:35 »

The fact is there isn't much money, lack of investment has seen performances decline and gates/revenue fall.
We have performed worse, year on year, under LP and despite all the big talk, most of our squad rebuilding will take place a week before the season starts with free's and loans. We may get a player or two like Nelson (please god) but building a quality team which has trained and is ready to go from the start isn't going to happen. Keep doing what you've been doing and you'll keep getting the same result.

2017/18 ave = 6380

2018/19 ave = 6427

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-two-2017-2018/1/

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: