Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444503 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: Friday, August 7, 2020, 17:01:58 »

Fuck sake people 🤣😖
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 09:00:40 »

Possibly a glimmer of hope for Charlton? Danish bloke interested in buying them from (apparently) the two chancers who originally bought them from Duchatelet as East Street Investments. But the others two chancers who claim they bought ESI from the first two chancers but then got told to do one by the League are trying to block it. Of course, it may well be the Danish bloke is also a chancer but he talks a good game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53837348
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 09:07:46 »

Possibly a glimmer of hope for Charlton? Danish bloke interested in buying them from (apparently) the two chancers who originally bought them from Duchatelet as East Street Investments. But the others two chancers who claim they bought ESI from the first two chancers but then got told to do one by the League are trying to block it. Of course, it may well be the Danish bloke is also a chancer but he talks a good game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53837348

Read about this last night as Paul Elliott (specifically the fans asking him to fuck off) was trending on Twatter.

I think the root of the problem is that Elliott's lot have basically been funding the club for a while whilst they complete the purchase that has been blocked by the FL after he failed the FPP test (quite some achievement), after the original purchasers fell out and flounced about a bit, the fact that no one seems able to talk or sort out a simple deal suggests there is more crap behind the scenes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 09:44:25 »

Read about this last night as Paul Elliott (specifically the fans asking him to fuck off) was trending on twitter.

I think the root of the problem is that Elliott's lot have basically been funding the club for a while whilst they complete the purchase that has been blocked by the FL after he failed the FPP test (quite some achievement), after the original purchasers fell out and flounced about a bit, the fact that no one seems able to talk or sort out a simple deal suggests there is more crap behind the scenes.
That and the fact that Duchatelet still owns the ground and training ground and ESI Mk 1 agreed a £50m option to buy them as part of their takeover. Which is apparently proving a significant deterrent to lots of potential suitors, most recently the Barclay/Varney consortium which was apparently popular with fans.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 11:57:36 »

Good news for Wigan, although one has to wonder why they were prepared to wipe these debts?

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2065173-wigan-athletics-former-owner-waives-rights-to-outstanding-debts
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 14:30:16 »

Good news for Wigan, although one has to wonder why they were prepared to wipe these debts?

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2065173-wigan-athletics-former-owner-waives-rights-to-outstanding-debts

If anything, that and the fact that the current owner apparently enquired about putting them into admin the day before he informed the League of his ownership of the club, makes the whole thing even more fishy. Plod should be looking at this
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 15:41:09 »

Quite literally, what the actual fuck....

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest-statement-07-08-2020/august/club-update/
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 16:09:59 »

Someone is having a tough time of letting things go, including the bottle it would seem.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 16:27:56 »

Someone is having a tough time of letting things go, including the bottle it would seem.

Maybe we could a whip-round/crowd funding thingy and get them on a cheap transfer to TEF. They’d fit in nicely.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 18:43:15 »

That is just so unprofessional.  
I understand of Course that events at Bury will have caused deep upset to many, many good people.  But it’s happened and moving forward hearts should only be worn on sleeves in private.  This statement shows that moving on isn’t really happening, whereas what is needed is a load of pulling together, rebuilding the club from the ashes of the past.  
It is worrying that someone thinks that this sort of amateurish outpouring will achieve anything, and having a pop at the football hierarchy is particularly likely to backfire.  And what on earth are they doing dragging in TV Licence and Prom Concert issues? I’m speechless.
I truly wish them well, but ......
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 18:45:56 by Geoff the Ref » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 18:50:24 »

That's a bit like reading one of Bamboo's rambling monologues. I stopped reading after two lines...must have attention deficit...something....
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 19:07:58 »

Jesus I never realised it was all the BBCs fault
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 19:42:46 »

That's a bit like reading one of Bamboo's rambling monologues. I stopped reading after two lines...must have attention deficit...something....

I have to confess to hacking another media teams press office, again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 19:51:15 »

This statement shows that moving on isn’t really happening, whereas what is needed is a load of pulling together, rebuilding the club from the ashes of the past.  

This is happening, the new club had their first match the other night and are entered in some lower tier of the non league pyramid.

I assume a sizeable proportion of the fanbase have migrated to this new version
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 21:00:10 »

I'm sure that will give confidence to all the Bury fans who can now see that their club is in safe hands.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: